• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I was going to recommend that myself. I'm not participating in NaNo now (no idea and no time), but I just like poking people to write.

Bada ba ba baaa!
    ilu

I'd love to try NaNoWriMo, but with a broken hand I couldn't. Next year!
    But you're Ozymandias! You should have had it done...35 minutes ago!

Last edited:

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Okay. After some careful thought and consideration I'm taking a rather pitiful 15,000 word challenge and hope to actually complete it this time. Yay?

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Okay. This is going to sound really weird, but I just wanted to let everyone here know how much I appreciate them. There's been a lot of stuff going on in the last 24 hours in my digital world...someone on another site I'm a part of tried to commit suicide, then I heard about what happened to Citty, and then another person had a seizure and is now in the hospital with a failing heart.

Honestly, I feel like a selfish bastard right now. Too often I focus on myself rather than those around me, wallowing in pity over some stupid thing that's happened to me or concentrating on my needs rather than others. The time I have on this earth is too precious to waste on myself like that, so I'm going to try to focus outward more for a change.

You guys are so much more than usernames. You all have real lives, personalities, quirks, likes, dislikes, and hearts. You love, you hope, you struggle, you hurt. You laugh and cry, breathe and bleed. It's easy to forget that there are people on the other side of this screen: I'll try not to take you for granted from now on. I am both humbled and proud to be around the likes of you all, and I think I need to articulate that more often.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    [snuggles TXTY] From what I saw, you didn't seem selfish at all. You are a very good person just for coming out here and saying what you just said, you know that?

...I'll resign from saying more because I'm really not good at this stuff. |D

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Txty, that post shows that you are anything but selfish. :3 Despite the fact that others have bigger problems, your own problems are still important. It's all about maintaining a healthy balance between inner and outer focus, I believe. :)

Also, thank you so much to all the people who dropped in to my blog posrt. :) It really blew me away. ^_^

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Not to mention that to help others, it is best to help one's self first. That way it could be like a healthy relationship.

My friend and cat died probably within a month of each other... That was a crappy month. But I enjoy much more focusing on the great memories shared with each, and knowing the fact that they are not truly gone. And I don't just mean in the sense of an afterlife, but the mere memory of them.

As human beings we experience a wide variety of things, we just merely have to take such an experience with us, and mold it to our favour.

So Texty what I'm trying to say, like you said yourself, despite our usernames and such, we're all great people with great potential, stuff happens and we grow because of it! :)

I'm hoping that made sense, when I sound philosophical and all (or helpful for that matter) >.> XD

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • >_<

Deep stuff.

But true, every word. *mega-glomps entire FFL* I suck at this kind of stuff, so I'll just point to the latter part of what txty said and say 'QFT'.

Off to NaNo some more . . . I swear, this thing is eating my life. :3

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Well, well, well, I'm back to the FFL.

It seems my dreams have finally came through, the FFL is brimming with activity!
    Yay, it seems that the recession is over or that this is just a small rise in activity.

Well uh, in a nutshell, welcome EkaSwede, welcome back Ninja, welcome back Citrinin, yay for Txty, and yay for activity. XD :3

About NaNo, if you look at it statistically from a one-sided observer perspective, it's not that hard. *shot*

Let's say you have 4 hours of free time a day. Your target is 5000 words a day. You write 1250 words in an hour(it's humanly possible). Then you write for 10 days and bam you have 50k words with time to spare. *bricked and shot repeatedly* ;_;

Well, that's from a one-sided perspective not taking into account that you actually need ideas and how to expand them and that the rules state that you can't write one word 50000 times in a row. XD

I know how hard it is, I've tested myself. 0_o blew my mind...

About the activity, quick Solovino write this down put it in the index. XD

Just so I don't sound hypocritical,
    How many of you have actually read the FFL's Bold Topic Index?

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023

I probably have up to 3 times now.

Lol... so appearantly either I turned off my alarm clock while it was asleep, or it just gave up, because I woke up 1.5 hours late...

But I do know that I turned on my alarm clock.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • How many of you have actually read the FFL's Bold Topic Index?
    >_>
    <_<
    >_<

As for NaNo, it's easily possible, yes. The trouble is finding those four hours. What I do is this.

I'm up at 5.30 (like I am now) to do some morning writing. Due to a backlog of PC activity and general tiredness, I usually get about 500 words done in the hour. Then I write down the last couple of sentences in an empty exercise book specially set aside for this exact purpose, and write in that by hand throughout the day. I might get another 400 words down. I type them in when I get home, and then I only have to do another ~767 to hit the target, but I always try to do more. By the end of last night, I was almost at today's target, yaya. Details under 'NaNo Stats' on this page.

THIS IS SO MUCH FUN OMG.

EkaSwede

Bouncy Bitter Bagel
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2015
    Well, regarding the difficulties I have writing nowadays, I think 50k words are crazy still.

You write 1250 words in an hour

Easily doable, I know. In my younger days, I used to be a keyboard rocket... or something.

The trouble is finding those four hours

I feel really guilty... I have usually little trouble to get lots of free time hours. The problems is that I'm often struck by WBs and ICs, and I just sit and stare at the dang document. I hate it.

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years

Guilty. <.<

NaNoWriMo seems like an interesting thing, but where heck will some people find time for it? ._.

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
    Years

Ha ha. I haven't. I should, but I haven't. X_x Are apologies needed in such a situation as this?

EkaSwede

Bouncy Bitter Bagel
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2015

Not surprising anyone, I haven't. o_O

Does that mean I will face dire consequences in form of severe punishment?

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013

I read it at least twice, maybe three times. It's pretty useful when nobody's on and you're waiting for a midnight Halloween guild party on Neopets.

...Not that I, um, still play Neopets or anything. [coughs]

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    NaNoWriMo seems like an interesting thing, but where heck will some people find time for it? ._.
    That's the fun of it, because some people actually don't have the time to specifically set aside for writing. Like with the "four hours of free time yay!", try finding those four hours when you're in college full-time and working near full-time hours. You don't have four hours to just sit there and write. You have an hour to an hour-and-a-half, and damnit, you use that time to write and not think about anything.

Does that mean I will face dire consequences in form of severe punishment?
    The moderator does not punish anyone severely unless she really does not like the person.

I haven't read the bold topic index either.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • I'm afraid all who have not read the bold topic index must have a fishbowl with a Grimer in it placed over their head for an indefinite period of time.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Yes, at least twice. Once was trying to find a topic I made a long time back... turns out it must have been before '09. Then more recently I went specifically to find the orgy and FFL Musical posts :P

Dagzar

The Dreamer
    Years
    I have, though it was more of a scroll-through than an actual read.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back