• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Plot Bunny Thread

Is Fire Emblem: Conjoinst Souls something that you'd be interested in reading?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

pkmin3033

I-Isn't it too early to be using the "<3" emoticon??? *blushes*
It's never too early to use the "<3" emoticon! xD

I think it helps when you either:

1) Have multiple characters travelling together, so you can show a lot of time has passed because of a few isolated incidents and their relationship changing (something that takes time)
or 2) If you only have one character, focus on their mental state and how tired/determined they are. Not every story has to follow the some arbitrary number of words=some fixed distance.
Those are both good approaches; I think of the two I'd favour the former over the latter, if only because I find it easier to develop characters based on their experiences with others...not sure why, that's just always been how I've written it. Might be the RPer in me. The one-man journey method is more personal, though, as you devote a lot more time to the character in question...that could be a good approach for the Northerner I was going to include. His ideals would change over the course of his journey - although whether that would be for better or worse I have no idea yet - and delving into his thought processes over the journey would help show that.

No, it isn't bad. It's just that the Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas approach seems to be really popular nowadays. But I'm all for people dying and grey morality! :D
It won't be QUITE that bad; the Empire will just have a very uneven economy and bloody history. There won't be any dark secret to its continued success, although there MIGHT be one in its founding...but that would be telling. And I don't want to nail anything like that down yet in case I change my mind as I'm writing the plot in more detail. xD

Although I DO need to give the structure of this currently nameless Empire (see how far away I am from being ready? I don't even have place names yet!) some further thought...it's a fairly new - less than a century - creation, established after the Emperor was the first to cross into the Pokemon realm, capture/bond with (leaving that deliberately ambiguous for now) Xerneas and pull a Nobunaga on the continent. He adopted the reigning monarchs as sons to keep them in line (as well as marrying one noble of their choice from each area and having a child by them to cement ties, naturally) and, after introducing some universal policies on places, set everything up...but he didn't name a successor.

One idea I was toying with, to balance things out a bit in terms of the class system (there is always such a clear line between nobles and working class in fantasy novels!) was regular purges of the nobility, with the appointment of ambitious/worthy commoners in their place. Perhaps based on the Talent to call Pokemon, since that's what the whole thing was founded on. Maybe think of it like miniature Gym battles, with the prize being noble titles and lands. Any commoner with Talent could challenge any Noble with Talent publicly for the right to take their position, with a few clauses in place; keeping non-Talented servants in place unless with cause to remove them, etc. That sort of system could get all sorts of people into all sorts of places...an anarchist bent on destroying the system by "legally" taking everything for themselves through this method, perhaps? Without the Emperor in place, it'd be absolute chaos and Civil War, but...Civil War is fun. Eventually, someone would have to win, as well. An equal opportunity Empire of sorts~

Stroker Ace

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE, BUTTHORN
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 14, 2018
First time writing a Pokemon fanfic, I have too many ideas

The world of Pokemon, as we know it, contains a blend of modern and futuristic technologies. In other words, it's the perfect setting for a fanfic idea I always had at the back of my head. I always thought it would be interesting if I created a story based around an auto racing league based out of Unova (which could be considered a Type I Eagleland). As you probably assumed by now, I'm a big fan of NASCAR, and I plan to pattern said league after it. Now came my next problem- how do I make it relevant to the world of Pokemon? Well, for starters, drawing inspiration from other Motorsports like Formula 1 and DTM, I thought that the racing league, we'll call it the Unovan Stock Car Series, should be considerably more technology driven than NASCAR. With technology being shrouded in secrecy, of course Team Plasma has to burst in all guns blazing to turn the potent technology (synthesized fuel of some sort I had in mind, but I want more ideas!) into weapons for their diabolical needs. So basically, it futuristic NASCAR with Team Plasma trying to take advantage of the racing teams' technologies.

In spite of the fact that I have a basic foundation, I still have some problems. For starters, I don't know how to structure it. Should I make it episodic like the anime, or should I structure it more like a movie? Another problem is characters from the franchise, how would I incorporate them? I have a plan to use Fennel or some other relevant scientist (choosing Fennel since she's more a scientist than a biologist), but what about other characters you've grown to love? Maybe Ash or whoeverthehell uncovers some sort of secret plan between a corrupt racing team and Plasma? And as mentioned before what kind of technologies would they be after? Synthetic fuel that can be created as easily as pizza would probably be something, but what else would they want? Advanced cooling systems, hell maybe even tricked out, futuristic engines? Just farting ideas for now, but there's only so much my mind can come up with.

Please do let me know if you need clarification on certain things that I mentioned that you might understand. Aside from tech, the rest of my questions should be easy for the non racing enthusiast.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I'll just go ahead and merge this into the Plot Bunny Thread, since this is asking for advice on a story idea.

My first impression is that you're trying to fit way too much into your story. It's great to see all of these ideas, but one of the challenges of story telling is that you have to pick and choose which ideas to put in. That means really thinking about which ideas would work best, and why they would be in the story. Some ideas won't make it, but that's part of the challenge.

I don't think you'll have much of a challenge finding ways to fit pokemon into NASCAR. I don't think any would be in the car itself, but a few pokemon in the pit crew to speed things up could work. Maybe include a few flying types holding the cameras for the people at home. With some digging into the details, I'm sure there's plenty of places for pokemon.

My biggest concern is why Team Plasma is here. They certainly can be, but they need the right motivation. If it's the fuel they're after, then why are they at the race track instead of buying it from the manufacturer? You could have them own a racing team, that way no one would find it suspicious when they start experimenting on their own fuel. They would have an easy way to test their creation, and easy access to other teams' fuel. It's just a thought, but they have to have a reason for being at the race track.

These are just a few suggestions to help you get started. I hope they can help a little and good luck with the story!

Stroker Ace

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE, BUTTHORN
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 14, 2018
I'll just go ahead and merge this into the Plot Bunny Thread, since this is asking for advice on a story idea.

My first impression is that you're trying to fit way too much into your story. It's great to see all of these ideas, but one of the challenges of story telling is that you have to pick and choose which ideas to put in. That means really thinking about which ideas would work best, and why they would be in the story. Some ideas won't make it, but that's part of the challenge.

I don't think you'll have much of a challenge finding ways to fit pokemon into NASCAR. I don't think any would be in the car itself, but a few pokemon in the pit crew to speed things up could work. Maybe include a few flying types holding the cameras for the people at home. With some digging into the details, I'm sure there's plenty of places for pokemon.

My biggest concern is why Team Plasma is here. They certainly can be, but they need the right motivation. If it's the fuel they're after, then why are they at the race track instead of buying it from the manufacturer? You could have them own a racing team, that way no one would find it suspicious when they start experimenting on their own fuel. They would have an easy way to test their creation, and easy access to other teams' fuel. It's just a thought, but they have to have a reason for being at the race track.

These are just a few suggestions to help you get started. I hope they can help a little and good luck with the story!

You know, that's honestly a great idea. Plasma secretly slipping into the world of stock car racing as a ploy to take advantage of manipulating the new energy source, not to mention possibly testing technology that they could use towards their plans. But yeah, as for your question about my original idea, the fuel was originally an exclusive property of a specific team. Like in F1, teams guard their technologies with absolute secrecy, so it's a perfect veil for Plasma. Since in hindsight that probably wouldn't make much sense from the standpoint of a racing organization (that team would have a HUGE and unfair advantage), I think I'll have to work a bit more on your suggestion. The whole idea was basically how Formula 1 manufacturers nowadays are highly advanced technologically, and I wanted to transfer that aspect onto a low-tech, "'Murican" racing series. And Pokemon working the pit crews?! WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT? Perhaps Ash or someone ends up with a part-time job with a crew, loaning his pokemon to do pit work. Oh, and what about the announcers? I have two of them, and I plan to use them for comedic relief by being the butt monkeys of the story (like the Cabbage Dude from Avatar), but I'm not wholly sure how to implement that aside from foot-in-mouth syndrome. I don't wanna go too overboard on in, honestly. I'll continue to brain storm, and soon I should have a first chapter ready. Thanks for the help, bud.

Another thing: what should I do if I wanna add some background info on the story? Like teams, tracks, etc?

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
You know, that's honestly a great idea. Plasma secretly slipping into the world of stock car racing as a ploy to take advantage of manipulating the new energy source, not to mention possibly testing technology that they could use towards their plans. But yeah, as for your question about my original idea, the fuel was originally an exclusive property of a specific team. Like in F1, teams guard their technologies with absolute secrecy, so it's a perfect veil for Plasma. Since in hindsight that probably wouldn't make much sense from the standpoint of a racing organization (that team would have a HUGE and unfair advantage), I think I'll have to work a bit more on your suggestion. The whole idea was basically how Formula 1 manufacturers nowadays are highly advanced technologically, and I wanted to transfer that aspect onto a low-tech, "'Murican" racing series. And Pokemon working the pit crews?! WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT? Perhaps Ash or someone ends up with a part-time job with a crew, loaning his pokemon to do pit work. Oh, and what about the announcers? I have two of them, and I plan to use them for comedic relief by being the butt monkeys of the story (like the Cabbage Dude from Avatar), but I'm not wholly sure how to implement that aside from foot-in-mouth syndrome. I don't wanna go too overboard on in, honestly. I'll continue to brain storm, and soon I should have a first chapter ready. Thanks for the help, bud.

Another thing: what should I do if I wanna add some background info on the story? Like teams, tracks, etc?
Adding background information is a bit tricky. You could always do a prologue, but prologues that are drowned with information tend to be dry and an information dump, so you have to be careful. I would recommend finding some way to work it into the story. Just remember that you have to include the information that is completely necessary, and nothing else. Stating the year that the racing series started is great and all, but unless you make it tie into the plot in some way, then it's completely useless and the reader won't hold onto it. Trimming out the excess information will make the story flow a thousand times better, and the reader will be more involved with the story because if they miss one thing, then they won't get the entire picture.

My last tip for the background information is that your audience isn't dumb. In no way, shape, or form have you even hinted at this, but writers tend to include way too much information and spell things out for the reader when they really shouldn't be. Are two teams complete rivals and hate each other? Don't simply tell us that, have the two main drivers from that team glare at each other from across the row of garages, or something. The audience will pick up on these simple clues and infer that the two teams don't like each other. It's complicated to get at first, but if you try to remember this, then I guarantee that the story will come out much cleaner and interesting.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
I am rewriting a story I never finished called "The Rocket War Chronicles".

It will be a very dark take on Pokemon, with inspiration from many other writings, such as the biblical story of Moses, Harry Potter, the Tarzan series, and the Star Wars Original Trilogy.

Here is a brief synopsis:
Our protagonist, Eric Damon, is an orphan whose biological parents die in a fire. A man named Apollo, and his wife Madame Boss, took him in when he was four years old, and surviving on a diet of various Berries in Viridian Forest.

However, Eric wasn't going to be their only child, as the couple already had a sixteen-year son named Giovanni, who would soon replace his mother as leader of Team Rocket.

When Eric turned ten, he ran away from home, after having multiple visions about the future, mostly regarding the family that took him in.

He made it all the way from Viridian City in the Kanto Region, to a small, but rapidly growing rebellion against Team Rocket led by Mewtwo, in a remote corner in the far northeast of Johto.

This is where Eric realizes his destiny, finds true love in a female rebel, roughly his age, named Peggy Owen. He also learns the Way of the Aura, a religion that Team Rocket wants to eliminate.

Eric is chosen to use a sacred weapon called an Aura Sword, and by time he is twenty-three years old, he becomes leader of the rebellion after Mewtwo is captured for a third time by Team Rocket.

Eric then knows what the only way to save Mewtwo is to declare war on Team Rocket, and assassinate Giovanni. This also would cause the collapse of Team Rocket, and ring in a new era of peace.

Years
Platinum team ideas for novelization

Hello all,

This is my first time here and I am looking for some help. I'm currently thinking about doing a novelization of Pokemon Platinum as a sequel to my first story. I have completed a Heart Gold novelization which is up on fanfiction.net. If you are looking to perhaps check it out I can send the link.

I am however looking for peoples ideas on which Pokemon from Sinnoh they would be interested in seeing characterized. If you have any ideas I am quite open so please let me know what you think.

Thank you!

Bay

Years
Digimon Kaiser:

The plot sounds interesting but there are a few points I'm confused.

I am rewriting a story I never finished called "The Rocket War Chronicles".
When Eric turned ten, he ran away from home, after having multiple visions about the future, mostly regarding the family that took him in.
Is there a reason Eric has those visions? Or is it more he had those visions were in his dreams?

He made it all the way from Viridian City in the Kanto Region, to a small, but rapidly growing rebellion against Team Rocket led by Mewtwo, in a remote corner in the far northeast of Johto.
Will Mewtwo trust Eric that easily? I would think Mewtwo will don't trust him at first.

This is where Eric realizes his destiny, finds true love in a female rebel, roughly his age, named Peggy Owen. He also learns the Way of the Aura, a religion that Team Rocket wants to eliminate.
I'm curious as to why Team Rocket wants to eliminate that religion, though I'm assuming that will be answered in your story I believed?

Eric is chosen to use a sacred weapon called an Aura Sword, and by time he is twenty-three years old, he becomes leader of the rebellion after Mewtwo is captured for a third time by Team Rocket.
This part I'm somewhat worried as "chosen ones" don't sit too well for me (though I enjoy Harry Potter and Star Wars). I take it Eric will pretty much work hard and such before earning the Aura Sword and not just handed to him easily?

arthurerikson:

Hello all,

This is my first time here and I am looking for some help. I'm currently thinking about doing a novelization of Pokemon Platinum as a sequel to my first story. I have completed a Heart Gold novelization which is up on fanfiction.net. If you are looking to perhaps check it out I can send the link.

I am however looking for peoples ideas on which Pokemon from Sinnoh they would be interested in seeing characterized. If you have any ideas I am quite open so please let me know what you think.

Thank you!

Hm, are you suggesting which Sinnoh Pokemon we want featured in your fic? If so, not so sure this is the best place to ask. This thread is specifically for plot help and doesn't seemed you're asking for help on a specific aspect of your plot. If you need help on the Pokemon, I think asking your friends would be your best bet.

If I'm wrong however and you do need help on your plot, more details are needed. You mentioned this being a novelization for Platinum but you need to be more specific on what events will come up before we can give some plot advice.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
First time I'm sharing my ideas here in this part of the forums. I'm mostly found in the RP corner... Okay, so I've had a couple of ideas running around in my head lately, and though I think it's interesting, a few of them are implausible at the moment.

One of the ideas I decided to shelf is one where Homura Akemi lands in the Pokemon World. As entertaining as it is, I have no conflicts for her aside from trying to find a way home. The main conception of this idea is from the fact that Homura has Time Travelling powers, and I thought about her losing them once she steps into the Pokemon World, and that she thinks that capturing the following Legendaries will help her. Celebi, Dialga, and Palkia. Maybe I could have her join Team Galactic during the events of Pokemon Diamond/Pearl... But I have no way of introducing her into the Pokemon world itself.

Thinking about it, I do have ideas. Because of Homura's... stance in Mortality, she would be Immortal, and thus ageless. I thought about having her meet Serena's mother, be best friends with her and two other characters as they travel around a region (I have no idea which one to use yet), and at the end having a falling out at the end of their Pokemon Journey together. Then, several years later, Homura pops up again and meets the main Anime cast (Ash and Friends). A few factors that don't fit is my need for Homura to meet Iris (Which is something that can't change in the story, since it is an important plot point) and Homura meeting up again with Serena's mother.

I don't want Homura to join during the Unova Arc, since watching the BestWishes made me cringe, and I found it rather bland compared to Diamond&Pearl and X&Y.

I shelved this idea because of a couple of things. One, I'm too busy. One of the worst enemies of writers. Two, I'm already writing a few stories that features her in another world, I need a breath of fresh air. Three, I was thinking of Specializing her, but I can't decide which. I originally had her specialize in Psychic, but then Chandelure and its evolutionary stages are quite symbolic for her. As for Illusions... I'm not too keen about Dark Types, though it does fit her personality. More or less.

I'm not too sure I'll be writing this one anytime soon.

As for my other idea, it's about the Pokemon Conquest Heroine landing in the GamexAnime Verse. In other words, the mainstream Universe. I think I got this idea mostly together. I should have about five arcs for this, namely the "Eevee Arc", the "Modern Arc" (Heroine trying to fit into Modern Changes), the "Descendant Arc" (Where she discovers that she has a Clan under her that survives to this day), the "Pokemon Journey Arc" and finally the "Return to Ransei(?) Arc". The last one has her conflicting whether to stay or not.

I think I can and will write this one, but does it sound like something you'd read?

Bay

Years
Rune Alchemist
Hey, Rune Alchemist! I know you said you likely won't be able to get to your Homura idea, but some of those are interesting and I thought I would give in my two cents!

I want to mention real quick that crossovers aren't that easy to pull off well and one of the reasons is someone might be unfamiliar with one of the other series's world. I think you're pretty aware of that already, though. Doesn't mean there won't be readers interested in a Madoka/Pokemon crossover as I'm sure there are a few that are!

Thinking about it, I do have ideas. Because of Homura's... stance in Mortality, she would be Immortal, and thus ageless. I thought about having her meet Serena's mother, be best friends with her and two other characters as they travel around a region (I have no idea which one to use yet), and at the end having a falling out at the end of their Pokemon Journey together. Then, several years later, Homura pops up again and meets the main Anime cast (Ash and Friends). A few factors that don't fit is my need for Homura to meet Iris (Which is something that can't change in the story, since it is an important plot point) and Homura meeting up again with Serena's mother.

Curious, why you want Homura to meet with Serena's mother? You think the two will have interesting interactions? Also since you think your idea would fit better during Diamond/Pearl/Platinum story, perhaps it might be better if she meets a D/P/Pt character? Then again, this goes back to your "how do I introduce Homura" question.

I shelved this idea because of a couple of things. One, I'm too busy. One of the worst enemies of writers. Two, I'm already writing a few stories that features her in another world, I need a breath of fresh air. Three, I was thinking of Specializing her, but I can't decide which. I originally had her specialize in Psychic, but then Chandelure and its evolutionary stages are quite symbolic for her. As for Illusions... I'm not too keen about Dark Types, though it does fit her personality. More or less.

I think it's all right to not have all characters specialized in something. Maybe you can just have her very interested in Chandelure and such.

As for my other idea, it's about the Pokemon Conquest Heroine landing in the GamexAnime Verse. In other words, the mainstream Universe. I think I got this idea mostly together. I should have about five arcs for this, namely the "Eevee Arc", the "Modern Arc" (Heroine trying to fit into Modern Changes), the "Descendant Arc" (Where she discovers that she has a Clan under her that survives to this day), the "Pokemon Journey Arc" and finally the "Return to Ransei(?) Arc". The last one has her conflicting whether to stay or not.

I think I can and will write this one, but does it sound like something you'd read?

I don't know much about Pokemon Conquest, so I can't give an appropriate response for that. From what I do know of Conquest it's set in a semi-historical setting, correct? If so I'm assuming you're going for a character from the past and suddenly into the future? The show Sleepy Hollow does a similar premise, so I think it could work and might interest anyone a fan of Pokemon Conquest, the main games, and anime. Only thing I would worry is how well you'll manage the cast of characters from different canons as characters that appeared both in games and anime sometimes have slight different personalities.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
First, let me thank you for responding to my idea, I appreciate the feedback.
I want to mention real quick that crossovers aren't that easy to pull off well and one of the reasons is someone might be unfamiliar with one of the other series's world. I think you're pretty aware of that already, though. Doesn't mean there won't be readers interested in a Madoka/Pokemon crossover as I'm sure there are a few that are!

The problem with Crossovers is that people would be less inclined to read it, since it incorporates elements that are not, by nature, compatible with their favorite verse. Some fandoms are easily crossed with other series, case-in-point Naruto, Harry Potter, and especially Kingdom Hearts. Though each has its own degree of success. I especially find Harry Potter crossovers much more enjoyable, though I hardly see any good Kingdom Hearts X-overs.

Although I follow the rule of 'Don't knock it till you try it', the same cannot be applied to everyone reading your story. Instead of trying and failing to do that, all I can hope to do on that end is to write the best I can, in a way that most fanfictions don't, and that is try to appeal to people who don't know what you're talking about. After all, not everyone knows what a Pikachu is (Despite popular belief), or know what a Soul Gem does, so I'll try and explain the concept of both series to those who don't know it and hope for the best.

Curious, why you want Homura to meet with Serena's mother? You think the two will have interesting interactions? Also since you think your idea would fit better during Diamond/Pearl/Platinum story, perhaps it might be better if she meets a D/P/Pt character? Then again, this goes back to your "how do I introduce Homura" question.
Honestly, I think it's interesting, that's all. Maybe it's the idea of Pokemon Jockeying that got me hooked on her? I can see her as a bit of a tomboy during childhood, which would resonate with her familiarity with Kyouko, another of Homura's 'friends'. Another point is for the irony of Homura running into Grace later on, when I introduce Homura to Serena.

There are two people I want Homura to meet, Iris and Serena. Iris has the same VA as Madoka, which I would then cast as Madoka's analog in the Pokemon Universe. It would make for some interesting interactions, I'm sure. As for Serena... Well, I believe that Homura would have the same resolve as Serena. She has passion, but doesn't know where to direct it, and clings on to the first chance they get.

I don't know much about Pokemon Conquest, so I can't give an appropriate response for that. From what I do know of Conquest it's set in a semi-historical setting, correct? If so I'm assuming you're going for a character from the past and suddenly into the future? The show Sleepy Hollow does a similar premise, so I think it could work and might interest anyone a fan of Pokemon Conquest, the main games, and anime. Only thing I would worry is how well you'll manage the cast of characters from different canons as characters that appeared both in games and anime sometimes have slight different personalities.
Yes, Pokemon Conquest is based on a historical event. Sengoku Era, to be exact. Sleepy Hollow... I believe that's an American Show? I don't believe I've seen it on my TV screen to get a feel for it. The title just screams "Werewolf" somehow, and I've been less inclined to watch it, especially since the few times I did see it (which is maybe only one or two occasions) I was just browsing the channels waiting for my show's commercial to end.

As far as Personality goes... Well, there's only one Ash (Disregarding the Manga, I don't read that), but the others I have to think about.

Maybe I'll just introduce the Heroine to May and Dawn first, before thinking about someone else. I know that Dawn will have a different Personality, but May would probably stick close to her Anime one. Hm, Barry will lean more towards his Game Counterpart.

Who knows, maybe I'll cast the Heroine as the Ancestor of one of the main protagonists?

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I'm good at finding Idea But suck at writing a full story .
For example--
Ash & Co visit a Kingdom and see a Beautiful princess who will inherit the throne. However a Special group of People attack the kingdom and imprison the King ,all the townfolk and also Ash's friends.
Those people are after a legendary pokemon that protect the kingdom .
Ash & The Princess are the only 2 people that didn't got capture when the enemy attacked and now Ash has work together with her to save the kingdom and his friend
However , The Princess turn out to be the total opposite of what others think of her !
In reality , She is cold , rude , Sharp-toned , arrogant and has low opinion of Ash. she's like an arrogant version of Platina (PokeSpe).
The Princess knows a person that will lead them to that legendary Pokemon and save the kingdom.
However , How Ash will work together with The Princess when she is a total pain in the ass that drive him nuts ???

At the end , They manage to work together and save the kingdom with the help from the legendary Pokemon.
Ash will later thank her and return her the Cape she gave him to disguise himself.
It seem The Princess grown some attachment toward Ash and Sad about him leaving but decided to hide it like a Tsundere.
As Ash leave , One of attendant told her about the prophecy of a Hero with a Thunder creature that will save the kingdom and join the royal blood.
Princess ask about how the hero will join the Royal .
The attendant said that he doesn't know But may be the hero marries someone of Royal blood.
The Princess take a last look at Ash as he was leaving and Say '' What kind of Princess would marry an idiot like him'' as she blushes.

See , I have the Idea ! But I don't know how to turn into a complete story.

Bay

Years
Hi! I went ahead and moved your post from the Chit Chat to here as I think this way someone will be able to help out flesh your story more! Having an idea but not sure how to make it a complete story is pretty much the purpose of this thread! So, let's see here...

Ash & Co visit a Kingdom and see a Beautiful princess who will inherit the throne. However a Special group of People attack the kingdom and imprison the King ,all the townfolk and also Ash's friends.
Those people are after a legendary pokemon that protect the kingdom .
Ash & The Princess are the only 2 people that didn't got capture when the enemy attacked and now Ash has work together with her to save the kingdom and his friend

This isn't the first time the Pokemon anime had done Ash and company meeting royalty, but the plot sounds interesting so far. I do wonder why Ash and the princess didn't get captured, though. Also curious what legendary that special group is after.

However , The Princess turn out to be the total opposite of what others think of her !
In reality , She is cold , rude , Sharp-toned , arrogant and has low opinion of Ash. she's like an arrogant version of Platina (PokeSpe).
The Princess knows a person that will lead them to that legendary Pokemon and save the kingdom.
However , How Ash will work together with The Princess when she is a total pain in the ass that drive him nuts ???

That does sound like there will be some opportunities for fun interactions there!

At the end , They manage to work together and save the kingdom with the help from the legendary Pokemon.
Ash will later thank her and return her the Cape she gave him to disguise himself.
It seem The Princess grown some attachment toward Ash and Sad about him leaving but decided to hide it like a Tsundere.
As Ash leave , One of attendant told her about the prophecy of a Hero with a Thunder creature that will save the kingdom and join the royal blood.
Princess ask about how the hero will join the Royal .
The attendant said that he doesn't know But may be the hero marries someone of Royal blood.
The Princess take a last look at Ash as he was leaving and Say '' What kind of Princess would marry an idiot like him'' as she blushes.

See , I have the Idea ! But I don't know how to turn into a complete story.

The mention of a cape threw me off a bit as you didn't give too much explanation how it works and when she gave it to him. I guess that'll be mentioned more in the story, though.

While that kind of prophecy isn't my favorite ending and Ash is often dense when it comes to romance, I think it still fits!

I think you have a good base of the story there and have enough material to turn it into a complete story. I think the best way is to plan the story out more and then write it out. Sometimes while you write you'll even get more or better ideas for your story. I would also suggest thinking a bit more about the special group's motivation, though I assume you thought about that already. I do wish you luck on this!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 23, 2015
I'm fairly certain this still qualifies as a plot bunny, because so far all I've actually written are notes regarding the two main characters, and the overly complicated world building that's been hitting me off and on for around a year now. My intention is to write a story that focuses on two different trainers (Red and Calem, protagonists of the first and sixth gen games respectively) as they experience some major shifts in the world around them. It's also massively AR, as those shifts are going to come about because I decided that the basic pokeball wouldn't be invented until around the time Red is born.

By "some major shifts," what I mean is two revolutions (one technological, the other cultural) linking three different eras- pre-pokeball, post-pokeball, and whatever clever and concise term I come up with for "that one era where humans and pokemon finally come together and work toward a more promising future, pretty much like canon." The first and third of these won't be witnessed by the reader in their entirety. Red's story is going to begin right in the middle of the first revolution, Calem's story is going to begin solidly in the middle of the post-pokeball era, and they're both going to tie together and come to an end in the middle of the second revolution.

To give a time frame, the earliest scene in the story's chronology is Red leaving Pallet Town. Calem meeting his first pokemon will happen about a year later, although he won't set out on a pokemon journey for another eight years after that (can you say timeskip). Incidentally, "pokemon journeys" won't become a thing until some time during those eight years, meaning Red will have left Pallet Town for entirely different reasons. This is a rather big part of what differentiates the pre- and post-pokeball eras.

Calem will meet Red at some point during his journey, and their relationship (not the romantic kind) is going to be the catalyst that pushes Calem into becoming a driving force behind the second Revolution. Other than this and a few other key points, everything after Calem sets out on his journey is largely unplanned at the moment.

I plan on the meeting between Calem and his first pokemon being presented as a rather lengthy prologue to the story as a whole before kicking off Red's arc, because it's important on several levels, and because it doesn't really fit in the midst of anything else I have planned. First of all, it'll define the kind of trainer Calem is going to be, which is important for obvious reasons. Secondly, it will make his character at the start of his story arc feel a lot more organic by giving a reason for his special snowflake tendencies (plot-relevant, I assure you). I could, technically, put this bit at the start of his story arc instead of the prologue for the whole story, but then you'd have me cutting away from Red at the end of his arc to a so far unrelated character, presenting a scene that's technically time-traveling backward a little, followed immediately by an eight year time-skip, which would just be tacky.

Most importantly, though, I want to start the story with something that reflects the attitude of mutual respect and cooperation which the second revolution will be pushing so hard for, and what better way than through the eyes of an innocent, beloved eight year old who'll become the man behind that revolution?

Well, I think I hit most of the salient points in regards to the frame of the story. I actually have a lot more detail planned out, and even more ideas still forming and filling things in, but I don't want to go on forever. So if anyone actually reads this post, what are your thoughts on what I've said? Got any opinions on it? Got any questions? I'd absolutely love both feedback and lengthier discussion, because this isn't leaving my head any time soon (it's stuck around for over a year now), and at this point outside views can do nothing but help.

Also, hey, first post. I read the rules, but that doesn't mean I know much about etiquette or organization around here, so let me know if I've done something stupid or put this up in the wrong place. :)

TravelerTrainer15

I might want to ask, how do you guys even come up with ideas?! I got absolutely nothing. :/

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 25, 2015
Pokemon Pangea

The plot:

A seismic event of mysterious origin caused the "Pangea-Phenomenon". A pulling of all the six regions very close to one another. while the geography is now almost one super continent, the human race spread into division and turmoil as cultures,norms, Morales,values and laws clashed amongst regions. major crime organizations from team rocket to team flare fought for dominion and two particular boys Vesh (27) and Selsis(17) lost their father Archie, the team aqua Boss, at the hands of team rocket. They inherit wealth and a seat at team Aqua through their father's will.
Vesh now "Father" of his little brother planned to use his inheritance and new found power to create one super organization for him to control, in order to lessen crime, while he tried to raise and watch over Selsis his little brother but Selsis wanted nothing to do with these organizations that trapped his father a now seemingly his brother, Denied his inheritance and vowed to one day create a grand pokemon military force to minimize crime. the two boys must first pick from three pokeballs if they want to change the world.

feedback would be nice :D

Bay

Years
I might want to ask, how do you guys even come up with ideas?! I got absolutely nothing. :/

Haha, I can't say for the others that posted here but people get inspired from all kinds of sources. A song, video game, an episode of a tv show, something they want to happen in another source material. The list is endless lol.

The plot:

A seismic event of mysterious origin caused the "Pangea-Phenomenon". A pulling of all the six regions very close to one another. while the geography is now almost one super continent, the human race spread into division and turmoil as cultures,norms, Morales,values and laws clashed amongst regions. major crime organizations from team rocket to team flare fought for dominion and two particular boys Vesh (27) and Selsis(17) lost their father Archie, the team aqua Boss, at the hands of team rocket. They inherit wealth and a seat at team Aqua through their father's will.
Vesh now "Father" of his little brother planned to use his inheritance and new found power to create one super organization for him to control, in order to lessen crime, while he tried to raise and watch over Selsis his little brother but Selsis wanted nothing to do with these organizations that trapped his father a now seemingly his brother, Denied his inheritance and vowed to one day create a grand pokemon military force to minimize crime. the two boys must first pick from three pokeballs if they want to change the world.

feedback would be nice :D

Hi, I went ahead and moved this to the plot bunny thread since what you posted is more of a plot idea instead of a full blown story, so story ideas goes in this thread!

As for the idea itself, the Pangea mention does sounds like something from a end of world movie, which I think you're going for haha. However, I'm somewhat concern how Selsis will be able to pull off a huge Pokemon military. I'm also confused with the "three pokeballs" description. You mean they're picking their starters? If so, I do wonder why it took them so long to have their Pokemon if their father is Archie. If I'm wrong on that assumption, though, do let me know!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 25, 2015
Haha, I can't say for the others that posted here but people get inspired from all kinds of sources. A song, video game, an episode of a tv show, something they want to happen in another source material. The list is endless lol.

Hi, I went ahead and moved this to the plot bunny thread since what you posted is more of a plot idea instead of a full blown story, so story ideas goes in this thread!

As for the idea itself, the Pangea mention does sounds like something from a end of world movie, which I think you're going for haha. However, I'm somewhat concern how Selsis will be able to pull off a huge Pokemon military. I'm also confused with the "three pokeballs" description. You mean they're picking their starters? If so, I do wonder why it took them so long to have their Pokemon if their father is Archie. If I'm wrong on that assumption, though, do let me know!

oh well i cant answer some of these things as they will spoil the story, all i can say is that not everyone chooses to be a pokemon trainer, the description could be better for the pokeballs but it is their first pokemon, sorry for posting in wrong thread, im working on my first chapter umm is one chapter the minimum to post as a story? thanks for the feedback

Bay

Years
oh well i cant answer some of these things as they will spoil the story, all i can say is that not everyone chooses to be a pokemon trainer, the description could be better for the pokeballs but it is their first pokemon, sorry for posting in wrong thread, im working on my first chapter umm is one chapter the minimum to post as a story? thanks for the feedback

Understandable you don't want to spoil the whole plot, just something to keep in mind! As for your question, you can post a completed story if you're not breaking it into parts. Since your plot sounds like there will be several chapters, you can post your first chapter once you're done! Hope this answers your question!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 31, 2023
I am thinking of writing a story. But I do not know if I would start it off with the origin of the antagonist and why he is that he is or to just go into it later on in the story? Also is this the right thread to ask a question like this?

Back