• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark Souls III

Years
  • Herald + Fallen Knight sets or bust

no seriously mix and matching those two makes for a sweet paladin getup

Iunno bout that one, the Fallen Knight set is pretty contrast to what your standard paladin would look like unless we just ignore the trope of Paladins always wearing mostly white.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • So what exactly does the Dark Sigil do? I got myself the Fire Keeper Soul and gave it to the woman, but I don't quite understand what it means by her removing the quote unquote "curse."

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • It makes you able to gain hollowing. At various stages of hollowing, the pilgrim guy I forget his name, will give you free levels. He can do this five times if I recall correctly.

Years
  • So what exactly does the Dark Sigil do? I got myself the Fire Keeper Soul and gave it to the woman, but I don't quite understand what it means by her removing the quote unquote "curse."

Protip:

Spoiler:

Also being Hollow ups your Luck stat with Hollow infused weapons, and allows you get that extra damage if you have a high luck stat since they scale with Luck after being Hollow infused.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Protip:

Spoiler:

Also being Hollow ups your Luck stat with Hollow infused weapons, and allows you get that extra damage if you have a high luck stat since they scale with Luck after being Hollow infused.

-____-

So I removed one Dark Sigil, but it still says I have one left...
    Spoiler:

Years
  • -____-

So I removed one Dark Sigil, but it still says I have one left...
    Spoiler:

Wait, removed one? I thought it was just a stack based on how many levels you used. You have to remove them one at a time?

Spoiler:

Sir Codin

First, no, this isn't the last game in Dark Souls:
    Miyazaki later added that the game would not be the last game in the series, and instead would serve as a "turning point" for both the franchise and the studio, as it was the last project by FromSoftware before Miyazaki became the president of the company. - Wikipedia

Second, I was half-right/half-wrong about imbuement being available from the start. Andre can imbue from the start, but he can only do Fire and Raw upgrade at the start. If you want the other upgrades, you'll need to find the appropriate Coal.

Lastly, admit it....Fallen Knight set is perfect for a Kylo Ren cosplay:

fallen_knight_set_small.jpg

Spoiler:

Or at least the helm is.

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
  • I just found out the Dragonslayer Spear is gated to like 3 quarters of the way through the game

I just want my weaponfu ugh

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Why would they have an easy mode in Dark Souls 3? The entire series has been marketed around its difficulty

pkmin3033

I can't see how this is anything other than a good thing, myself. If anything, they should take it one step further and have options like this in offline PvE gameplay.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I disagree, I don't think the game should have an easy mode. I understand the concept as to why it was applied - I.e bring in more of an audience - but it sort of diminishes the aesthetic of the Dark Souls series in my opinion.

Also, what is that great sword called? Faron's Greatsword? Basically the sword where you do two sweeping attacks on the ground. That thing is completely overrated in PvP. I got invaded the other night 5 times with people using that thing and I killed every one of them with my Halbred. That sword is stupid.

Years
  • I mean it isn't even an easy mode. That's just casual scrubs abusing the summoned phantoms and not doing any work for themselves. That's not From's fault. And to be honest with you, I think the idea for an Easy Mode for a game series that is known for its difficulty is stupid. The only people asking for this are people who's first souls game is DKS3. Which for some odd reason is a LOT of people.

Farron's Greatsword is....it CAN be good. Ultras do dumb damage in this game, and if you block it while someone has the Knight Slayer's ring, you are screwed.

That said I don't usually go higher than Greatswords/Curved Greatswords so no opinion on it outside of that.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I mean it isn't even an easy mode. That's just casual scrubs abusing the summoned phantoms and not doing any work for themselves.
    ah

I should've watched the video first before commenting lol

yeah that's all it is really, From didn't actually put in a legitimate easy mode

pkmin3033

Why? If it's an option, then there's no problem, right? Literally all you have to worry about if there is an easy mode is other people who aren't as good as you are enjoying the game, and what's so wrong with that? I've never understood this mentality that only skilled players should be allowed to enjoy something, because that is blatantly what people are saying when they decry even the possibility of an easy mode in games like this. Nobody is forcing you to use it. So why shouldn't it be there for people who might want it?

Explain this to me. Someone. Anyone. Explain to me why some people should be left out when they might enjoy the game if it didn't punish them so relentlessly. It's such a selfish attitude to have in my opinion, and it seems like 90% of the Souls fanbase has it for no substantiated reason other than that they don't want just anyone to be able to play the games they like. It. Makes. No. Sense. Whatsoever. =/

That isn't easy mode, so this is all hypothetical, and maaaaaybe I'm going off on one a bit, but the reactions I've seen both here and elsewhere to it have utterly baffled me. It's the same as Pokemon's new EXP Share, Star Fox Zero's Invincible Mode, and so many other examples. Options can only ever be a good thing. They can be ignored. People who decry them probably WILL ignore them, because that's not how they want to play. Which is totally fine. So why isn't it totally fine if someone else plays a different way? What is so wrong about getting people to kill the bosses for you and just wandering through the game to enjoy the locations, or the lore, or whatever else? Just because it's not how YOU would do it, and you think everyone else should play the same as you, or what? =/

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Why? If it's an option, then there's no problem, right? Literally all you have to worry about if there is an easy mode is other people who aren't as good as you are enjoying the game, and what's so wrong with that? I've never understood this mentality that only skilled players should be allowed to enjoy something, because that is blatantly what people are saying when they decry even the possibility of an easy mode in games like this. Nobody is forcing you to use it. So why shouldn't it be there for people who might want it?

Explain this to me. Someone. Anyone. Explain to me why some people should be left out when they might enjoy the game if it didn't punish them so relentlessly. It's such a selfish attitude to have in my opinion, and it seems like 90% of the Souls fanbase has it for no substantiated reason other than that they don't want just anyone to be able to play the games they like. It. Makes. No. Sense. Whatsoever. =/

That isn't easy mode, so this is all hypothetical, and maaaaaybe I'm going off on one a bit, but the reactions I've seen both here and elsewhere to it have utterly baffled me. It's the same as Pokemon's new EXP Share, Star Fox Zero's Invincible Mode, and so many other examples. Options can only ever be a good thing. They can be ignored. People who decry them probably WILL ignore them, because that's not how they want to play. Which is totally fine. So why isn't it totally fine if someone else plays a different way? What is so wrong about getting people to kill the bosses for you and just wandering through the game to enjoy the locations, or the lore, or whatever else? Just because it's not how YOU would do it, and you think everyone else should play the same as you, or what? =/
    I would normally agree with you on this, but this is the one and only time I have to make an exception. The Souls series has been, from day 1, marketed as "yo this game is like supposed to be really hard and you'll die a lot". Difficulty is one of its major selling points (and most games don't really advertise how hard/easy they are) and is basically the design philosophy. Having an easy mode would be going against all that. It just seems like an odd thing to do is all.

Though this is just an exploit and I'm completely fine with that.

pkmin3033

I would normally agree with you on this, but this is the one and only time I have to make an exception. The Souls series has been, from day 1, marketed as "yo this game is like supposed to be really hard and you'll die a lot". Difficulty is one of its major selling points (and most games don't really advertise how hard/easy they are) and is basically the design philosophy. Having an easy mode would be going against all that. It just seems like an odd thing to do is all.

Though this is just an exploit and I'm completely fine with that.
    I can see your point, but the two ideas aren't mutually exclusive as far as I'm concerned. The games do market themselves heavily around their apparent difficulty, yes, but things have come a long way since Demon's Souls and pretending that it's ONLY the challenge that makes these games appealing to their audience is a farce. The difficulty hype is built-up mostly around the more rabid sections of the fandom who think other people actually give a damn about how apparently good they are at games. It was what drew a lot of people to the games, but it's not what is keeping a lot of them playing. If that were the case we wouldn't have had three interconnected titles steeped in hidden lore and a complex narrative you take the time to explore it. They would have been standalone titles like Demon's Souls and Bloodborne. They've made their name being challenging titles, but I'd say that is about it.

I think what bothers me is the attitude of the fandom more than anything else, though. The idea that an easy mode would somehow tarnish the game is utterly ridiculous. Accessibility and maintaining a high level of difficulty are not mutually exclusive; this is why difficulty options exist in the first place. Difficulty options aren't a new thing in games, and taking less damage or whatever they'd do to make Dark Souls less punishing for newer players wouldn't change the default difficulty of the game. It wouldn't stop experienced players from playing how they choose, and it would allow the less experienced to enjoy themselves. The whole point of playing is to have fun.

Also, using exploits to make the game easier is fine, but having the game actually BE easier because of a difficulty option isn't? It amounts to the same thing.

Back