• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon GS Advanced RM2K

How much do you like how this game is looking so far?

• Very Good

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Good

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • So-So

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very Bad

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
Years
  • I am piecing together a new Pokemon RM2K game called Pokemon GS Advanced. As the name implies, it is an advanced version of Pokemon Gold and Silver. Here are screens of what I have so far.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • Hey nice game, so how much have you done so far? Oh and I like your outside chipset could you post it? i'll give you credit if I use it.... :)

rubyrulez

Years
  • Well, it's not my chipset, I got it from the resources thread and will give credit where credit is due. So far I have done up to Violet City and have added the first extra feature, which you will see in my next screens.

rubyrulez

Years
  • Thanks a lot, I will try your game. Mine is not ready for a demo to even be released yet, but for now, I leave you with this last screen, enjoy!

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    The screens look great! But the last screen has too many dark colors.

rubyrulez

Years
  • Daegon_Kimeron said:
    The screens look great! But the last screen has too many dark colors.

That's probably because it's the map taken straight from the RM2K program, only 1/4 the original size.

rubyrulez

Years
  • Pokebuddy said:
    btw, fix up ur maps, their too empty

I'm working on it, I'm using a Pokemon Silver ROM as a guide for what everyone says, so it may take some time to get through that. I'm just posting these maps to show how the game would look, but everyone and everything else will be added in.

rubyrulez

Years
  • awkwardsilencer said:
    yeh change map sizes, and add black around to make the edges. u gotta give it more of the pokemon look.

Aw, come on! I'm trying the best I can...

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • he's not criticising your game he's just giving helpful advice. by adding more black areas around the room it makes it smaller so there is less space needed to be filled making the room look pokemon-esque. also, you should download pokemon lunar and use DM's system set as it looks more authentic.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Meh, hold off on that for a split second... I just totally re-drew the pkmn message system so the boarders ar shaded as they appear in the real games. The first one I was sort of eyeballing with no source image- just a basic idea. If I finish it fully, I'll post it in the resource section later on.

That Hiro sprite is really well done! I wonder who could have drawn that one! (If I do say so myself). But unfortunately, I updated that one too, so it's not the latest. I lightened the colors so it looks more r/s-ey.

And hey, nice job! Looks like you're making progress!

rubyrulez

Years
  • phoenix316 said:
    he's not criticising your game he's just giving helpful advice. by adding more black areas around the room it makes it smaller so there is less space needed to be filled making the room look pokemon-esque. also, you should download pokemon lunar and use DM's system set as it looks more authentic.

I know that, but the Violet club is supposed to be big on the inside with a small look on the outside. I still added black parts to that map, just not visible in the screens.

DarkMage31 said:
    Meh, hold off on that for a split second... I just totally re-drew the pkmn message system so the boarders ar shaded as they appear in the real games. The first one I was sort of eyeballing with no source image- just a basic idea. If I finish it fully, I'll post it in the resource section later on.

That Hiro sprite is really well done! I wonder who could have drawn that one! (If I do say so myself). But unfortunately, I updated that one too, so it's not the latest. I lightened the colors so it looks more r/s-ey.

And hey, nice job! Looks like you're making progress!

Thanks for the kind words, but none of the stuff in this game (charsets,chipsets, etc.) are mine. Like I said, I will give credit where it is due.

rubyrulez

Years
  • :laugh: lol :laugh: , you got me there, I will, of course, give you credit for that sprite and for whatever else I use from you...

rubyrulez

Years
  • There is no estimated finish date as of yet, there is still a long way to go before that happens!, I do expect to put some more screens up soon, though!

rubyrulez

Years
  • So far, did up to Route 32, trying to fix up those fancy tilesets to include the mountains and ledges and stuff, but so far it's going well. Remember, I am building up this game in accordance with the game boy game, so playing through that will take some time. Plus, I will need to add all the Pokemon elements (battles, HM moves, etc.) so it may take a while.

Back