• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
  • Since you're taking out Epona, will you be implementing Pegasus Boots instead?

Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

They've been implemented for a while as the first dungeon's treasure, they're just the running shoes though :P

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I gotta ask since I'm a bit of a game music junkie, what music is planned for this? Zelda series is obvious, but which ones in particular? Since this is using graphics from the Oracle of ages/seasons games the songs originally heard in those games obviously come to mind, but I am also expecting songs from newer games and older titles too since it would be cool to see all sorts of variety here and there.

Also considering the zelda series, especially the classic style games like oracle of ages and seasons which use a lot of the same graphics as Link's Awakening from the original game boy, part of me expects cameo apperances of certain Mario enemies, specifically Cheep Cheeps, Shy Guys, Goombas, and Piranha Plants as bonus monsters to capture. They appeared from time to time in certain tunnel sections of these games. Chain Chomps and Lakitus also appeared in the Minish Cap game as well if memory serves, and a Hothead was the boss of the final dungeon in Link's Awakening. Figured I'd mention this if there's some chance we'll see these things.

Danno

Years
  • I gotta ask since I'm a bit of a game music junkie, what music is planned for this? Zelda series is obvious, but which ones in particular? Since this is using graphics from the Oracle of ages/seasons games the songs originally heard in those games obviously come to mind, but I am also expecting songs from newer games and older titles too since it would be cool to see all sorts of variety here and there.

Also considering the zelda series, especially the classic style games like oracle of ages and seasons which use a lot of the same graphics as Link's Awakening from the original game boy, part of me expects cameo apperances of certain Mario enemies, specifically Cheep Cheeps, Shy Guys, Goombas, and Piranha Plants as bonus monsters to capture. They appeared from time to time in certain tunnel sections of these games. Chain Chomps and Lakitus also appeared in the Minish Cap game as well if memory serves, and a Hothead was the boss of the final dungeon in Link's Awakening. Figured I'd mention this if there's some chance we'll see these things.

This was brought up within the first five pages of the thread I believe... but no, I'll not be adding any Mario enemies. There are enough enemies in the expanded Zelda Universe that I need to hand-sprite overworlds and front and back battle sprites for that I'll not have any need for them. This is strictly a Zelda fanservice game.

There is already music from other Zelda games in this though, if you check out the YouTube channel one of the notable ones you'll see is the Lost Woods theme. Also, Lon Lon Ranch currently has the Ordon Ranch theme, and the battle music is from Twilight Princess. :)

EDIT: These videos are in the first post, and they're outdated, but you can hear some of the music here:
    Spoiler:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    ok cool I figured I'd ask, it makes sense you wouldn't want to add the mario enemies given what you said, there is so much to work with now especially with the upcoming new zelda for Wii U.

Danno

Years
  • ok cool I figured I'd ask, it makes sense you wouldn't want to add the mario enemies given what you said, there is so much to work with now especially with the upcoming new zelda for Wii U.

Yep, and as you can see in the first post under the completed creatures, I'm incorporating different versions of monsters in. My game will have River Zoras (think original Zelda, ALttP) as a separate race than Sea Zoras(OoT/MM). The ChuChus evolve from the Windwaker style to the Majora's style to the Skyward Sword style... so this game isn't consistent with the official timeline at all, and really, any of the story that was contemplated on the early pages needs to be scrapped lol.... but I'll make it work and still be enjoyable.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I always figured the river zoras were far different beasts than the zoras we know, especially when we factor that in the original Zelda and in Link to the Past they were called Zola which means in Japan they WERE called Zora as well. This is due to the common translations of certain words from japanese to english, due to most asian countries inability to pronounce the letter "L". So despite the two looking so different, they were actually one in the same before ocarina of time came along, so the distinction between the river zoras or Zolas to the real Zoras was a clever move by nintendo, and likewise you did good on continuing the distinction.

I like the evolution of the windwaker chuchu to the majora's mask chuchu, the two slime monsters were so different it was hard for me to consider them the same monster at first. Though the idea of one growing into the latter makes sense as the majora's mask chus were definately more threatening than the windwaker ones. Largely due to being much faster by not being glued to the ground like slugs.

Also if you had chosen to use the mario enemies I could see a lot of ways to impliment the different forms they would have taken, which may be another reason to have left them out in the end. I say this because of the Goombas alone. One could evolve them in so many ways. Paragoomba, Spikey Goomba, Collossal Goomba, and even Goomba King (which would be logical if one used a king's rock). That's not even counting the other varients such as the Gloombas or Hyper Goombas and their respective winged/spiked versions, so it would be ridiculous to try and go that far at all.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I just had to log in and comment...

My mind got blown and my jaw dropped a few times...
    Overall, this has got to be the most well done hack ever, I honestly though it was the actual Link's Awakening for a moment there.

Do you plan to add every single zelda monster as a pokemon or just the monsters that might have evolve forms?

The Fire/Ice keese would be perfect for the stones.

Last edited:

Danno

Years
  • I just had to log in and comment...

My mind got blown and my jaw dropped a few times...
    Overall, this has got to be the most well done hack ever, I honestly though it was the actual Link's Awakening for a moment there.

Do you plan to add every single zelda monster as a pokemon or just the monsters that might have evolve forms?

The Fire/Ice keese would be perfect for the stones.

Thanks for your interest! Though as this game's creator who has played Pokémon Discovery, I can already tell you it's not the most well-done hack ever lol... but I do pride myself in keeping the audiovisuals as nostalgic and Zelda-like as I possibly can. :D

I don't plan to add every single Zelda creature, though there will be plenty that aren't just ones with evolved forms. You'll see creatures(I say this because it's not all monsters) from multiple Zelda games ranging from the original to the latest games. :)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Hmm. I am curious, considering this is practically a fan game as opposed to just a ROM Hack (though hacks are technically fan games anyway but I think you get what I mean here) I'm curious abou thow the stats will end up working. By which I mean regarding EVs and IVs. IV calculators will obviously be of no use considering all the pokemon are replaced by zelda entities, and regarding EVs, since this is a fire red hack there obviously wont be any EV reducing berries to effectively train your captured monsters to their best. Is there a whole new stat system implimented? Or will EV training be handled in a different manner? I ask this since the Zelda series is known for minigames and they could be used as a means to increase certain stats if you were to figure out what to do there.

Danno

Years
  • Hmm. I am curious, considering this is practically a fan game as opposed to just a ROM Hack (though hacks are technically fan games anyway but I think you get what I mean here) I'm curious abou thow the stats will end up working. By which I mean regarding EVs and IVs. IV calculators will obviously be of no use considering all the pokemon are replaced by zelda entities, and regarding EVs, since this is a fire red hack there obviously wont be any EV reducing berries to effectively train your captured monsters to their best. Is there a whole new stat system implimented? Or will EV training be handled in a different manner? I ask this since the Zelda series is known for minigames and they could be used as a means to increase certain stats if you were to figure out what to do there.

I'm actually not focusing on EV or IV stats at all. I know, to some that's a turn-off. I'll leave that to the other Pokemon hacks focused on Pokemon. I'll be trying to balance my creatures as much as I can, but for the most part I'm leaving in the moves from Firered and not adding anything new, EV training will be something to figure out on your own. Besides, I'm not sure if I'm going to have trading/battling yet, so at this point EV training is a little pointless.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I figured I would ask since even for in-game stuff EVs are essential. I think whatever you plan on doing eill be better anyway since pokemon breeding in this scenario would honestly be disturbing lol

Danno

Years
  • I'm not going to make any promises on that, because there's still a lot of work to do, but I might give out a demo to the most devoted fans/posters in this thread at some point. :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2018
    I see how that would be ideal, it would be an almost guarntee for good feedback and a reward to those devotee's

Danno

Years
  • I see how that would be ideal, it would be an almost guarntee for good feedback and a reward to those devotee's

Absolutely. I may or may not have secretly done this in the early stages of this hack... haha

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2018
    One more question.
    I know a project like this takes a long time, but how long do you think it will be until it's complete even with bugs

Danno

Years
  • I really have no idea at this point. It's hard to tell because I need to get a job/car/place of my own soon... but I did just meet a student of Full-Sail University that may be interested in helping me with the project. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back