• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
    Looking at your screenshots... easily mistaken for an actual Zelda base there. Well done :) glad to see you're back to making progress.

Mailbox = PC is a good idea for integration too ^^.
    Little progress here and there, life's still hectic and I'm juggling working on this and learning a new language. Little problems keep showing up though, like the most recent one being a map stopped working with no level scripts or connections... like whyyy lol

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
    Little progress here and there, life's still hectic and I'm juggling working on this and learning a new language. Little problems keep showing up though, like the most recent one being a map stopped working with no level scripts or connections... like whyyy lol
    Slightly off-topic: What language are you learning, if you don't mind me asking?

Back on topic: Keep your head up! I fail miserably at hacking, but I can at least try to be a cheerleader, right? xD As always, looking forward to updates and the eventual release!

And that sounds like one helluva bug, any idea how it happened?

Danno

Years
    Slightly off-topic: What language are you learning, if you don't mind me asking?

Back on topic: Keep your head up! I fail miserably at hacking, but I can at least try to be a cheerleader, right? xD As always, looking forward to updates and the eventual release!

And that sounds like one helluva bug, any idea how it happened?

Im learning Estonian... and idk, I didn't change anything in the map, it just stopped as far as I know, crashes whenever you go to it

Bliss

Years
    Hmm. I wonder if there's a bug in the warp script? Maybe upon entering you are standing on a warp panel?

I've had that happen once, didn't end well lol. But if that's not it I have no idea what else it could be.

Danno

Years
    Hmm. I wonder if there's a bug in the warp script? Maybe upon entering you are standing on a warp panel?

I've had that happen once, didn't end well lol. But if that's not it I have no idea what else it could be.
    Hmm... maybe if I remove all the events in the map and redo them it'll work. I'll have to try it out later

Edit: I also thought about how to incorporate the mailman as into the storyline, because there's already mail items in the game. There are quite a few possibilities there, and if its (easily) possible, maybe the pc script could be altered so he has the item storage and the mailboxes have the pomemon storage or vice versa. Either way, the more I work on this game the more the story changes in smaller ways than whats on the first post. I should rewrite it soon, whenever I have wifi again.

I was thinking I should use one mail design for parchment and the rest as basic dungeon maps (without indication of where the player is but better than nothing). Maybe call it a treasure map and have the chest locations marked like they were in windwaker rather than the gameboy games? I also don't know how hard it'd be to call a blank piece of mail as a key item or something either... but I'm still brainstorming haha.

EDIT:

I tried removing all the warps and scripts from the map, changing some of the weather and such, still crashes upon entering... what a pain.

Last edited:

Bliss

Years
    Hmm... maybe if I remove all the events in the map and redo them it'll work. I'll have to try it out later

EDIT:

I tried removing all the warps and scripts from the map, changing some of the weather and such, still crashes upon entering... what a pain.
    I have no clue then, sorry. :/

Here's to hoping that you figure it out!

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years

Edit: I also thought about how to incorporate the mailman as into the storyline, because there's already mail items in the game. There are quite a few possibilities there, and if its (easily) possible, maybe the pc script could be altered so he has the item storage and the mailboxes have the pomemon storage or vice versa. Either way, the more I work on this game the more the story changes in smaller ways than whats on the first post. I should rewrite it soon, whenever I have wifi again.

I was thinking I should use one mail design for parchment and the rest as basic dungeon maps (without indication of where the player is but better than nothing). Maybe call it a treasure map and have the chest locations marked like they were in windwaker rather than the gameboy games? I also don't know how hard it'd be to call a blank piece of mail as a key item or something either... but I'm still brainstorming haha.

EDIT:

Is it like you warp into the map and it goes black/resets the game? I think I've had that problem before, all I did was add 1 extra tile to the map's height and/or length and that usually fixed the problem for me. I dunno, maybe you could try that and see if it works?

Danno

Years
    Is it like you warp into the map and it goes black/resets the game? I think I've had that problem before, all I did was add 1 extra tile to the map's height and/or length and that usually fixed the problem for me. I dunno, maybe you could try that and see if it works?

I'll give it a shot in a bit, thanks :D

Edit: this is a little disappointing, but it was the rain I think... haven't had much time yet but I'll check to see if it works on other maps later today, if not I have to go back a few days worth of progress because my backups were too infrequent... but I did get the map working after changing everything again.

Last edited:
    Years
    Wow!
    I love Zelda, I love PKMN and I love these.
    A Zelda hack on FireRed, strange but probably good, I love it, hope can play it soon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    My Support Thingy! :D

Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Last edited:

Danno

Years
    Note: Ooops Forgot that this post is a month old! Dear Admin, Please delete my post. Won't happen again. Sorry D:

Lol the last post was december 23rd, youre good. And awesome fansign, though the name of the game changed to Sacred Paradox months ago :D i really like the font for Echoes of Time.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    Lol I was checking the first post when I was making my Fan thingy. Anyways here is my updated fan thingy! Keep this good work up. :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    That area is so cool! How does it work? Are there script tiles defined in all the places you fall downwards?

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    wow the dungeon looks amazing. Great job with it. Everything looks and sounds great.

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    Looking good man. Can't wait to actually get my hands on a beta. Definitely gonna Let's Play this. All that aside keep on doing great with this.

Danno

Years
    Thanks guys. Working on the 3rd form of the ChuChu, from Skyward Sword. Pretty much a traced version of the official art, though the backsprite will have to be original art.

They're all Chuchus in their respective games, but in this they're ChuChu, ChuJelly, and ChuSlime(a name given by Bela and Mako).

Last edited:

Danno

Years
    Mako wanted to call it a SatanSlime or something like that, so Bela suggested ChuSlime... decided to go with that lol. Finished it's backsprite too, here's an updated version of the sprite set:

EDIT: it's 7AM, I should go to bed... >.> So I'll just leave this here. I'll work more on it later:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back