• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon VR: Game of Chance (OOC)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Eh, jus... Just forget that I showed my interest in this. I won't be making an SU. It's not that I don't like the idea of this RP, if I hadn't then I wouldn't have thought about joining at all, it's just that I come here now and see all of these SUs. All of these awesome SUs made by RPers that I've never RPed together with let alone known about. These SUs are long and detailed and have that little special extra and whatnot. For me as a pretty mediocre RPer to create something like this, I would need some time to really perfect it. If I would've just done something now in one or two days, it would've been completely torn to pieces and preyed upon by the other SUs. I feel like mine would never really make it. Plus, I've realized my limit, and this is a bit over that limit. So I'm not sure that my grades would turn out that good, and I'm not willing to sacrifice that.

Point being, everything just feels like "Errrgghhh..." and I'm not attempting to join this RP because an SU made in one or two days wouldn't be on par with every one else's.

But I still wish you good luck RHCP on being a GM in this, and also to all the participants in this RP. It would've been fun to RP with you, but I just can't.
    I'm sorry that you feel that way. I really like the way you RP and I like that you are a part of Arcanum :3 Just so you know, css and fancy images do not make a SU. They just make them more memorable.

@RHCP: It should be the very first image.... It exactly looks like him in the Pkmn World... Anyways, I'll just lengthen the SU a bit...

EDIT: I edited the SU. It's more longer... And I added simple CSS...
    I still see no image at all.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Okay, I want to choose players within the hour or so buuut so many haven't put up their SUs.

Skymin, TornZero, Pokemonmaster_draco, -DeepImpact-, Reader_Maniac, Michaela and First Snow (though I got your message). Do you want to finish your SUs before I make my choices?

@ gunnerpow7 - still no image, and your RP sample is under par.

EDIT: Right, I will very busy in the weekend from now so it will probably take some more days before I accept players.

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • I am sorta kind of almost done with my SU. >_>; Assuming that I have time during study hall to work on it, it should be up by today. Sorry!

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Well, I'm pretty sure I'm done now.

Miss D, I gotta say, I love your presentation (didn't actually read anyone else's yet :P)!

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • I am finished. Please let me know if I need to add, change, or delete anything. I apologize in advance for my personality to be so short. >_>; And parts of the appearance. >_>;

[FONT=&quot]real world
    [FONT=&quot]

Name| Sayuri Kimura
    Gender| Female
    Age| 18

Appearance| Sayuri has straight, dark brown hair that is a shade away from black. Her hair reaches up to her collarbone, layered with side bangs. If annoyed with her hair, she generally ties her hair up, but leaves the side bangs hanging. She has small, dark brown eyes. They are almond-shaped, and she also has thin eyebrows as well as thick and long eyelashes. Her ethnicity is obviously Japanese due to the colour of her skin. She is around 5'6" and weighs around 118lbs. Many say that she looks weak; due to her fairly young appearance and the thinness. Despite eating healthily, her ribs always seem to stick out and she is fairly thin all over. She does walk around a lot in the city and, therefore, is fairly fit. She has developed leg muscles, but that's about it. She does not have any tattoos and a few scars that came from falling down a lot or cutting herself on seashells, generally on her legs. She does wear a diamond encrusted lily necklace, but that's the only jewelry she wears. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Sayuri generally wears her school uniform when she has school; a short, blue skirt with a white dress shirt. There is also a blue tie with the uniform as well and knee-high, black socks. She also wears easy to slip off shoes like most students her age. She also wears blue shorts underneath her skirt. When she doesn't wear school, she finds herself in clothing that is easy enough to maneuver around in; generally in an arrangement of blue, black, and white. It usually depends with the seasons and the weather.

Personality| Sayuri is a very serious girl. Ever since her sister died, she hasn't been allowed herself to let loose and enjoy herself unless playing Pokémon. Because of her seriousness, Sayuri is very responsible and hard-working. However, she is very socially awkward as she doesn't really have any friends. Well, face-to-face, at least. Over the internet, Sayuri generally allows herself to let loose (OOC: not that it's going to matter in the RP, but I digress) and lets her witty, sarcastic side to come out. She rarely talks to other people, hating social events. She generally likes being alone better as it allows her to think. If she has anything to say, she doesn't like to state her opinions unless her morals tell her to speak. Despite being so serious, she has a quite temper that may sometimes get her into trouble. She is also very sarcastic and witty, but generally states her sarcastic comments to herself, rather than to other people. Sayuri is also very polite and generally speaks with Japanese honorifics, even in speaking another language. She may sometimes come off as arrogant due to the fact that she rarely talks to anyone and, if she does, she generally corrects someone. She hates lying and tries not to lie, even if it means hurting people's feelings if she told the truth. As such, she is known to be bluntly honest. She is also very independent and self-reliant. She also likes to contemplate complex meanings and ideas. She is known to be rather intelligent, above the average person, but not a genius.

History| Sayuri was born in Okinawa, Japan. Despite it being a hot and fairly humid place, Sayuri loved Okinawa because of its beautiful beaches. Even when she was very young, she loved swimming in the ocean and getting hit by waves. Her life at Okinawa was perfect. She had a great family (a mother, a father, and a younger sister), great friends, was doing well at school, and had a house near the ocean. However, after her little sister, Yasu, drowned in the ocean, Sayuri and her mother and father ended up moving away from the ocean to Tokyo, Japan when Sayuri was ten. Despite feeling guilty and saddened about her sister's death, Sayuri did not end up being a "problem child" and acting out. Instead, she worked even harder in school, becoming one of the top students in the whole school. Sayuri had to work hard in history, which was her worst subject, but she found that maths, science, and English came easy to her. In fact, she found out that her best subject was languages and she had a knack for them. At the age of sixteen, she already learned three languages: English, Japanese, and Korean. She is currently in the middle of learning Mandarin, however.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    While at Tokyo, both her mother and father found jobs there. Her mother had ended up being a secretary for a majour company in Tokyo and her father was also an employee for the same company. They both worked late hours, so despite seeing them if she woke early in the morning, Sayuri rarely saw her parents in the evening. As such, she would usually cook dinner and get groceries by herself. Due to this, she became very independent and self-reliant. As she was unable to get a job when she was younger and had no ways of getting money, she mainly contacted her parents through sticky notes. In return, they would leave money and a sticky note in reply. It became their main form of communication if they were not able to see each other face-to-face for a while, despite her parents' days off. Despite the supposed "days off", her mother would often have to run back to work in order to give something to the president of the company (for it was him she was a secretary for) or her father would be needed at work. Not to mention the fact that they had different days off. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    It was also when they moved to Tokyo when Sayuri had gotten her first Pokémon game. Despite spending most of her time studying, Sayuri found herself fascinated with Pokémon. Not only did it sometimes require strategy, but the plot was generally interesting. It always allowed her with something to keep her mind off her loneliness when she was tired of studying. Her parents were more than happy to allow her to buy the Pokémon games as they believed it was a healthy outlet for relieving stress that wasn't time-consuming or very violent. She began to excel at the Pokémon games and even competed in worldwide tournaments. She ended up getting at least one game from each generation (LeafGreen, Sapphire, Emerald, Pearl, Platinum, SoulSilver, Black, and White). The more she played, the better at Pokémon she became. In fact, she had managed to complete the Sinnoh pokédex completely without using cheats to gain the legendary Pokémon (instead, she waited for the events or traded with someone). She has also trained many of her Pokémon to level 100 without the use of cheats or spamming rare candies. She's very confident in her Pokémon battling abilities.

Pokémon world

Alias| Yasu
    Gender| Female
    Age| 13

Appearance| Like Sayuri, Yasu has straight, dark brown hair that is a shade away from black. Her hair reaches up to her collarbone, layered with side bangs. If annoyed with her hair, she generally ties her hair up, but leaves the side bangs hanging. Unlike Sayuri, however, Yasu has wide, electric blue eyes. They are almond-shaped, and she also has thin eyebrows as well as thick and long eyelashes. Yasu also looks Japanese. Yasu is 5'2" and weighs 98lbs. She is also looks as skinny as Sayuri with her ribs jutting out and she has thin arms, legs, and wrists. However, like Sayuri, she is well-suited to walking. She does not have any tattoos or scars. Like Sayuri, she has a diamond encrusted lily necklace with a silver chain. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Unlike Sayuri, Yasu has never worn a school uniform. Instead, she generally wears a celeste muscle shirt that rides up to show a little bit of her stomach. She also wears black cargo pants that reach up to her ankles. She wears black and celeste tennis shoes, black as the base and celeste laces. She also wears a celeste, over-the-shoulder bag to hold all her items in.

Starter Pokémon| Swablu "Kumo"

Pokédex Color| Electric blue swirls on a black background.

roleplay sample
    From Pokémon Trainer Academy (I'm being mean since it's like 10 pages): [/FONT]

Spoiler:
    [/FONT]

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Accepted players: Skymin, Rokusasu, Miss Doronjo, King!, romdinner, Raikiri.

We will begin playing once I make a new post in the IC thread. Probably on Sunday, because tomorrow I will be busy all day and night.

If you didn't get accepted, do not despair :3 there happens to be a spot open in my other journey RP, Arcanum, with Eevee as your starter... go sign up!

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
    Years
  • REALLY sorry it's so late, Red, but I /did/ make sure to PM you that it was finished last night from my iPod, since I had to go to bed and turn off my computer before I could post it. x_x

Regardless, here it is, if you'd still be willing to look it over.

Spoiler:

Doubt I'd actually make it with the horrid timing, not to mention the SU compared to the accepted peoples.

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • Congrats to all of the winners! You are now awesome for life by association. :)

(knew I wasn't going to make it, so isn't disappointed)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey, it's only a roleplay, there'll be more of these. The flashy css looks of the SU doesn't at all determine how good a player I think they'll be in a certain RP.

Go sign up for Arcanum instead, someone :3

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    *fistpump*

Fabulous! Congrats to all the other winners too! :D And to the not-so-winners; don't give up! There's always a next time! Keep on being awesome!

This is all so exciting, I cannot wait to start!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I have made the first info post in the IC thread now. Time to start playing!

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Holy crap why did I not notice this before. ._.

Can't wait to see this RP off! This seems ridiculously interesting and I'm punching myself for not seeing it earlier.

Happy RPing, hope this makes it to the end!

Back