• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 27, 2022
Sorry Zel! I didn't mean to uncover so many glitches, i thought i was helping! Anyway Good luck and Sorry PC for delaying the new betas!

EDIT: To Stop this madness my only solution is to take out double battles until you are positive that Trainers have TWO pokemon at least. or, you could take them out of the game completly.

EDIT2: Words of encouragement
everyone who has made a great game has had loads of glitches. this is an especially large project because you are vurtually starting from scratch.but think of the bright side. you are almost done with johto and that is the hardest part! with kanto you can just copy the maps and change the events. trust me, everyone on the emulation forum is avidly waiting for the completion of this game. i just found those glitches because i was TRYING to find them so it could be a better game.

Gr8 game Zel

Last edited:

kkkk

Shiny Gold Fan
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2012
By the way, it's a beta. It MUST have a few bugs. Some of them can be fixed, some not. Anyway it's the best hack ever and the gitches doesn't metter too much, at least to me.

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
ARRGGHHH, Too much posts.

I've read them about the bug reports. But it dosen't bother me. I've just like to enjoy playing the game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2012
wow, anything I can say is absolutely awesome! my god I really really want to help you if I know how to hack, because when I see the project and downloaded and played XD man I like it too much, of course its not perfect but its a beta, but for a beta mein goth!!!! I think I can see it in street markets(ilegal places to sell) and make much people curious =P well its just amazing!!! please never think in stop it for sake of all people like me are soo much ancious to get the hands in the full game ^^ well well, I will wait for next beta!!! let me ask something, how about the female player? you pretend remake it too right? we will see it in next beta? again your job is great!!! keep the good work ;)

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Wow!!!!!!! This is really amazing!!!!!! This is one if not the best hack ever! Gold was my favorite game and my re-creations, as well as others were not half as good as this! You defentely have outdone yourself! I applaud your skills and hope (please!!!!!!!!!!) that you continue and eventually (again PLEASE!!!!!!!!!) finish!

Ps. This is the first time i'm going to put a hack support bar in my sig! (It's that good)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
What's up, people? Got about 10 free minutes after dinner, so I take this chance to speak again!

Luckily things calmed down (on both sides, mine included). But, for now, just to be safe, avoid posting any new glitches. I need to get some time to fix the already posted ones (Well, the ones that happened to me also, you saw a video where a supposed glitch didn't happen, so I dont know what to do with that). Once that's done, you may start posting again.

It's just that I didn't want my thread to just get full of glitches posts. It got pretty wild. So I need to find an alternate way.

In the meantime, I'm kinda busy, so I guess I should get some time to fix the first bugs by this weekend (not a sure thing).

Now, let's see what can I comment about your posts...

to martijn: Yes, there are, as far as I can see, a lot of behaviour and some other kind of problems inside of Illex, but I think I saw the problem you mentioned after I made the patch, and fixed it. But I'll check it out.

to flipboi: You know already I dont know why that happens to you, and not to me. By the way, I was referring to having to wait a lot of time till the video was up. And... Didn't catch your "200$" sentence. I guess it's not important, anyway.

to Ryo: about the trainers in the Gym, I knew about and I think I'll leave them as that. That way you could battle them, in case you forgot.
I thought the exit arrows happened only in Dark Cave (I'm aware of that, that happened even in Beta1). I used the wrong tile when I mapped it, then tried to fix it, but seems I missed some tiles. But I didn't know there were other places. Care to show me screens?
And, lastly, Sudowoodo. Yes, that's the only way I found to make Sudo dissappear (it happens the same with Lapras' battle).
Those are all the new trainers so far, there's a new one for next Beta, and I think a few more will come too. (Mainly for Kanto)

to itsaplanet: It's a good idea, but that way I'd need a lot of sprites. A thing I dont have in abundance. I think the panels wont be in the game. I never liked them, anyway. Just a lose of minutes, and to implement them here is gonna be a pain, if not impossible... I hope you understand.

to ptudia: I can make sure the player has two. But not about their natures. I know I used something involving an egg in the grooming script. Not sure if that could help me in some way. A thing is sure, the script for every double battle is gonna get complicated. I dont remember if there were double battles in FR, anyway. If there were, I could go to check out their script.

to the rest of you, guys, thanks, I mean it. I'm not too concentrated on finding bugs 'cause it's hard for me to just forget about enjoying playing a game product of a hard work. So when I saw so much bug posts it was like the sky falling in the middle of my head... But I guess that's done. Let's look forward. Gotta fix bugs & more bugs!

See ya all! (cant precise when, so stay alert!)

Brittany

Back?
Years
The beta was very nice IMO. This is a very extensive remake of Gold.

As for glitches, they were expected. With so much progress made, it's hard to keep up on the little things. A decent run-through could work pretty flawlessly, but we keep poking at the small things, so it must be hard to take it all in at once.

If you don't mind, I could PM you a glitch screenshot list ordered chronologically to simplify things. You're taking alot of this work upon yourself, and to consider the fact that you don't have any beta testers, your progress glitch-wise is excellent. The only reason this thread got bloated is because we're all your testers, and because we all care about this hack, we're eager to report our findings to our boss, kinda :P

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
I know we aren't supposed to post new glitches (:P) but I didn't see this one yet, and it isn't that serious but... The route to Olivine City doesn't allow you to ride a bike, but when you enter the route from Olivine and if you allready was on a bike when you left Olivine, you are able to stay on it.

And a suggestion: I don't know if it's possible, but can the Pokeballs that contain the starters be switched to a Premier Ball? I mean when you enter a battle and calling your starter out, it shows a Premier Ball instead of a Pokeball. It's pure symbolic, because your starter is the first Pokemon you get and 'premier' means first as well.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
The message I didn't want to post...

I never wanted to post this, but I guess it's time to stop lying to myself...

During the last weeks, I had much fun at rom hacking, however, during that time, my studies and my qualifications started to drop drastically. It became an habit that, whenever something didn't work for me, I just left it and dedicate to hack a bit more. Of course, the fun I had at hacking quickly became frustration at my most important thing.

And so, seeing as I dont want to feel frustrated anymore. I'd like to ask to close this thread. I didn't want to do it, really. After all, it seemed like I found a place where I was respected. I know a lot of people will hate me, I don't blame them. But I cant handle it, I just can't...

I hope someone could take the work I was doing and continue it. If not, it's all right.

Don't know what else to say... I feel a bit guilty... For breaking everyone's trust... I'm not a bad person, really... At least, I'd like to be remembered as one...

I gotta re-start where things went wrong. So I need to forget...

This is zel. This was zel.
Turning off...

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO ONE CAN CONTINUE IT!!! NO ONE IS A GREAT SCRIPTER AS YOU!!! IF I WAS A GOOD SCRIPTER I WOULD TRY BUT IM NOT!!! DONT GO!!!!!!

...o well, you have a life, and you gotta do life first, i understand that

well, great job zel! i think your hack is the farthest gold remake ever! and thats why its uber! it wa almost done, prob 75%? idk

but anyways, thanks zel, for this great hack!

this hack and you will be missed in the hacking community

SHINY GOLD FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: O man, you know whats stragne, i was thinkin of makin a video fo the vid as liek a tribute a whil ago, b4 your post

now that your discontinuing the hack, it would be a perfect time to do it.

the video will be honored to shineygold, and zel!!

SHINEYGOLD FOREVER!

Last edited:

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
Years
I never wanted to post this, but I guess it's time to stop lying to myself...

During the last weeks, I had much fun at rom hacking, however, during that time, my studies and my qualifications started to drop drastically. It became an habit that, whenever something didn't work for me, I just left it and dedicate to hack a bit more. Of course, the fun I had at hacking quickly became frustration at my most important thing.

And so, seeing as I dont want to feel frustrated anymore. I'd like to ask to close this thread. I didn't want to do it, really. After all, it seemed like I found a place where I was respected. I know a lot of people will hate me, I don't blame them. But I cant handle it, I just can't...

I hope someone could take the work I was doing and continue it. If not, it's all right.

Don't know what else to say... I feel a bit guilty... For breaking everyone's trust... I'm not a bad person, really... At least, I'd like to be remembered as one...

I gotta re-start where things went wrong. So I need to forget...

This is zel. This was zel.
Turning off...
Good God...

AaaaaH ****!

Ok edit, I'll make a proper post.

Alrights...

Zel. You are a legend. I have a feeling like when Eddie Guerrero or Steve Irwin died but without the tears, mostly due to the dramatic "This is Zel, this was Zel. turning off...."

I respect your reasons for this. However, I would hope you will still continue to be a member of this community, to give advice to newbie hackers, help other hackers, download and play some hacks and so people can still contact you.

Are you in University? (I'm assuming you are) because I'd suggest when you have a break from Uni (as you said mid-December) maybe you could bring back ShinyGold?

If you're coming back when you have spare time, that would kick ass :)

If you're not continuing ShinyGold but will come back to the forums that would kick ass (just not kick as much ass :P)

If you're not continuing ShinyGold and are not coming back to the forums then thats a damn shame. We'll have lost the greatest hacker the community has known (general hacking ability and SCRIPTING)

I will respect your decision

Peace hombre

Snrub

P.S I'm willing to continue the hack, I can edit text, battles, maps etc. All I'd need is a scripter...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023

wah?

hmmm, well it's good that you're placing your studies first. heheh I should do that too ... one day :P

Anywho, then I hope to continue seeing you active around the community.

Thanks for the beta's anyway, they are awesome.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
Cool! Alright! zel, you know you got my support man! Shiny Gold's back in action, I had a feeling that it wasn't the end of it. Good luck finishing up bud.

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
Years
I noticed that you used a default cut-tree for sudowoodo. Maybe you should switch it with the emerald overworld sprite.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 27, 2022
YES zel is back! i thought it was a lost cause once you left, that signing off thing was pretty dramatic. but now your back and everyone is happy again!

Enrico Marini

Resident Evil Hacker
Years
Nice to here you are back Zel. Your GS hack rocks! I started to worry that I'll never get to play a GS remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back