• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon GS Advanced RM2K

How much do you like how this game is looking so far?

• Very Good

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Good

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • So-So

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very Bad

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters

Neo

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2004
    I voted "Good" on the lil poll thingy.... yeah... not bad!

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
    Years
  • DarkMage31 said:
    BTW, I just noticed those screens are grainy. Is it supposed to be like that?

That grainyness (don't know if that's an actual word :laugh: )is caused by the file being saved first as a bmp and then as a gif file, I apologize about that. By the way, I started up my project page @
    I hope you like it, but the setup may not work without a 51MB .lzh file. Is there any site where I can host that file?

PatriotFan89

Biggest NE Patriot Fan!!!
    Years
  • Sadly, the setup doesn't work without the file. I don't know of any place you could host it unless the file size is lower... Did you put it into .zip format? and if you did already or the file size is still high, try to compress it more by putting it into .rar format, then into .zip format.

rubyrulez

Years
  • PatsRule1223 said:
    Sadly, the setup doesn't work without the file. I don't know of any place you could host it unless the file size is lower... Did you put it into .zip format? and if you did already or the file size is still high, try to compress it more by putting it into .rar format, then into .zip format.

Tried doing all of that, but it was still very high! There should be some other way... :(

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • try removing as much music as you aren't using as well as anything else you've imported but haven't used and that will reduce the file size.

rubyrulez

Years
  • phoenix316 said:
    try removing as much music as you aren't using as well as anything else you've imported but haven't used and that will reduce the file size.

Thanks for that advice, I found that it worked, but I will do it later, now for some of the changes in the game...

-Route 35 seems smaller, but it may not be.

-Route 36 has been redesigned

-Route 37 IS smaller.

-Ecruteak City has been expanded.

Hopefully, no more changes like that will be made as I try to size everything perfectly. If I have to, I may resort to using one map for each area! :P

rubyrulez

Years
  • DarkMage31 said:
    Sounds good! Why did you make those changes?

It wasn't on purpose, I tried to perfectly size it, but that is impossible unless I make a seperate map for each route, town and city.

rubyrulez

Years
  • I think those single maps may work out, so from now on I will do that. Thank you.

P.S. if that doesn't work out, I will continue with multiple areas in one map.

rubyrulez

Years
  • Trust me, it is...

Anyway, I should be updating with more screens soon of Secret Island 1. The Secret Islands are like the Rainbow Islands from FR/LG, but there will be more of them for an even bigger game, with added gameplay. And, after beating Red at the end, there will be a champions island with its own club and battle center. Anyways, watch for my next post!

rubyrulez

Years
  • I know, I will use Clickteam's Install Maker as was reccomended, but first I will delete all RTP I don't need. I tried it before, but it screwed up my game a whole lot.

Back