• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm 10 posts away from 28,000!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
  • >Joined in 2007
    >Has less than 1,700 posts

Hahaha, no. My post count has already been a lost cause for years, so I just post at my own pace in threads that interest me. =P (Is it weird that I have over 100 posts in the Yu-Gi-Oh Club thread?)

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I normally don't, but I used to when I was younger. I was under the illusion that the more posts you had, the better member you are. Thankfully I realized that was a bunch of bull. At the moment, though, I will admit I'm intentionally trying to boost my post cost, solely because I'm the first person on the second page of the top posters on PC, and if I surpass the next, I'll be on the first page =P

Yukari

Not really that much. Now, I'm not above getting exited when I make another thousand or so posts, or for reaching milestones. But it really doesn't mean a lot to me.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I noticed that less annoying people messaged me out of the blue when I have a higher post count. Pretty sure it's just a coincidence but it matters to me just for that.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I like to take note of what number of posts I have at the beginning and end of each month, just to make sure that I'm staying active. Besides, collecting numbers for data purposes is an interest of mine, so I can't help but take some note of post count.

Years
  • With nearly 27 posts per day, it's impossible to convince anyone that I don't care about post count. But I do make an effort to contribute whenever I can, because posting just to post doesn't feel right to me.

Says the dude who at least 2/3 his posts are in Forum Games, an area that used to not count post count at all. :P

Anyway, before I wasn't too occupied with making post count high, but ever since at least late last year, I have gone on posting sprees in quite a few areas. At the very beginning of the year I would make well over fifteen posts a day most of the time, but nowadays things have slowed down for me and at most I try to make at least ten and get in the double digits. I just would like my average posts per day to look a little higher...

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I used to care, but once I surpassed 1,000 posts, I stopped caring so much. I still get excited whenever I reach a milestone, however, and I try my best to make every 1,000th post in FF&W. It's the little things that count, haha.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Well, post count sort of explains how active you are on PC and how much contribute to the community. A person with a high post count is more likely to be more active/known that a user with a low post count.

Although forum games is sort of counter-productive, spam the count to infinity thread and boom free posts XD

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Even though I'm not too obsessed with post count milestones anymore, I do care about post counts a bit, because post count increase means that I'm active in here at some point, even though lately I like to post only when I feel like it.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I don't care at all. I turn off post count in the postbit; I don't even know how many posts I have. I'm not some postcount whore. I just post in places that I like to post in. I don't post just for the sake of increasing a number that means nothing.

Years
  • I don't care about the number of posts that I have, but anytime I see that I'm closing in on a multiple of 100 or 1000, I do make an extra effort to post around a bit to hit that number. Other than that though, I think the only milestone that I really cared about was my 999th post (not even my 1000th).

Years
  • I am obsessed with post counts back in January or something. That's when I started to go to Forum Games to increase my post count. Then, I just realized wtf am I doing? lol.
    Then, I never posted in the forum again. (I visit there often, though)

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
    Years
  • Compared to some people here, I have a relatively low post count, haha. Usually in web forums a higher post count means you're more of a veteran on said community and are generally more respected.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Friends and I competed within another smaller forum. Then an admin took away post count in Forum Games and we gave up altogether. I honestly don't care about postcount now, as long as I stay active and appear here once in a while I'm good.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Sometimes I look at my post count together with my join date and am like ".....I think I spend a little too much time here". I used to have the highest posting rate amongst staff, but not anymore.

oh well

btw Syd, what post became your 28,000th?

Years
  • I'm not too obsessed with my postcount, but I still love screencapping the moments where I reach a milestone. It's always nice to keep a memory of my journey on PC bit by bit.

Also isn't it funny I exactly hit 19,000 posts with this post

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I get satisfaction from watching the number go in kind of the same way I enjoy watching the number in my bank account grow. It's shallow but it marks achievement :P

Back