• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When we're all 102 year olds, PC will still be here.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Imagine what PC will be like in the next:

5 years
    10 years
    20 years
    50 years.

BE HONEST. How long do you think PC will continue to exist? 50 years? 100?

I'll say 35 or until virtual reality internet exists where we can all meet our digital avatars. PC isn't going anywhere, and I know it~.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Really depends on the members and if we all desire to stay. Oftentimes something doesn't need to be killed, but simply forgotten.

I'd like to think PC has a good many years left in it! The more we evolve and expand and offer things, the better we'll be.

pkmin3033

As long as Pokemon is going strong, I'd guess? I've noticed that forums based on a particular subject tend to die out once that subject stops producing new material, or falls drastically out of fashion. Of course, Pokemon did that publicly after the second generation (at least around here it did; by the time the GBA came out Pokemon was long past being "cool" in my school) but it's been pretty damn popular since its foundation.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • 10 years after the end of the Pokémon franchise. When THAT will be? Who knows.

or maybe 10 years after that, PC will just become a huge treehouse heh

Years
  • I think we have a good 25 years left. Right now PC seems to be in it's prime, but I predict a decline in activity in a couple years.

Sirfetch’d

I think we have a good 25 years left. Right now PC seems to be in it's prime, but I predict a decline in activity in a couple years.

Why do you feel activity will decline? Pokemon is arguably at it's strongest and people are continually joining PC and being active. If anything I think PC will be at it's strongest in the years to come. Just a guess though

Years
  • Why do you feel activity will decline? Pokemon is arguably at it's strongest and people are continually joining PC and being active. If anything I think PC will be at it's strongest in the years to come. Just a guess though

Everything declines in popularity or in general after something fresh and better comes into place. I think there will one day be a forum or multiple forums that are far more active than this one, leaving PC in the dust. And everyone here will move on to other things, as I'm pretty sure no one will be here when they're senior citizens. Although the thought of a 70 year-old person still being on PC makes me laugh.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I get the feeling Rukario will keep this place alive until he kicks the bucket. O_O He's just that kind of person. I don't think it'd matter how old he got. He'll keep PC alive as long as he is able to do so.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Hopefully old enough to introduce my future children to Pokemon as well as this community. They'll be like "so THIS is where my momma wasted most of her time in?"

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • PC will stay till pokemon dies off. That'll be like 30 years imo.

Everything declines in popularity or in general after something fresh and better comes into place. I think there will one day be a forum or multiple forums that are far more active than this one, leaving PC in the dust. And everyone here will move on to other things, as I'm pretty sure no one will be here when they're senior citizens. Although the thought of a 70 year-old person still being on PC makes me laugh.

I've seen a 45 year old once ya know.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • TBH PC will last as long as Pokemon/ROM hacking does. It's basically what's keeping this place afloat, but I like to believe this place has got many more years in it :D

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • PC has a few more years left, at least. Hopefully we'll be able to keep it going for many, many years. It depends on our interest in it, though. It lives and dies with us!

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Eek I was actually thinking about this a few days ago, and I agree with Dakota/Honest. Around 10 or so years after the Pokemon franchise ends.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • nah, I feel like PC will just rebrand itself slowly over time if Pokemon as a franchise ends. It won't in the near future, but just like a Naruto board I frequently visit, it'll likely consider just steadily shifting its focus to either a) a new focal point or b) general discussion globally. The community, as long as there are those that want to run it and also continue discussing and speaking to friends here, will remain indefinitely.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I feel like that when pokemon loses it's popularity, the site will shift to geek culture in general, and the treehouse will become huge.
    I'd say the site has a good 10 years left atleast. The internet is very accessible right now, and pokemon is very populare, so I think this place will be alright!

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • I estimate it would be up forever cause new members would keep coming, new themed and events would keep running and the endless fun would never be stopped

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I think while PC may not survive us, those of us who made friendships and memories will remember where it came from, and will stay together far longer than any community would anyway.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Assuming that support and interest in the forum stays constant, the forum will grow as long as the Pokemon franchise keeps growing too. And that franchise has so many branches that it could live on for a long time.

And even after Pokemon ends, it has such an incredible, widespread cultural impact that there will always be new fans that may come across this forum. And this forum has become so much more than a Pokemon-discussion hub that it will stay vibrant even after Pokemon stagnates. Which will encourage more new members to keep coming back and continue the cycle.

I'm sure there will still be active members 20-30 years from now. Hard to say beyond that.

Back