• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Mewtwo or Mew?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Mewtwo....

I would like to say Mew since she's so adorable but Mewtwo had a bigger impact on the Pokemon fandom than Mew, plus like everyone else said, Mew isn't hard to get.

Mew isn't hard to get? before last month, you couldn't get a mew for almost 10 years!
    I do prefer cute pokemon though :3

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2019
    Very difficult, both are infinitively cooler than most legendaries that came after.
    I guess i have to go with Mewtwo.
    As for power, Mewtwo is the better pokemon, but in the older games, mew was actually a pretty good counter for it. Mewtwo couldnt really get through Mews defences that easily, while Mew could setup and exploit mewtwos weakspot, its defence, with sword dance. Sword dance and explosion pretty much ensured either a switch or trading 1 for 1.

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
    Years
  • Mewtwo would be more of bro while Mew is like a buddy.

Hard to choose.

Xrx

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    Mew is my favorite. You can teach it almost every attack (TMs and Move Tutor). It´s cute and useful.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Only ever used Mew in HeartGold (Gen IV wi-fi events are the only time I've gained event pokémon, sadly lost Darkrai and Shaymin though).

I'd actually say they're about even - if you want to destroy in battles Mewtwo is a no-brainer, even though the type imbalance of Gen I isn't there a super-powerful Psychic type cleans up in Kanto. Mew is more fun to experiment with different movesets.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2016
    mewtwo, hes much more aggressive looking & all around cooler, plus he can talk telepathically ,mew is basically a flying magical cat

Years
  • As much as I love Mew, the only time I've actually used it was post-third gen, so my vote has to go to Mewtwo. Still, it would've been nice to actually see Mew under the truck near the SS Anne, though I guess it was neat that they at least acknowledged the rumors by putting a Lava Cookie under there.

S-MAN

Banned
    Years
  • As much as I love Mew, the only time I've actually used it was post-third gen, so my vote has to go to Mewtwo. Still, it would've been nice to actually see Mew under the truck near the SS Anne, though I guess it was neat that they at least acknowledged the rumors by putting a Lava Cookie under there.

I actually learned that the hard way after I went out of my way to only find a cookie?? I thought I was onto something.. :(
    And my choice goes to mew! Original looking and powerful for its size.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • Definitely still Mew, love how both look in FR/LG too. I also really love how they paid homage to the truck near the SS Anne with the Lava Cookie as others have said.. one of my favorite little hidden things in the games to date ♥

Back