• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 16, 2008
    The other day I edited the pokegear script to make it look more attractive. All you need to do is import the images into the picture folder then replace the pokegear script with this edit.

i like these sprites , i worked with them before.
    And i sprited a pokegear much better than the actual one...
    I have to fix it a little, and then poccil could implent it.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    That PokeGear interface is very nice but I think it needs a few more tweaks. Maybe add in an arrow and move the text box the whole way down and show the edges of it on the right.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    OblivionMew:

Thank you for the modification. I have finished incorporating it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Change the level of a Pokemon, or change the amount of experience earned?

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    The amount of exp gained from defeating a pokemon
    because its like 3 times too much...

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Oh, I see. To do that, edit the file pokemon.txt, and edit the "BaseEXP=" settings of any species in that file.

phoenixprime88b5

From the ashes, I rise...
    Years
  • The Pokegear scrip and grapchics, is excellent, thanks alot OblivionMew. I'm still wondering if anyone will make the Phone feature in the Pokegear yet?

And when i use the debug menu to change the terrain to ice, i save the changes. It doesn't work when i first do it, i have to leave the map then come back fo it to work, then when i save the playtest game and return to it, i can't slide on the ice anymore and it's like i never edit the terrain tags, what's up with that? (I don't mean to sound aggrivated or mad, just wondering)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Unfortunately, RPG Maker XP has its own version of the data in memory (independent of the game's editor), so that it overwrites it when the project is saved again.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    As I already know, RPG Maker XP doesn't force any terrain tags to be 7 or less, but merely displays
    them as blank in its tileset editor. For example, if a terrain tag is 10, it is still considered to
    be 10, but it's merely displayed as blank.

I will find a way to solve this problem in the next release, which will likely involve creating a
    temporary data file.

Years
  • By the way poccil, can you add in next release a way to do the animations by the standard RMXP system, no this animeditor...

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2008
    I know it´s very hard to script but will there ever be a contest script?
    or something like this?
    I think i could rip the graphics for this.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    All those requests for new features, and so little time. I'm very busy improving on it, so I won't be checking on this thread often. What I can say is that I will add Pokeball animations and a visual editor to the next version.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2008
    All those requests for new features, and so little time. I'm very busy improving on it, so I won't be checking on this thread often. What I can say is that I will add Pokeball animations and a visual editor to the next version.

yeah i know it´s very hard. Maybe i could help you with essentials.
    Indeed iam not good at scripting. Can you tell me where to learn?^^

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
    Years
  • I've been looking at the exp calculations after reading Sharpedo's post and I'm stumped. All of the variables are what they should be but the exp you get is higher than iy should be. Does anyone have any ideas?

*EDIT* I don't want to edit the base exp rate as it's correct as far as the Pokemon GBA/DS games go.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    It's a bug. To fix it, find this line near line 1761 of PokeBattle_Battle script section:

Code:
          dexdata.pos=76*species+17

Replace it with:

Code:
          dexdata.pos=76*(species-1)+17

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back