• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    Preoccupying my time so I wont spend it drinking....I was just kidding though

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
  • Well, I didn't know it was over 50%, and that's good. If that's counting maps, I say ^_^. I want this game to beat another called Zigz Online (google it). Yes, that game's 3D, but the producer is already starting to make a new game, and I erode everyone's patience with Chuck Norris-isms.

World of Pokemon is obviously ripped from World of Warcraft. The boat idea is good, and factories sound good, but what if there's too many factories, and you have to move out to routes? Also, the only problem with factories other than space is if 10 people get Pokeball factories. Then I thought names up. They're based off my mind.

Furniture: Kindel Corp.
    Colors & dyes: Coldon Industries
    Textiles: Veldan Co.
    Manufacturing: Nedom Corp.
    Shipwrights: Sena Co.
    Chemicals:erm....
    Juices and Organic Remedies:Orbane industries

The names make no sense, but work.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • well, i don't see why the game has to be so industrial anyway... you're even including in factories and manufacturer precedent? O___O basic jobs like merchants would make the game seem universal enough, but it just seems overly complicated when you have to consider things like fundraising and complete entrepenuership when, literally, all the resources come straight from the game. it's like Apple... taking a step way beyond the boundaries, but ending up way behind.

well, i guess what i'm trying to say is that with a game concept like pokemon, you can only go so far with realism. i've never played a MMORPG, so i really don't know what to expect, but just looking at the popularity of NetBattle, i can tell the game will do just fine in the basics of what most expect out of a pokemon game: battling. there are enough a**holes in the world who brag about how many boats they have...

Pkmn_knight

A Knight Of Pokemon
    Years
  • do you want to know something i hate from mmorpgs thats is slang.
    The people who call newbs noobs.
    newb = newbie it is a new person to the game who asks questions
    noob=thinks having 1 legendary thing makes them the best. asks stupid things and annoying otheres brags . also can be a person of any level in this case with any level pokemon.

plus who here you will play this game will use rare candys cos i wont (i will sell themm to noobs)

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • what do you mean by vip's are that your friends or something or can some people who post here test it

They are people who i say will be testing it that aren't on the Dev team

Well, I didn't know it was over 50%, and that's good. If that's counting maps, I say ^_^. I want this game to beat another called Zigz Online (google it). Yes, that game's 3D, but the producer is already starting to make a new game, and I erode everyone's patience with Chuck Norris-isms.

World of Pokemon is obviously ripped from World of Warcraft. The boat idea is good, and factories sound good, but what if there's too many factories, and you have to move out to routes? Also, the only problem with factories other than space is if 10 people get Pokeball factories. Then I thought names up. They're based off my mind.

Furniture: Kindel Corp.
    Colors & dyes: Coldon Industries
    Textiles: Veldan Co.
    Manufacturing: Nedom Corp.
    Shipwrights: Sena Co.
    Chemicals:erm....
    Juices and Organic Remedies:Orbane industries

The names make no sense, but work.

No i didn't want names of companies its really hard to explain
    what would you call that type of industry in game
    Like textiles thats the industry which makes cloth

well, i don't see why the game has to be so industrial anyway... you're even including in factories and manufacturer precedent? O___O basic jobs like merchants would make the game seem universal enough, but it just seems overly complicated when you have to consider things like fundraising and complete entrepenuership when, literally, all the resources come straight from the game. it's like Apple... taking a step way beyond the boundaries, but ending up way behind.

well, i guess what i'm trying to say is that with a game concept like pokemon, you can only go so far with realism. i've never played a MMORPG, so i really don't know what to expect, but just looking at the popularity of NetBattle, i can tell the game will do just fine in the basics of what most expect out of a pokemon game: battling. there are enough a**holes in the world who brag about how many boats they have...

The resources don't come from the game. The basic things like berry the need to be grown on farms then someone who makes things using berry's would buy the berry's then someone who makes things using what the person made with the berry's then ships it to other places which cant make those items cheaply

Its not so industrial it just has an entire economy
    it lets people follow the path they want
    without loosing that Pokemon feel
    trust me it'll be fine

plus who here you will play this game will use rare candys cos i wont (i will sell themm to noobs)

Good luck finding them

ShadowElliot

Wooper
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    Blacksprite, how about adding a random item machine.
    Like how much pokecash u put in there and u get something.

EX: Like 2000 pokecash and then a ember tm pops out.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • Blacksprite, how about adding a random item machine.
    Like how much pokecash u put in there and u get something.

EX: Like 2000 pokecash and then a ember tm pops out.
    An interesting thought
    but we have to be careful how much things we put into the games item economy
    (how many items are in circulation)

Really we wont control how much items are worth or what the value of 1 poke dollar is it will vary based on the economy

Years
  • It sounds like there is going to be a basic economy in the game. This will make the game even better then it is all ready is.

Edit: My 400th Post!

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    wow from the posts i just read it sounds like this game is coming along realy well keep up the greate work guys

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
  • wow from the posts i just read it sounds like this game is coming along realy well keep up the greate work guys

Yup, it is going really good, although we only have 10 hours 36 minutes before school starts for the year... I'm just trying to figure out how to get my brain started before then... i think I failed last year after my disasterous NCEA results... lol but then I dont think my brains worked right since kindergarten... :\

I dont know why i just said that... lol

Originally Posted by Pkmn_knight

Good luck finding them
    thats why they call them rare candys... lol

It sounds like there is going to be a basic economy in the game. This will make the game even better then it is all ready is.

well thats what you get after 2 years in Enterprise studies and a year with a very passionate woman teaching you about economics... and insulting you constantly for 10 mins if you get the answer wrong... we thought everything should come from somewhere and that things should cost more the further away from their source they are... so the business people playing this game will thrive with this... so that sparks the question of will some "older" people enjoy this game too because of a more "real world" feel..? I guess we will just have to wait and see...

Last edited:

Pkmn_knight

A Knight Of Pokemon
    Years
  • btw im going to find everything quick cos i played pokemon red blue, yellow ,fire red and leaf green inside out. Im a strong pokefan and i got on the internet all the day when not at school (i spend about a 12 hours a day on the weekend on computer) so i should find how to get them evenutrully( i cant spell)
    also in your rules can we ban calling people noobs... and make something beter up for newbs and noobs

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • btw im going to find everything quick cos i played pokemon red blue, yellow ,fire red and leaf green inside out. Im a strong pokefan and i got on the internet all the day when not at school (i spend about a 12 hours a day on the weekend on computer) so i should find how to get them evenutrully( i cant spell)
    also in your rules can we ban calling people noobs... and make something beter up for newbs and noobs

Newbie is nicer than newb
    But beginning Trainer sounds better
    we dont tolerate people being rude to other players
    And newb and noob are derogatory terms

well not so much newb
    but people can take things the wrong way
    and all chats are logged

Sh4dow

Becoming undone..
    Years
  • Reply to post two pages back

Well, obviously you haven't put much thought into that. What if we have siblings who want to handle their own account - and what of those with dynamic IP addresses.

And as to this quote
    - (?) Being in teams just to get free exp will get you kicked out. (?)

That is an in-game behavior and shouldn't be monitored - why? People have their ways of gaining experience, and if the leader of the party does not mind you leeching - so be it. So many games have this rule implied and IMHO it just made it stupid. Those games are probably now dead and inactive.

- Being AFK for more than 20 minutes will get you kicked out.
    I agree, if too many are AFK it may slow the server down and even block other users from logging in
    - Using auto-programs or hacks will get you banned.
    I don't see reason to ban the user from using the program - read above regarding other users - maybe just like other popular MMORPG's ban the account
    - Spamming will either make you kicked out or make you silenced for 5+ minutes.
    I believe the terminology is mute
    - Using Packet Editors will make you IP banned forever.
    Read hacks/auto-programs
    - Trying to impersonate as a GM or Mod will get you banned or kicked out.
    No comment
    - Using hacks to steal Trainers items or Pokemon will get you banned.
    Read above regarding hacks
    - Saying many means things to a person will make you silenced.
    Muted and warned maybe
    - Using 2 or more accounts at the same time will get you kicked out/banned.
    If this rule is enforced you will surely lose thousands of players
    - Blocking people or places will get you kicked out.
    Players should be stackable, meaning you can move over other players

Last edited:

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • Hi sh4dow alot of your questions were answered after the post you mention

Reply to post two pages back

Well, obviously you haven't put much thought into that.
    Excuse me if i dont put enough thought in your welcome to help make the game it would give me more time to think about things
    What if we have siblings who want to handle their own account - and what of those with dynamic IP addresses.

Dynamic IP Doesn't matter
    Most if not every mmo doesn't not use ip's to sustain the connection
    You can have 3 characters per account

That is an in-game behavior and shouldn't be monitored - why? People have their ways of gaining experience, and if the leader of the party does not mind you leeching - so be it. So many games have this rule implied and IMHO it just made it stupid. Those games are probably now dead and inactive.[/QUOTE]

This was not a rule developed by the PTOA team
    we did not say this is a rule
    in game behavior is monitored
    how you raise your Pokemon's experience is up to you and we don't care about that

- Being AFK for more than 20 minutes will get you kicked out.
    I agree, if too many are AFK it may slow the server down and even block other users from logging in
    this is already implimented as i have said many times over in fact in the few posts after this

- Using auto-programs or hacks will get you banned.
    I don't see reason to ban the user from using the program - read above regarding other users - maybe just like other popular MMORPG's ban the account
    I do
    We don't have to be like any other mmo
    Plus its easy to create another account
    if you break the rules of the game you will not be aloud to play
    we have other things to consider other than your ability to play because your siblings broke the rules

- Spamming will either make you kicked out or make you silenced for 5+ minutes.
    I believe the terminology is mute
    We knew what he ment

- Saying many means things to a person will make you silenced.
    Muted and warned maybe
    The rules are not decided by democracy
    we're not asking for opinions about our rules
    We thank all those who have suggested rules
    These rules here were suggested by a player
    The rules have not been released to the public

- Using 2 or more accounts at the same time will get you kicked out/banned.
    If this rule is enforced you will surely lose thousands of players
    so be it
    the simple matter of the fact is you cannot have 2 client open at the same time

- Blocking people or places will get you kicked out.
    Players should be stackable, meaning you can move over other players
    thanks for the suggestion but were not doing this
    it makes the game looks shotty and unprofessional

Years
  • Like I said before, try Tibia!! It has lots of good ideas and ways to ensure a good quality mmorpg. Its been around since 1996, so its doing something right. And, about the two clients, when you open one, it wont let you open another because one is already open.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • Like I said before, try Tibia!! It has lots of good ideas and ways to ensure a good quality mmorpg. Its been around since 1996, so its doing something right. And, about the two clients, when you open one, it wont let you open another because one is already open.

Thats correct
    otherwise you may get confusing data

Did the battle alpha ever get released?

only to the Programming Dev team
    Its was really just to see how the battle system runs
    and if things need to be changed to get the order of turns etc right
    the basics work well
    but it needs some tinkering
    which is what im doing now

ShadowElliot

Wooper
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    There should be destructive events like when:

-Team Rocket is robbing the Bank!
    Stop Team Rocket in 10 minutes or they will steal half of your saved money!

-*Earthquake*
    Pokemon are on the loose in the town!
    Stop all of them in 20 minutes or the town will be destroyed and closed for an hour.

-*Fire*
    There's buildings on Fire!
    Trainers with Water Pokemon get inside the buildings and defeat all the fire pokemon inside causing the trouble!

-Kecleon
    There are Kecleon on the loose!
    Find them and try to catch them!
    By The Way, they're invisible.

How about it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back