• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When we're all 102 year olds, PC will still be here.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
  • Even if pokemon dies out (ie stops making games etc), I'm sure we'll always be finding something to talk about and do together. We'd probably run through all the old games and chat about them with nostalgia. Even without pokemon as our online raison d'être, there are so many topics and projects that aren't pokemon-related that have united members. I mean, I'm pretty sure everyone has another interest aside from Pokemon. Moreover, I bet many people aren't into pokemon as much, but stay because they love the place like a second home.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Isn't there a fee for the server or whatever? Idk computer lingo. So I would assume when whoever pays stops paying

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I feel PC is having a midlife crisis as of now.

Why do you say that?

I think PC will last at least 10 years after pokemon stops. Rom Hacking would definitely see a giant boost in activity as people try to create new games and keep pokemon alive, then as it starts to die down we'll just rebrand into whatever is popular at the time. (Digimon yo)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I can't really imagine any world that wouldn't have PC in it.

I mean, I don't visit much anymore, but I can recognize that a lot of the people here, especially on staff, have the same enthusiasm for the site that I once had and back in the day, I would have done just about anything to keep it going. There were several times where I and others would discuss failsafes to make sure the forums could keep going in case something happened or if Steve didn't want to run them anymore. And I believe that would still be the case with this "next generation" of PC enthusiasts. (I put next gen in quotes because honestly, several of the people I think of when I say that are still going strong on staff today, haha.)

So yeah, even if Pokemon isn't popular anymore, even if this place's primary income source disappears... I think there would be enough people determined enough to keep it going that it'll stick around pretty indefinitely. It might not be active in the slightest, but I think there will always be someone with the means and will to keep it around in some way. It'll probably still be years and years before it's considered an inactive forum but even once it's run its course I think people will want to keep it around for the nostalgia and to pop in from time to time to say hi and keep tabs on the other members.

Back