• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Fire and Lightning - Generation V Fan Club

Years

• The Fire and Lightning!
    The Generation V Fan Club

The Fire and Lightning - Generation V Fan Club

Overview
    Welcome to the Unova region fan club! This club is all about discussing Unova, and the Generation V games of Pokémon – Black and White, and Black 2 and White 2, and other aspects of the franchise that the Unova games and series are based on. Anything relative to the region can be discussed, locations, Pokémon, Gym Leaders, and so on and so forth. So if you're a fan of this generation or region, then this club is perfect for you.

Rules
    1. Be respectful toward fellow club members; don't flame or bash others.
    2. While joining, you may partner-up with a Pokémon that is native to the Unova region, as listed below.
    3. Please try to be active; because otherwise the club won't really have much value.
    4. Anybody is free to suggest a topic at any given time, even if a current one is present. Older topics may also be answered at the user's discretion.
    5. Try to make posts that are at least somewhat detailed and give good explanation, and not just a couple words to them, and proper capitalization and grammar is good too.
    6. Enjoy, have fun, and make sure to follow all PC rules!

Sign-Up Form
    Username:
    Partner Pokémon:
    Reason for joining:
    Answer the current topic!:

Members List
    Spoiler:

List of Unova Pokémon

Spoiler:

Current topic:
    PotW - Crustle (page #5)

Topic Archive:
    Spoiler:

Userbars:
    Spoiler:

That's basically it. This is a bit under construction but for now it's what I have. Please enjoy!

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Username: Aslan
    Partner Pokémon: Joltik

Reason for joining: I loved Unova for many reasons. Mainly for the storyline, new features such as the PWT and of course, the pokemon themselves. I know they always get a bit of backlash and trashtalk for reasons such as 'oh but they're so uncreative!' but I find the same argument can be applied to almost any generation. Overall, they don't deserve the hate they get and they're a really nice bunch. :)

What is your favourite Unova pokemon and why?

It's a tossup between a load of options. I loved the cuter pokemon such as Joltik, Shelmet and Mincinnio while also appreciating the cooler side of things with Braviary and the different legendaries of the game. And then there's just Stunfisk who deserves its own category. No words can explain how amazingly pancaked it is. <3

But to answer the question, I'd say Joltik is my favourite. I wrote a huge wall of text in some other club about it once but I'll try and summarise it here. So take a look at its design first. Now what do you think of it? If you said 'top kek its not cute' then it's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I however find its tiny size and bright colours a huge factor of why I like it so much. Coupled with a unique typing, some wires to chew on and various Joltik fanart, it really is hard not to like it. :D

Years
  • I guess it wouldn't hurt to join, given I am a 5th Gen fan myself!

Username: Hikamaru
    Partner Pokémon: Oshawott
    Reason for joining: The 5th Gen is awesome, and is severely underappreciated. This generation did a lot to deviate from the usual Pokemon story format, along with introducing a lot of revolutionary features.

What is your favorite Pokémon from Unova?

As if one didn't know already, it's Oshawott and its evolution line. Always been my go-to starter in every Unova game I play and it's also extremely cute while being a badass at the same time. Always will be my fave Pokemon for all eternity.

Nakala Pri

Partner Pokémon: Cobalion
    Reason for joining: Because Pokemon Black was the first game I ever completed and it's an epic generation! ;D
    Answer the current topic!: What is your favorite Pokémon from Unova?

Well, it's a really hard choice, but I love Cobalion! =D Of course, Mienfoo, Dewott and Woobat are freaken awesome buuuuuuuut you can't beat this dude.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Username: Dedenne1
    Partner Pokémon: Emolga
    Reason for joining: I really like gen 5 idk why some people hate on it some of my favorite pokemon are in this gen plus i like the storyline especially on bw/2
    Answer Topic:
    So my favorite is Emolga.
    Firstly iris used it in the anime plus its cute plus i love electric types plus its actually pretty powerful PLUS its got a unique typing! I just want it to be on my shoulder or on my head when i walk around haha!

Years
  • Thanks for joining, everyone! I'll update the OP in a bit.

As for me, I think you all know what my favorite Unova Pokémon is, but in case you don't, it's Scolipede, that insanely heavy megapede that has a big horn and lots of tiny feet, and is surprisingly much faster than its appearance would leave you to expect. It certainly helps that it can learn so many cool moves like Megahorn, Rock Slide, Earthquake, and as of B2W2, Aqua Tail and Superpower. It's just such a cool Pokémon for what it is.

Years
  • Hydreigon is definitely among my favorites from this generation too, I may even go so far as to call it second only behind Scolipede. It has one of my favorite designs in the series, and battling Ghetsis' in BW makes its character even more formidable and look a lot cooler. That thing is a MONSTER.

And I never said you only had to choose one :P But those are all ones I like quite a bit too.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Hydreigon is definitely among my favorites from this generation too, I may even go so far as to call it second only behind Scolipede. It has one of my favorite designs in the series, and battling Ghetsis' in BW makes its character even more formidable and look a lot cooler. That thing is a MONSTER.

And I never said you only had to choose one :P But those are all ones I like quite a bit too.

Lol how many would u like us to choose? And thanks i love Emolga so cute <3

Years
  • HOW DID IT TAKE ME THIS LONG TO FIND THIS?

But anyways.
    Username: User 101
    Partner Pokémon: Emboar (who else?)
    Reason for joining: Pokemon Black was my first game, which led me to really enjoy the game, Unova, and Gen V in general.
    What is your favorite Pokémon from Unova? Emboar of course! Being my first starter, Emboar seemed like a superhero, being able to knock out everything in Pokemon Black - except Reshiram. I've also done a couple solo challenges with Emboar, which were ridiculously easy.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Username: Lilith
    Partner Pokémon: Whimsicott
    Reason for joining:
    I love the 5th generation for introducing some of the most well designed Pokemon in the series. I can't get over how amazing Volcarona, Chandelure, Scolipede, Lilligant, Reuniclus, Eelektross, Galvantula, Escavalier, Mienshao, Bisharp, and Hydreigon are. I'm fond of all three mascot/box legendaries, too.

Answer the current topic:
    What is your favorite Pokémon from Unova?
    Of course, Whimsicott is still my favorite. That little floaty cotton ram is just too adorable.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Username: Odyssey
    Partner Pokémon: Sawk
    Reason for joining: The Unova region is my favourite region, games-wise, story-wise and Pokémon-wise. This gen in my opinion redefined Pokémon.
    Answer the current topic!: What is your favorite Pokémon from Unova? I've mentioned this many times in other threads, but Sawk is my favourite Pokémon from Unova. It's not just my favourite Unova Pokémon, but my favourite Pokémon of all time. Since I don't want to repeat myself, I'll just quote this post I made...

It's a fantastic Pokémon to use in an ingame team (especially in B1W1) and it has one of the most underrated designs. People always dismiss it as ugly, when from both a personal and a critic's point of view, it's design is not as bad as what others say. My most favourite things about its design is how its based on an Oni and how it wears clothing. Especially the latter, since it creates more worldbuilding and mystery to the world of Pokémon. Some people also say that Fighting types are the same thing, but to be blunt, so are Ghost types. It's kind of a shame to see so much hate for this Pokémon. Both Yōkai and strangeness have always been in Pokémon since the beginning.

My second favourite is Mienshao. It's great in battles and has one of the best designs. Too bad you find it late in the games, however. I like Mienshao so much that it made me a fan of weasels. I love Sawk and Mienshao to the point where I might've went a bit too far with my love for them... :P

Honourable mentions go to Braviary, Terrakion and Sawsbuck.

Last edited:

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Oh please sign me up. Generation 5 is my top; and Black and White are my favorite colors.

Username: Polar Spectrum
    Partner Pokémon: Stunfisk
    Reason for joining: Previously stated; 5th gen is my favorite. I didn't play any games after Sapphire in 2000 something, all the way through high school up until I was starting college, when I had a few friends getting back into it with Black and White. I bought a DSi on a whim, got white version - and fell in love all over again harder than before. Black and white are also my favorite colors. And I love the Tao trio. And how black and white play; and the region - and all the pokemon they introduced in fifth gen.
    Answer the current topic!: What is your favorite pokemon from Unova?

Prrrrobably Reshiram? Or stunfisk But this is a REALLY tough call. Reshiram is my favorite color; white - symbolically representing Truth; which I DIG. And it's Dragon / Fire - which is a unique typing I LOVE. And it's got a cool signature move, special focus rather than physical which I also love, and just - everything going for it. But Stunfisk is a Stunfisk, and that's pretty hard for me to get over.

In case you all didn't know, on ... Thursday? Or was it Sunday - maybe Friday - nights, Stunfisk actually takes over a small portion of Unova. I'm not making it up, it's a real weekly event.

it's their neighborhood.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Oh please sign me up. Generation 5 is my top; and Black and White are my favorite colors.

Username: Polar Spectrum
    Partner Pokémon: Stunfisk
    Reason for joining: Previously stated; 5th gen is my favorite. I didn't play any games after Sapphire in 2000 something, all the way through high school up until I was starting college, when I had a few friends getting back into it with Black and White. I bought a DSi on a whim, got white version - and fell in love all over again harder than before. Black and white are also my favorite colors. And I love the Tao trio. And how black and white play; and the region - and all the pokemon they introduced in fifth gen.
    Answer the current topic!: What is your favorite pokemon from Unova?

Prrrrobably Reshiram? Or stunfisk But this is a REALLY tough call. Reshiram is my favorite color; white - symbolically representing Truth; which I DIG. And it's Dragon / Fire - which is a unique typing I LOVE. And it's got a cool signature move, special focus rather than physical which I also love, and just - everything going for it. But Stunfisk is a Stunfisk, and that's pretty hard for me to get over.

In case you all didn't know, on ... Thursday? Or was it Sunday - maybe Friday - nights, Stunfisk actually takes over a small portion of Unova. I'm not making it up, it's a real weekly event.

it's their neighborhood.
    Welcome to the club Polar and lol i love that pic haha

Pendraflame mind if i make a new topic?

Years
  • Kinda fell behind on this, but i'll update the OP in a minute. And yeah I remember the Stunfisk swarms in the summer that B2W2 would throw at Striaton City, those were amusing.

And Dedenne go ahead, if people want to make a new topic then i'm all up for it. I was about to post one, but let's see if you can make one more clever :P

Dedenne1

Years
  • Ummmmm I promise nothing lol I was pretty sure you would but it gave me more time to think :p

What City/Town was your absolute favorite in Unova?
    Mine? Well ill answer that when I see some answers rolling :p

Years
  • What City/Town was your absolute favorite in Unova?

Humilau City for me. I always love beautiful places near water or on water, and this city fits all that plus its design gives off vibes of Pacifidlog Town in Hoenn. I'm also a fan of the resident Gym Leader, Marlon plus I love the design of his Gym as well. If I were to ever take a holiday anywhere in the Pokemon world this would be where I'd want to spend it in a heartbeat.

Years

Nimbasa City! It has nice music, and there's so much to do! Musicals, Ferris Wheel, Battle Subway, Big Court, oh my! The only thing I don't like about Nimbasa is Elesa because Volt Switch.

Years
    That is actually basically the question I was going to ask (I was going to say favorite location altogether, but this works too). Anyway, I think mine would be Driftveil City. It has some nifty little buildings present, and there's the market which has some nice items present. Not to mention it hosts Clay, my favorite Gym Leader from the region (i'll talk more about him when I inevitably ask about favorite Gym Leaders). And in Black 2 and White 2, the buildings were redesigned with emeralds, making them look even nicer. It's also where the old Team Plasma makes their stay, and you can get N's Zorua from Rood.

Dedenne1

Years
    That is actually basically the question I was going to ask (I was going to say favorite location altogether, but this works too). Anyway, I think mine would be Driftveil City. It has some nifty little buildings present, and there's the market which has some nice items present. Not to mention it hosts Clay, my favorite Gym Leader from the region (i'll talk more about him when I inevitably ask about favorite Gym Leaders). And in Black 2 and White 2, the buildings were redesigned with emeralds, making them look even nicer. It's also where the old Team Plasma makes their stay, and you can get N's Zorua from Rood.

Lol i had 2 i was gonna ask this then location ex. N's castle because theyre kinda seperate lol
    I guess it was a good topic lol ok so mine where
    -Castelia City i mean its got sewers underground a little clearing in the middle docks going everywhere skyscrapers that have way too many floors it was the first major gigantic city they had in pokemon!

-Nimbasa it had roller coasters a romantic Ferris wheel <3 a great gym plus the runway loved me lol. Plus the pokemon musical and the battle subway which was pretty fun i must say :3

-Humiau City because i love pacifilog town and this one was a little cooler plus i loved the gym it was literrally a city on docks! Plus that underground tube that went into it you had to love!

I think my all time fav would be Nimbasa because it had so many features and i <3 that runway haha

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    What City/Town was your absolute favorite in Unova?

Opelucid City, both versions. Both have great music, interesting buildings and have this vibe of how far you've come on your journey.

I'm also a fan of Mistralton City. Decent music and an interesting take on airports.

Back