• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Mewtwo or Mew?

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Mewtwo is purple <3, but Mew is cuter, rarer, and more coveted.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • I like mewtwo better, but I value my mew more highly. When I decided to catch every pokemon to complete my save in emerald (don't do this, all you get is a stupid picture from the guy who claims to be a dev) I had missed out on all the events, leaving me in an interesting state for mew and deoxys. You can get the rest from other games and two bonus discs. I ended up cheating them in the first time, but later decided I wanted to get these last two without resorting to action replay codes. 4 emerald save files on my secondary cart, a couple hundred cloning glitches, many hours, and 6 glitzer popping attempts later, and I had done it. If you're considering doing this, don't. Just cheat the thing in. It's better that way.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • Mewtwo is by far stronger. I like Mew and I enjoyed his story about his creation, but I do think he's pretty useless anyway.

Minun172

Still waiting for a new Mega Man game.
    Years
  • Mewtwo....

I would like to say Mew since she's so adorable but Mewtwo had a bigger impact on the Pokemon fandom than Mew, plus like everyone else said, Mew isn't hard to get.

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
    Years
  • For me, it's a tie game, because Mewtwo is among the best of the best in Gen 1, due to high Def, Sp Def and Sp Atk and his Recover.

Mew is beyond legendary due to inability to get him legitimately. For me, I cheat to get him as a trophy. (Maybe 1 trophy and 1 battle-ready Mew. :P)

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I like Mew, mainly out of cuteness. But, I do appreciate how Mewtwo is usually readily obtainable.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I've always perfered Mew. Even when I saw the first movie when it was in theaters, I bought the large tomy Mew figure instead of Mewtwo right afterwards lol :P

Never had one in my 1st-4th gen games though >_<

Years
  • latest

Dear lord it's adorable.

Mew for the win! Mewtwo is amazing in its own way though and I'll always see it as the true legendary Pokémon. It sent shivers up my spine in the movie.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • ...how can you guys pick Mew over Mewtwo? when the latter is so much easier to obtain and much stronger, and it has a better design. Don't get me wrong, I like Mew, but really, it falls flat in comparison to its clone. Mewtwo > Mew.

Really, if I were Arceus (I hate it though), I would really love to ban "cute" things from time to time and see your tears. ;)

Back