• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Potential New Pokémon To Be Announced? Hoopa, Diancie, Volcanion and more!

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    zzz create a mon asking for diancie everyone will see those. noone will see other fakes.

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
  • What's everyone's thoughts on this: I was in one of the hotels and this guy says something to me...had to talk to him three times to make sure I heard right. What do you think the chances are they will patch a new region into the game? His exact words to me, "The Kalos Region is nice and all but you should really check out my region! We have this town that you wouldn't believe...Ah, never mind. You'll see in due time."

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Can't see them patching in a whole new region. I think, if anything at all, it's just hinting at a future region (future game) while still being as vague as possible.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    What's everyone's thoughts on this: I was in one of the hotels and this guy says something to me...had to talk to him three times to make sure I heard right. What do you think the chances are they will patch a new region into the game? His exact words to me, "The Kalos Region is nice and all but you should really check out my region! We have this town that you wouldn't believe...Ah, never mind. You'll see in due time."

They said they weren't going to put more than one region into a game anymore. So there isn't any chance of that happening.

zzz create a mon asking for diancie everyone will see those. noone will see other fakes.

I put my Budew back in for a Hoopa, and it hasn't shown up yet. I'll try Diancie and Volcanion later, but Hoopa isn't showing up on my other GTS search. (I have like four 3DS' and a copy of both X and Y.)

Years
  • http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/volcanion-hoopa-and-diancie.3490527/

They're definitely legit, as they're being recognized by the GTS. I can't wait to see what they look like... I hope they don't keep them hidden forever. -___-

I'm also guessing Serebii took them down because 1) He's got no info on the Pokemon apart from their typings and names, 2) Doesn't want anymore problems from Nintendo

I don't understand how we know the typings though?

What's everyone's thoughts on this: I was in one of the hotels and this guy says something to me...had to talk to him three times to make sure I heard right. What do you think the chances are they will patch a new region into the game? His exact words to me, "The Kalos Region is nice and all but you should really check out my region! We have this town that you wouldn't believe...Ah, never mind. You'll see in due time."

I don't think we'd get an entire new region, but maybe a Sevii Islands type place.

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
  • I don't understand how we know the typings though?

I don't think we'd get an entire new region, but maybe a Sevii Islands type place.

I think that would be pretty cool in itself. I didn't know they said they weren't going to do that anymore. Prolly too much at once.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • If it accepts the search and brings it up, they are real. If they say pokemon cannot be found than these are fake. I misspelled Yveltal earlier this week and it said pokemon cannot be found. The GTS as memory of all current pokemon, therefore not leaving a single one out.

GTS cannot confirm that they are real. I just put a Bulbasaur in for something I called RRRRR and it accepted it. Not to mention I haven't seen a single trade asking for 1 of those 3 pokemon and I have been in GTS forever trying to find a Jap Ditto.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    If it accepts the search and brings it up, they are real. If they say pokemon cannot be found than these are fake. I misspelled Yveltal earlier this week and it said pokemon cannot be found. The GTS as memory of all current pokemon, therefore not leaving a single one out.

It will tell you that Hoopa, Volcanion, and Diancie cannot be found because there are none available to be traded. It said that the misspelling of Yveltal could not be found because there was no Pokemon available with that name/species when you searched.

It allows you to put anything in as the requested offer when you deposit Pokemon. So far only those three appear in the search function when you check the status through another game. It appearing in the search as an offer for a Pokemon deposited is the only way we can check to see if they are valid.

Searching for them and Depositing with them as request won't mean anything.

(My Budew still doesn't show up oddly enough though others with Hoopa do show up.)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    They said they weren't going to put more than one region into a game anymore. So there isn't any chance of that happening.

I put my Budew back in for a Hoopa, and it hasn't shown up yet. I'll try Diancie and Volcanion later, but Hoopa isn't showing up on my other GTS search. (I have like four 3DS' and a copy of both X and Y.)

Hoopa has shown up plenty for me. All three have in fact.

Search for Xerneas and you'll see the requests. Or any legendary.

It also autocorrects HOOPA to Hoopa when you make a request. Which it doesnt do for fakes. Not sure what much confirmation is needed beyond that.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I was on the GTS, searching for a Xerneas, i came across a person asking for a Volcanion in exchange.
    I'm not sure what is going on!

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    It doesn't seem fake. They could be event Pokémon.

Agreed. Now if only there were a cheat device that actually worked for 3DS games...then we'd be able to confirm it faster, like with Gen 4 and when we learned about Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus before Nintendo officially announced their existence.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    It saddens me that everyone is so eager to hack the games to find out what these Pokemon are. I think it's so much more satisfying to see them for the first time in the actual game when they're released. For past games, I would follow the leaks and plan my team and everything before the game even came out. This generation I didn't follow any leaks after May and my first playthrough of X was the best Pokemon experience I've ever had because I didn't know when my pokemon would evolve or anything. I'm excited for these event pokemon, but I hope there aren't anymore leaks for then besides their typings.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Hoopa has shown up plenty for me. All three have in fact.

Search for Xerneas and you'll see the requests. Or any legendary.

It also autocorrects HOOPA to Hoopa when you make a request. Which it doesnt do for fakes. Not sure what much confirmation is needed beyond that.

I'm just saying my Budew has never appeared on GTS. See if you can find it. Level 8, Male. Trader's name is Jaque. I'm requesting a Hoopa.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    X and Y had the most least amount of legendaries in all of Pokémon games, so it all seemed a little fishy to me—I knew that this wouldn't be the end, and there would be more, just hidden away from us. d: Out of the three legendaries, my favorite, so far, would have to be Volcanion. It's got an awesome name (well, in my opinion), and its type combination is quite epic. We've never had any fire/water Pokémon before, have we? I'm not a big fan of Hoopa's typing, however. Hoopa is a combination of ghost and psychic, which makes it four-times weak to dark. Dark-types may not be as common as some other types in online battling, but they're still there. I really like its name, though! "Hoopa" seems to roll out of the tongue pretty nicely. (:

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • It's nice that Gamefreak is managing to think of a Pokemon with different type combination over the past several years. Unfortunately, these three typings aren't as good as you expect them to be. Rock/Fairy is 4x weak to Steel (and to make things worse their STAB combo is resisted), Psychic/Ghost is 4x weak to Dark and Ghost, and Fire/Water is resisted by opposing Water and Dragon types, and also gives the Pokemon a Stealth Rock weakness, which hampers its viability in singles competitive play. We'll see what movepools will come up for each Pokemon if they do exist, although I doubt that Volcanion will learn any Ice-type moves...

Yuuto

Community Helper~
    Years
  • Ok, this has been bothering me for a while... but why do we need MORE legendary pokemon? Really? How legendary can something be if there are already about 50 of them? More importantly, how can you be discontent and even angry that there aren't a ton of beings of legend?

Seriously, I could do without more Pokemon that everyone has sitting in their box unused because there's no purpose for them in single player (since you've probably beaten the story already) and rarely being seen in competitive battles due to obscene base stats/being banned/etc. That's just me though.

That said, it's not like it's a bad idea to have more, I just can't understand the demand at all. Will I jump on these guys to fill my Pokedex pages? Hell yeah. That's most likely it though. Unless, of course, they aren't actually legendaries and just some new pokemon you gain access to some time in the future. Their typings sound like fun, regardless of the gaping holes in their defenses.

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Apparently there is a 4th unknown pokemon.

This page was up on Seribii for a bit but was also removed.

7nd6vkpz.jpg

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Apparently there is a 4th unknown pokemon.

This page was up on Seribii for a bit but was also removed.

7nd6vkpz.jpg

I doubt it's real, it even has 'Troll' in it's name. It could.be easily photoshopped. And btw, this Pokemon has all of its information, while the other 3 didn't.

Back