• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    well that's the thing, you'd have to be noted as a professional trader... i guess.

the thing about the trading centers idea is that you'd have to get someone to trade with you nonetheless and if a person *actually* wanted to steal your pokemon, they probably wouldn't agree to trade back. get what i mean? it's basically useless to do it that way. with professionals, however, they are credited to doing that specific thing and can provide necessary items for certain evolutions to be successful. if one ever does steal a trainer's pokemon through trade, then it makes it easier for the staff to punish them since there will be a limited amount of them.

you have to consider that as one, they'll have to get all their items and a stand as well. i'm thinking one per town would be dandy. there can be one moderator who regulates economic affairs who would appoint these 'professional traders'. not only does it make regulation easier, but it makes it better for the economy. more economic opportunities = more realistic economy.

Sephiroth-Kun

Sephiroth Rules The Planet!
    Years
    I have a simple solution...Find someone who has the same pokemon as you and needs it to be evolved, the you both trade and trade them back

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    I have a simple solution...Find someone who has the same pokemon as you and needs it to be evolved, the you both trade and trade them back

yeah but you'd still have to find somebody, and not everybody has that much time to find someone who is trying to do the same thing as you. it takes more resources to search for people who are trying to do the same thing as you than it does for people to just go to the same place and get it done in a matter of minutes. heck... seconds.

Years
    Hmm? Perhaps an option that allows you to let others view your pokemon, and if they wish to trade, they can PM you or something, and you sort it out from there. And, about the trading system, why not make it like the Union room? To trade, you post on the wall saying what preferred type you want, and then you get a notice saying someone wants to trade you. Whether you accept or not is entirely up to you. Because, personally, I think the Union room was introduced a little too late for the gba series, as no one uses it, because of the Nintendo DS WiFi feature. Which, is why I suggest it makes an appearance in an online game.

Just my two cents :P

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
    concerning pokemon trading for evolving: this will definitely be something that people will struggle with and really, will be annoyance for the staff considering many will complain about some person having stole their pokemon against their trading terms.

a solution: professional traders lol. trainers can pay certain professionals for a small (or big, w/e :D) fee to trade their pokemon to evolve. if a person needs a certain item to evolve their pokemon (seadra + dragon scale = kingra), professional traders will have those items in their stock of trading supplies and will charge people not only for the items, but for the service. XD i know this seems a little over the top, but i think it's an awesome solution to what will be a heavily occuring problem.

Great Idea, but how to do it....
    Also it is the TRAINERs problem if their pokemon has been stolen and they havent taken the appropriate steps to prevent it (listed in my above post)

If you trade a lv 67 Kadabra for a lv 67 Machoke and as they have 5 Machamps, they dont need another (you dont know this), they dont trade back your alakazam, you can report it, but if we see that it was a kadabra for a weedle, then we cant help you, thats how it works, i'm afraid.

^^^what if the professional trader just jacks both of them lol

How about a trade station in the pokemon centers. I mean you go in with whoever youre trading with, it ask you a simple question "tradeback or no tradeback" neither of the people can leave the room until the conditions of the trade are met.

That would be hard to do as there are ways around it, the old trick of trading one way and (as the server saves straight after trading) unplug your modem "Oh no! i lost my connection to PTOA, now i wont get my lv 2 weedle back oh well, I guess the lv 67 Alakazam will cover my loss...

yeah but you'd still have to find somebody, and not everybody has that much time to find someone who is trying to do the same thing as you. it takes more resources to search for people who are trying to do the same thing as you than it does for people to just go to the same place and get it done in a matter of minutes. heck... seconds.

In our union room (a room which takes up the place where the cable club was) links all the pokemon centers to one room. There is a notice board where you can advertise that you want to trade your kadabra back.

Hmm? Perhaps an option that allows you to let others view your pokemon, and if they wish to trade, they can PM you or something, and you sort it out from there. And, about the trading system, why not make it like the Union room? To trade, you post on the wall saying what preferred type you want, and then you get a notice saying someone wants to trade you. Whether you accept or not is entirely up to you. Because, personally, I think the Union room was introduced a little too late for the gba series, as no one uses it, because of the Nintendo DS WiFi feature. Which, is why I suggest it makes an appearance in an online game.

Just my two cents :P

We've already planned a region-wide union room which you can access from the Pokemon Center and the rest is pretty much our ideas on the Union Room that we have come up with...

Also, just wondering, in regard to the swear filter, do you think that it should change S* to poo or poop and BS* to Tauros poop? or just a general word like in habbo hotel

* refers to the swear word's first letter of each word (incase you didnt realise)

Last edited:

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    Hello all im back from my vacation
    geo is still over seas we caught up in the first week of my holiday but he was heading north
    up to the sunshine coast

any way the important ones back :D

im returning to coding
    so i hope to have an update shortly
    the bit im working on now is easy work but slow and prone to bugs

its an integrated bit of the battle system so im having to make sure it doesn't conflict with any other integrated systems

Ta for now

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    So when's the projected release date?

When its done
    if i had a full team with many programmers and artist the whol;e works like officail games it could have been done in a year maybey more
    but with just me programming its getting there
    the battle system is just so huge
    i never realized how huge it is
    and i have to make it pvp so that adds o the coding work

all thats left thank god in the battles system
    is assigning move animations (i have the animations but the need to be put in and look all pretty and professional
    and the pokemon pictures which i also have but they need to be put in as well

then I'll be happy because the work on the battle system is getting boring

then I'll start the wild Pokemon battle system

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    So you'll be able to travel around a region, battle gym leaders, as well as other trainers inter/nationally?

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    You should use the pokemon sprites on pokesho.com just to give it a fresh look, the whole site is in japanese, you have to click the little bulbasaur icon to access the pokemon images

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    Sorry about that iternets been kinda unreliable on mine and whites comp
    his is being fixed today mine will take longer but it seems alright now

well testing of the battle system has begun (this is not a battle test)
    this is more to figure out if every things happening and were the bugs halting the system are so far its slow work

but were a lot closer now that earlier im proud of the fact it closely resembles and works like in the GBA games

i just need to add in nice pretty gfx for the move animations all 400+ of them

Blacksp~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back