• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Fire and Lightning - Generation V Fan Club

Years
  • Username: Spoony6205
    Partner Pokémon: Elgyem
    Reason for joining: Unova rocks! Gen 5 rocks! Team Plasma rocks! N rocks! Join Avenue rocks! So many neat Pokemon!
    Answer the current topic!: Crustle is pretty neat, he's made up of my two fave types! I don't think I've actually tried him in battle yet though, I should definitely rectify that!

Nice to see you in the club! Elgyem is one of my faves of this generation yet the poor guy is horribly underrated, especially with what a very cool design it has. Crustle is very strong as well, especially once you get a Shell Smash going with that thing. I hope you enjoy the topics!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Oh shoot, I almost forgot about this club entirely! :O *bumps in the nick of time*

So any ideas for what we should do next?

Although Pokemon of the Week topics are easy enough for anyone to chime in with, they can get rather stale. I like Xin ZhaoYun's suggestion to bring in the non-Pokemon aspects of Gen 5. There's a way to combine the two - Might I suggest running a tour through Unova? For example, start with Route 1 with discussing/comparing your favorites that are native to this area (Patrat line vs. Lillipup line) and also discuss one key event or feature (The multiple rivals or Shaking spots introduced in 5th gen). Route 2 could be Purrloin line vs. Audino and also discuss one key event (the topic not picked for route 1 or something like medals or something like the BW-BW2 route changes for these). Route 3 can be Pidove line vs Blitzle line and discussing the Pokemon daycare's early access in the BW games vs the daycare's late access in the sequels. Route 4 can be Sandile vs. Darumaka and about Join Avenue or Relic Castle, your choice. Route 5 introduces the champion and in the sequels introduces Hidden Grottos. Whenever we encounter a town, discuss the gym leader. There's plenty of charm that Unova has to offer. I largely forgot the specific game's routes/towns, but running through this generation again in a discussion format would be awesome. :D

Reactions: Nah
    Years
  • Although Pokemon of the Week topics are easy enough for anyone to chime in with, they can get rather stale. I like Xin ZhaoYun's suggestion to bring in the non-Pokemon aspects of Gen 5. There's a way to combine the two - Might I suggest running a tour through Unova? For example, start with Route 1 with discussing/comparing your favorites that are native to this area (Patrat line vs. Lillipup line) and also discuss one key event or feature (The multiple rivals or Shaking spots introduced in 5th gen). Route 2 could be Purrloin line vs. Audino and also discuss one key event (the topic not picked for route 1 or something like medals or something like the BW-BW2 route changes for these). Route 3 can be Pidove line vs Blitzle line and discussing the Pokemon daycare's early access in the BW games vs the daycare's late access in the sequels. Route 4 can be Sandile vs. Darumaka and about Join Avenue or Relic Castle, your choice. Route 5 introduces the champion and in the sequels introduces Hidden Grottos. Whenever we encounter a town, discuss the gym leader. There's plenty of charm that Unova has to offer. I largely forgot the specific game's routes/towns, but running through this generation again in a discussion format would be awesome. :D

I like these ideas! I was thinking of running through the games again so discussing each part in order would be cool! I don't know if everyone would be able but if we all started a new game file and played along together at a reasonable pace and discussed as we went that would be neat! But even if not, people could still join in the discussion from memory. :)

Years
  • You're suggesting that we could talk about certain areas of Unova in progression as like one would while playing through the game? If people are on board with that, then I think that's something I could do.

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
    Years
  • You're suggesting that we could talk about certain areas of Unova in progression as like one would while playing through the game? If people are on board with that, then I think that's something I could do.

I would do that, but the funny thing is I just played Black 2 with a bunch of online friends on ANOTHER forum these past couple weeks together in different parts while collaborating on the other thread, so I don't think I would be doing this. :/.....

Raskolnikov

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
  • Username: kebab defender
    Partner Pokémon: Gigalith
    The Fire and Lightning - Generation V Fan Club

Reason for joining: Because I love generation five (as I love other gens) and Pokemon White is first game I've played on Nintendo DS. It has new features, new storyline and awesome pokémon. Generation V will always live in my heart with its special memories.

What is your favorite Pokémon from Unova?

It is hard to choose. I can say lots of pokémon from Unova I could take with me in real life. Such as Gigalith (it is my first shiny in gen V), Scrafty (cool dark fighter), Unfeazent (Bööörd), Elgyem, Stunfisk (Weird and funny face), Zekrom... The list is long, though...

To answer the question: Scrafty is my favorite pokémon from Unova.

Years
  • ^ Why, welcome to the club, sir! Once again, i've neglected to remember this thing... But hopefully we can get this back on track soon.

Also, happy third US anniversary, Black 2 and White 2! I've thoroughly enjoyed playing the games since the very first time I did and I can be assured I always will. (=

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Wait it was October 7th that Black2/White2 came out here? I don't remember that for some reason....

Years
  • I can't believe it has been three years since the US was introduced to Black 2 & White 2. I'm in Australia so I had to wait a few days later before our region got the games but it was very awesome once I got the chance to play them.

I haven't been touching my copies much since Black 2 corrupted (and somehow can't restart from scratch) while I have an active White 2 save file still forgotten but maybe I might come back to it soon.

Years
  • Oh shoot, grabbed this literally hours before it was about to die...again I think x_x

But yeah, I could go on and on about those games, haha. I really need to do something to get this back in shape.

Years
  • Oh shoot, grabbed this literally hours before it was about to die...again I think x_x

But yeah, I could go on and on about those games, haha. I really need to do something to get this back in shape.

Well now that we're in the Fifth Gen board we can now no longer have to worry about the thread being dead for a month given the revival rules here is one year old.

Anyways, I hope you have a new topic planned soon and we might end up getting more attention in this club now that we're in the appropriate section.

Back