• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFL/NCAA FOOTBALL FAN CLUB (#)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuminescentUmbreon

Eeveelution Trainer
Years
I agree.

Seattle's Defense stays good all game and locks down manning = Seahawks win

Seattle's defense doesn't hold Denver's offense = Denver wins

Unless Seattle's offense gets really really good all of a sudden, then who knows xD

Fun fact: Last team to have a QB to break the single season pass TD record = 2007 Spygate era Patriots with Tom Brady. We all know how the Super Bowl ended up for them xD

Go Hawks!

Haha, yep you're right. If the Seahawks Offense comes to life like earlier in the season, its gonna be an all out brawl. It's gonna be one heck of a game no matter what.

Faye Rose~

Resilient
Years
Haha, yep you're right. If the Seahawks Offense comes to life like earlier in the season, its gonna be an all out brawl. It's gonna be one heck of a game no matter what.

I know one thing for sure. This Sunday, I'll be in front of my TV, stuffing my face with food, trying to forget my problems over some football xD

I'm not a Seahawks fan, btw. I'm just rooting for them. My team is the Steelers, I don't think I ever specified favorite team.

LuminescentUmbreon

Eeveelution Trainer
Years
I know one thing for sure. This Sunday, I'll be in front of my TV, stuffing my face with food, trying to forget my problems over some football xD

I'm not a Seahawks fan, btw. I'm just rooting for them. My team is the Steelers, I don't think I ever specified favorite team.

Ok, haha. Looks like our teams will be playing each other next season then. :P It's so far away...

Faye Rose~

Resilient
Years
Ok, haha. Looks like our teams will be playing each other next season then. :P It's so far away...

I liked what I saw from the Steelers later in the season. If they can draft well and maybe sign a few guys here and there (and fix the atrocious offensive line, Ben did will this year in not getting hurt but he still gets sacked a lot and Le'Veon Bell is a promising young back who would do even better with some decent blocking) I think they can make it back to the playoffs, considering the only reason they didn't make it this year is because the Chiefs' kicker missed a chip shot FG, and should have gotten a retry because the Chargers were in an illegal formation, but the refs didn't notice.

LuminescentUmbreon

Eeveelution Trainer
Years
I liked what I saw from the Steelers later in the season. If they can draft well and maybe sign a few guys here and there (and fix the atrocious offensive line, Ben did will this year in not getting hurt but he still gets sacked a lot and Le'Veon Bell is a promising young back who would do even better with some decent blocking) I think they can make it back to the playoffs, considering the only reason they didn't make it this year is because the Chiefs' kicker missed a chip shot FG, and should have gotten a retry because the Chargers were in an illegal formation, but the refs didn't notice.

I thought they were going to pull it off, but like you mentioned, that play (ugh). Carolina needs wide recivers to compliment Steve Smith and Ted Ginn Jr. and that I think should fill the only essential need Carolina has. If they can get the offense to match the potency of the defense, then look out NFL! I think Carolina is finally ready to make a good run for the Lombardi Trophy. I'm very impressed at the fact that over the last 20 regular season games, they are 16-4. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm bragging, but as a Carolina fan I usually don't get to do that much. {XD}

Faye Rose~

Resilient
Years
I thought they were going to pull it off, but like you mentioned, that play (ugh). Carolina needs wide recivers to compliment Steve Smith and Ted Ginn Jr. and that I think should fill the only essential need Carolina has. If they can get the offense to match the potency of the defense, then look out NFL! I think Carolina is finally ready to make a good run for the Lombardi Trophy. I'm very impressed at the fact that over the last 20 regular season games, they are 16-4. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm bragging, but as a Carolina fan I usually don't get to do that much. {XD}

I agree, their defense was pretty dang good this year, with Kuechly and others putting in work. Receivers are an area of improvement like you said. Steve Smith is good but he's a little short and getting up there in age. I've never been a huge fan of Ginn, but he did have his moments this year and he returns kicks well, and there was another receiver they had whose name escapes me who did well. Add a tall, deep threat and don't get worse elsewhere and they're good for the future.

EDIT: Receiver I forgot = Brandon LaFell.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I want to step aside from the super bowl talk and talk about something that...I'm curious to read what everyone thinks of a certain subject.

Remember Tim Tebow? Yeah. I do pretty well. Just now he's been pretty busy while he awaits for a team to pick him up so he can play football. But lately he's been in commercials, appearing on ESPN analyzing college football, and much more. Honestly, I miss him playing football. He was really good back then, but I understand *why* everyone doesn't like him, because he's a hardcore religious person and all, but why does that need to get in the way of football?

Would anyone like to see him back in the NFL? Why or why not?

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
It really wasn't about him talking about his faith. He wasn't doing well as an NFL QB. He wants to be in the NFL, but he hasn't shown that he has the ability to run an offense or throw accurately. He was okay in Denver that one year, but they were never going to win a Super Bowl with him at the helm.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Yeah, I understand. It's going to take A LOT for him to be at the same level as many QBs like Romo, Sanchez, and even the Mannings at that manner.

Also, I just got back from work. Anyone watching/following the Super Bowl right now? I heard the Broncos are doing a poor job right now and that is baaaaaaaaad imo. D:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I have no idea why they were playing the way they played tonight. They had so much potential and now they threw their chances away. I'm kinda happy Seattle won and they finally obtained their title, but Denver should have played better.

On the plus side, Seattle's defense pretty much dominated the whole game. They were even capable of tackling what was supposed to be the #1 offense.

LuminescentUmbreon

Eeveelution Trainer
Years
Wow, I don't even know what to say about last night. It looked like Denver gave up once the Seahawks got close to 30 points. Like I said, I don't even know what to say. Whelp, off to the off season now, can't wait to see what David Gettleman can do with the Panther's weaknesses to get them to the level of the 'Hawks. In the meantime, NASCAR starts back up on the 23rd so it'll keep me distracted til August. :P

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
What a horrible and cringeworthy Super Bowl to watch.

What do you guys think about potential draftee Michael Sam coming out as gay before the draft? Will it hurt or help him? What do you think will come of it?

I for on applaud his courage, but on the other hand, straight men are not allowed in women's locker rooms for obvious reasons. If I was in a gay man locker room getting changed and being naked I wouldn't feel comfortable the same way a woman wouldn't feel comfortable.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
That should never interfere with his passion to play football. I think he should stay. I understand what others are coming from with this issue but if he doesn't get drafted just because of his sexuality, then I call bullcrap to be quite honest. It's unfair.

I'll be proud of him if he does get drafted.

Also, to keep NFL discussion going, there's a lot of NFL players who are going to free agency next month, so they'll be scouting for teams who are hungry for players like them. Here's a blog entry for more information regarding that. Discuss!~

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
As a New Orleans Saints fan, I am just nervous that Jimmy Graham doesn't test free agency. Drew Brees' contract is eating up on a lot of their team's salary and I hope it doesn't hinder their chances to keep him. They'll probably end up franchise tagging him, but I'm hoping for more of a long term deal. Hopefully Brees will restructure his contract because without Graham it will be tough for them to contend with the Seahawks.

Nobody bring up the playoffs against the Hawks, I'm still bitter about it

Years
That should never interfere with his passion to play football. I think he should stay. I understand what others are coming from with this issue but if he doesn't get drafted just because of his sexuality, then I call bullcrap to be quite honest. It's unfair.

I'll be proud of him if he does get drafted.

Also, to keep NFL discussion going, there's a lot of NFL players who are going to free agency next month, so they'll be scouting for teams who are hungry for players like them. Here's a blog entry for more information regarding that. Discuss!~

If I'm reading that blog right, it seems the Vikings are getting rid of Jared Allen. I'll miss his personality. :(

Though it's probably the best move for them given the salary he's likely to be looking for.

Also, joining up to this club because this looks like it has the best chance of survival over the many failed NFL Discussion threads that have happened over in C&M over the years.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Our plan is to keep it alive during this dreadful off season. A lot of things are going to happen during then, so we'll do our best!~

Welcome btw, Dondon. :D

4. Off the Mark: If the Jets decide they want to retain Mark Sanchez (unlikely), they will try to get him to swallow a massive pay cut. The amount of their proposal will tell Sanchez just how much they really want him. If they try to slash his base pay from $9 million to $1 million, it would be insulting, a strong indication he'd have no chance to unseat Smith. If they offer in the $3 million-to-$5 million range, with a chance to make more money with incentives, it would show they consider him a viable starting option.

^So what will it be, Sanchez or Smith? Time's a tickin', Jets. I think it's not worth staying and take the massive cut.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
^So what will it be, Sanchez or Smith? Time's a tickin', Jets. I think it's not worth staying and take the massive cut.

I agree. Sanchez nor Smith are viable options for the Jets as a starting quarterback. I think Smith is better than Sanchez (barely) *cough* butt fumble *cough* but if they want to ever make a playoff push I don't think either will get you there.

Speaking of which, do you think that the Jets will try to trade up at all during the draft? Rex Ryan must still be in the hot seat for the dismal performances of his quarterbacks, and I think he'd do anything to try to save his job. Or do you think there are any quarterbacks that they might go for in FA?

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Jets are in a tough spot, I wouldn't move up in this draft for a qb I'm not sold on any of them. Nor do I see any of them as a "franchise" type qb. The only decent qbs that might end up free agents are Vick and schaub and both had less than memorable seasons last year.

I'm glad to see all the females in here ;), didn't know so much ladies were into football here

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back