• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Super Training

EagleVision1999

Commander
Years
  • I like supertraining because it provides some alternatives to battling. Means I can alternate between activities, it's more fun this way (...inspite of the fact that I'm terrible at that ball game).
    I also like that supertraining visualizes the EVs of any given Pokemon in a conveniert sexagon shape, makes it easier to keep track of them.
    I'm generally more motivated to EV train this gen because everything from trading mons to training became so much more convenient.

Sand sack punching is tedious but the reset bags and the relax bags are pretty neat.

Years
  • I don't use Super Training that much.. Well, I think the mini games are fun etc but Hordes are faster for EV training.. I only use Super Training when I need an item like, Dusk Stone... I've noticed that when you have a Pokemon with the 'Compound Eyes' ability in your team(1st slot), you get that rare item faster.. I'm not sure if it actually works tho.. It may be just a coincidence.

But yeah, EV training in Super Training is such a pain... Especially when the Pokemon has 0 EVs.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Ya know what's one thing I'd wish they'd do to Super Training? Make the exact number of your Pokemon's EVs be displayed on the Super Training screen. The bar and the six-sided shape (what's the name for that anyway?) are nice, but I wanna see the exact number so I can makes sure I did it right and didn't do something stupid like give a Pokemon a number of EVs not divisible by 4.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Ya know what's one thing I'd wish they'd do to Super Training? Make the exact number of your Pokemon's EVs be displayed on the Super Training screen. The bar and the six-sided shape (what's the name for that anyway?) are nice, but I wanna see the exact number so I can makes sure I did it right and didn't do something stupid like give a Pokemon a number of EVs not divisible by 4.

Yeah but that's the challenge though. The previous 5 generations had absolutely NO display of any kind, so it's up to you to keep track (like you did in previous gens) yourself and while I do agree it would be easier to have the exact display, training should still be at least a bit of a challenge still. And really, it's super easy to check if you made a mistake anyway, just save, use a reset bag and you see what ALL your stats dropped by (therefore can check what number everything was at) and then just reset the game and you're back to where you were.

Back