• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    Just use switch.
    First control a switch at the end of the battle of a GYM leader.
    Then add a new page for the trainer that wont battle you.
    Then set the condition to "switch" is on...Then leave it blank or add some text there...
    You've done it!!

Years
    Great starterkit! I like it very much! Keep up the great work. I've got a question related to the exp.points. I was fiddling around and at a certain point I battled a Magikarp of level 14, and it gave me a total of 300 exp. points!! I find it alot for a magikarp and not realistic in a certain way. At least I cannot remember that it gives that much EXP in a battle on the GBA. Where do I have to modify the amount of EXP.points you get for certain pokémon? I was thinking I should be changing the baseEXP in the pokemon.txt file. Where do I have to look?

Atomic Reactor

i tried changing the male hero sprite in the metadeta thing. bu i got an error after startign the game. so i changed it back, but i still get an error. here it is.
    [Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I have sent you a private message too.

[sigh] I've been getting so many messages that it's inconvenient to respond
    to them in this thread. If anyone has any problems or errors, I request them to be sent to
    me through private messaging, instead of to this thread.

Guys, I think you should PM poccil if you have any questions.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2010
    .............This Starter Kit Is An Answer To My Problem........... I've Been Wanting To Make A Pokemon Game For Quite A While...........Thank You For Making It.

Atomic Reactor

phoenixprime88b5, i just finished doing that this weekend. you have to set the move route of the event. and you must do the same for the player. they will happen at the same time. pm if you still need help.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    I have big question:
    My battlebackground for encounter in grass become battlebg 6 same as Trainer battle.
    How to change it become battlebg 1 or 2 ?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    As in the actual game, the choice of battle background is made depending on where the player happens to be: Grass--1; Tall Grass--2; Moving Water--3; Still Water--4; Underwater--5;
    Rocks--7; Cave--8; Sand--9. There are also two other battle backgrounds, one for outdoor maps (0) and another for indoor maps (6). The script section PokeBattle_ActualScene contains a function pbBackdrop (starting at line 977) which decides which battle background to use.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    It work for me^^
    Thanks!
    And I think you should add this information onto the notes.htm^^

OblivionMew

Spriter in the Making!
    Years
    The other day I edited the pokegear script to make it look more attractive. All you need to do is import the images into the picture folder then replace the pokegear script with this edit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back