• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Plot Bunny Thread

Is Fire Emblem: Conjoinst Souls something that you'd be interested in reading?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 26, 2017
I figured this place would be a great place to post my idea. It is a rewrite of the anime with one major plot twist: Ash's mom dies when he is a baby. Team Rocket killed her, but Ash was at the lab at that time. Oak then sends him to his brother at Mt. Silver. You may have heard of him. His name is Red.

So please tell me what you think about this. Thank you!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
I figured this place would be a great place to post my idea. It is a rewrite of the anime with one major plot twist: Ash's mom dies when he is a baby. Team Rocket killed her, but Ash was at the lab at that time. Oak then sends him to his brother at Mt. Silver. You may have heard of him. His name is Red.

So please tell me what you think about this. Thank you!

I have a few things to say.
First off, since this is a rewrite of the anime, Red shouldn't exist. He's from a completely different continuity.
Second, is there a reason Team Rocket would kill Ash's housewife mother?
Third, how much older is Red that he is off at a random mountain while his younger brother is with Oak?
Fourth, why would Red leave his (Supposedly) only other living relative to go to a random mountain?
Fifth, where was their father? Is he dead? Was he off at work?
Sixth, Why would Oak send Ash to find Red? Is there a purpose; does he know something about why their mother was killed but just didn't say anything for some reason?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 26, 2017
I have a few things to say.
First off, since this is a rewrite of the anime, Red shouldn't exist. He's from a completely different continuity.
Second, is there a reason Team Rocket would kill Ash's housewife mother?
Third, how much older is Red that he is off at a random mountain while his younger brother is with Oak?
Fourth, why would Red leave his (Supposedly) only other living relative to go to a random mountain?
Fifth, where was their father? Is he dead? Was he off at work?
Sixth, Why would Oak send Ash to find Red? Is there a purpose; does he know something about why their mother was killed but just didn't say anything for some reason?

First off, Ash is 6 months old, so Oak sends his Dragonite carrying Ash and a note, while Red is 13. Secondly, Giovanni resurrected Team Rocket, and kills Red's mother in revenge for making him disband it. Thirdly, Red went off to Mt. Silver to train, play Gen 2 if you didn't know. Fourthly, Red and Ash's father is a man who deserted the family, but decided to come back, glad of not having parental responsibilities, then leaves again when Ash is born. Watch the anime if you aren't sure if he has a father. HE DOESN'T. Fifthly, I just had the idea for a while and wondered how it would turn out. Now I know that people will just shoot me down if I put it in a forum. Well, haters gonna hate. I do understand, but I don't care about different universes, I just write down my ideas. That's how I roll.

Bay

Years
First off, Ash is 6 months old, so Oak sends his Dragonite carrying Ash and a note, while Red is 13. Secondly, Giovanni resurrected Team Rocket, and kills Red's mother in revenge for making him disband it. Thirdly, Red went off to Mt. Silver to train, play Gen 2 if you didn't know. Fourthly, Red and Ash's father is a man who deserted the family, but decided to come back, glad of not having parental responsibilities, then leaves again when Ash is born. Watch the anime if you aren't sure if he has a father. HE DOESN'T. Fifthly, I just had the idea for a while and wondered how it would turn out. Now I know that people will just shoot me down if I put it in a forum. Well, haters gonna hate. I do understand, but I don't care about different universes, I just write down my ideas. That's how I roll.

Shadowchaos did brought up some good points to think over, although you can always do an anime au where Red is featured (a what if scenario of sorts).

Besides that, you do have the beginnings of a premise here that has potential, though there are some things to think about.

-Will Red and Ash's father play a role?
-Wouldn't Oak be concern of Dragonite carrying baby Ash through the cold mountains? Perhaps Oak rode on Dragonite and had someone else watch over his lab for a while? This could make for an interesting Oak and Red scene.
-What happens after? Will this be Red watching over Ash for a while and then they go against Team Rocket together? Is this pretty much will be primarly Ash's journey the focus like the anime, and if so how will Red play a part?

You don't have to answer/reveal these right away, but something to consider when you start writing.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 26, 2017
Shadowchaos did brought up some good points to think over, although you can always do an anime au where Red is featured (a what if scenario of sorts).

Besides that, you do have the beginnings of a premise here that has potential, though there are some things to think about.

-Will Red and Ash's father play a role?
-Wouldn't Oak be concern of Dragonite carrying baby Ash through the cold mountains? Perhaps Oak rode on Dragonite and had someone else watch over his lab for a while? This could make for an interesting Oak and Red scene.
-What happens after? Will this be Red watching over Ash for a while and then they go against Team Rocket together? Is this pretty much will be primarly Ash's journey the focus like the anime, and if so how will Red play a part?

You don't have to answer/reveal these right away, but something to consider when you start writing.

I thank you for those questions and pointers, and I have a few answers. Their father WILL NOT play a role, but is mentioned a few times in bitterness. Red will raise Ash until he starts his journey, and will be his sponsor, if you don't know, it's who watches the extra Pokemon and gives them their Pokedex. It will primarily follow Ash, though once in a while I may switch to Red and Ash's Pokemon. I thank you for you pointing out those things.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Hello. I hope I am in the right thread. I saw lot of Pokémon fans to worry that Youkai Watch will become (or maybe even already is) more popular than Pokémon. However, that is when my idea came: what if those two franchises merged? So, I came with the idea of Keita, Whisper, Jibanyan and Hikikoumori (that shy bat-like Youkai who lives in Keita's wardrobe), to be somehow send to Kalos Region, where they will meet with Ash, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie. Ash will be able to see Youkais even without Watches, thanks to his Aura Guardian thing previously mentioned in anime, but none of his friends will. Soon, Keita and Ash will find there are Youkais in Pokémon World too and are causing problems.
I plan for this to be oneshot which will end with Keita returning back home, but I still don't have the end fully thought yet.
Also, I still try to think of a way for Keita to get to Pokémon World, which wouldn't be totally unbelievable. Should it be Youkai, Pokémon or some natuaral phenomenon like wormhole?

Also, I have to say that I am more comfortable with Japanese names for Youkai Watch characters and English names for Pokémon characters, but do you think it is such a good idea to mix them? Wouldn't that be too confusing?

Thanks for all reactions and advices.

Bay

Years
Hi, Horn! While I haven't watched the Pokemon anime in a while and haven't played Yokai Watch, that could make in interesting crossover. Onto your question what causes Keita to come to the Pokemon world, hm is there any Yokai that can do that? Otherwise, I guess you can use a legendary Pokemon like Giratina for that to happen.

Also, I have to say that I am more comfortable with Japanese names for Youkai Watch characters and English names for Pokémon characters, but do you think it is such a good idea to mix them? Wouldn't that be too confusing?

Personally I think go for English names for both Yokai and Pokemon characters so people don't get confused.

I don't have much more thoughts as I mentioned having not played the Yokai Watch games before. If someone did, though, and want to put in their thoughts then go for it!

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Thanks for your input. I too did not play Youkai Watch games yet, since they will not be released here until the end of April. But I watch Youkai Watch anime and that's where my problem with names came from, since I watch the anime subbed. While I saw some episodes dubbed, I am more familiar with Japanese names and with the way the characters comunicate with each other in Japanese version (from what I saw from Eglish dub, they especially changed the way Whisper and Jibanyan are talking and I must admit I prefer the way they talk in Japanese version). So, I don't know. I'll probably wait to see what others have to say about this.

As for Youkai that can send Keita to Pokémon World, I was thinking about using Ungaikyou (Mirepo in Eglish), which has ability to warp people from one place to another, but it has to be placed on both of such places. Plus, I can't come with believable way for Hikikoumori, who doesn't leave Keita's wardrobe, to be send anywhere by this Youkai.
Spoiler:

As for Pokémon, I am afraid Pokémon like Palkia or Giratina are too big to be used in Kaita's room, and thanks to the inclusion of aforementioned Hikikoumori, I need for Keita and the others to be send from his room. Now, maybe Hoopa could be an option, but would it be believable for Hoopa's rings to work outside of Pokémon World?

Also, I would like to know your opinion on the posibility and believability of Ash's Aura Guardian skill to allow him to see Youkais. Do you think it is plausible concept? Or sould I better go diferent way.

Bay

Years
Ah, okay. I haven't watched the anime version of Yokai Watch either, but you can always mention the crossover is the anime versions for both series.

As for Pokémon, I am afraid Pokémon like Palkia or Giratina are too big to be used in Kaita's room, and thanks to the inclusion of aforementioned Hikikoumori, I need for Keita and the others to be send from his room. Now, maybe Hoopa could be an option, but would it be believable for Hoopa's rings to work outside of Pokémon World?

I haven't gotten the chance to check out the Hoopa movie, but it could be plausible. I think it might be better having a Yokai do it, though.

Also, I would like to know your opinion on the posibility and believability of Ash's Aura Guardian skill to allow him to see Youkais. Do you think it is plausible concept? Or sould I better go diferent way.

It could be possible Ash's Aura Guardian skill could sense the Yokai, could be another interesting world building concept. I think that ability of his got shafted after the Diamond and Pearl series ended, lol.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
You are right, that Aura Guardian thing of Ash wasn't mentioned since Sinnoh and if I remember right, it wasn't even mentioned in that two-parter involving Riley, the only other confirmed living Aura Guardian in anime world.

As for the way for Keita getting to Pokémon world, well I decided to go with Hoopa, at least for now. If nothing else, it gave me time period in Pokémon anime canon, where this story will take place, as it now is dated shortly after the events of Hoopa movie. Thanks to this, I have definition of what Pokémon team Ash and Co. had back then, as well as in what state of character development they were. That makes further writing of this story a little easier, to be honest.

I am going to put the beginning of the story as I have it for now to the Share your writing thread, so decide for yourself. Thanks for your input so far. And sorry about the confusion, I thought it would be clear I am making Anime x Anime crossover, but obviously, I was wrong and should have wrote it in the first place.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Rebooting my Eric Damon series with a prequel that tells his origin story. When he's a baby.... His biological parents are killed when their small plane crashes near a remote island inhabited only by Pokémon. However, the protagonist miraculously survives in his cradle, and is raised by a pride of Litleo and Pyroar.

All I really need is a Pokémon to be a Shere Khan sort of villain.

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
Alright, so I've been developing this idea for a couple days and I figure it's at a decent enough stage for me to check in with some of the FF&W regulars to see if it's viable and would work.

So I frequent the RPT, and am currently GMing a Pokemon RP. The plot for the RP, for the most part, is planned out and this would act as a sequel to the events of the RP.
Spoiler:

Thought there'd be more to tell to be honest, but that's about all that needs to be said prior to the actual story

For anyone interested, here's the link to the RP that this would be a sequel of - Z: A Kalos Journey (OOC | IC)

Years
Hi, I've been having these ideas in my head for a while now. I was browsing the internet when I, out of curiosity typed in google, 'super strength Ash fanfiction'. From there, I learned that there were blogs talking about Ash's ' super strength'.

One of the comments mentioned that Ash must be an alien in disguise considering Ash threw a log. Yeah, there was a video of that. And he also carried a larvitar, threw primeape up and down and carried this pokemon that has hippo in it's name on top of his head.

My point is, what if Ash actually does have super strength? This lone wild card could change the whole interaction Ash has with others! He could be ostracized by the townspeople besides his mother and Professor Oak. He could have the most nastiest temper surpassing all bad tempered pokemon.

Or, he could be regular Ash who has godly strength which continues to grow as he gets older. And, since Ash has super strength, his pokemon has to train to get stronger so they won't be hurt by a simple flick of a finger. Ash could fling rocks at them too to help their training. Which means, training hard + super strength trainer = strong evolved pokemon!

What do you think? I don't know if this idea has been thought already but I just want to get this out of my head.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
I like the idea, but may I suggest you third variant? What about "Clark Kent" approach, where only few people (like Ash's mom and Professor Oak) know about Ash's powers, hiding it from everyone else, but once Ash will start his Pokémon Journey and start to travel with new friends, this hiding will be more and more difficult, not to mention he could hurt his Pokémon, if he misuse his power? Of course you could totally ignore my suggestion, I just think, knowing Ash's personality, this may work better then any of your variants. But of course, you could even change Ash's personality, but I don't think I would like to read such a story, sorry.

Years
I like the idea, but may I suggest you third variant? What about "Clark Kent" approach, where only few people (like Ash's mom and Professor Oak) know about Ash's powers, hiding it from everyone else, but once Ash will start his Pokémon Journey and start to travel with new friends, this hiding will be more and more difficult, not to mention he could hurt his Pokémon, if he misuse his power? Of course you could totally ignore my suggestion, I just think, knowing Ash's personality, this may work better then any of your variants. But of course, you could even change Ash's personality, but I don't think I would like to read such a story, sorry.

I'll take your advice to mind! It's just an idea that has been floating around. And it make sense for Ash to hide his powers too, or Gary would make his life harder and harsher than canon. Ash would be call a monster if he starts gallivanting his powers around town, not a good thing to do.

And this could be one of the road blocks he has to overcome in his journey. And to find people/pokemon who would accept him as he is and to try controlling his enormous strength.

Originally, it was supposed to be a gag story but with a dash of drama and hurt/comfort, this could be better. And we could see how Sabrina would react to Ash. Or the general population too.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
I've posted this before, but I'd like to mention it again.
I previously mentioned a story titled Pokémon Anthology, and another related story I wanted to write.
Said story is titled Pokémon Anthology: International Peace Corp, or IPC, taking place in a time before Pokémon Trainers. While watching an episode of an anime in which the main character write a light novel with is being considered for an anime, I got the idea to write IPC as a Light Novel.

Basically, the story would revolve around agents of the International Peace Corp, an organization that works to prevents war. The main characters would be people known as Philosophers, basically people who've gained the ability to use the same kind of attacks as Pokémon. A Pokémon is also one of these, but he has the ability to talk like a human.

Here is a synopsis and several terms important to the story for anyone who wants to read about them: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iwGqINENnWi9nLKIQ_l6MSPyckAkYG-WWldAu_ho53w

Now that I've explained the story, I would like to ask a question. Assuming the story comes out good, would it be worth attempting to get published? I'm 99.9% sure it would involve contacting, or at least trying to contact, Gamefreak and Nintendo. Would it be worth a shot, or something that shouldn't be considered at all?

Bay

Years
Shak:

Spoiler:

I'll put this in spoilers since you did yours for your plot.

Spoiler:

Edhea Edheart: Horn brought up a good point with dealing Ash's powers similar to Clark Kent, so that could work. One thing I'm wondering is will you have Team Rocket and/other evil teams find out about his powers too, and if so how will you approach that? Will the evil teams want to use him for their gain, that kind of thing. You don't have to answer that right away, but something to consider if you want more conflict.

Shadowchaos1010:
Now that I've explained the story, I would like to ask a question. Assuming the story comes out good, would it be worth attempting to get published? I'm 99.9% sure it would involve contacting, or at least trying to contact, Gamefreak and Nintendo. Would it be worth a shot, or something that shouldn't be considered at all?

I apologize for not going over your plot bunny as I haven't look through it carefully yet, but you mentioned that and I thought I should respond. I personally strongly against doing that as I think both companies can be harsh if you're trying to self-publish and then trying to sell it. I'm also pretty sure it would be illegal that way too due to complicated copyright laws. You can still like post your story here, ffnet, and such as you're not making profit. If making profit isn't your intention, though, then I apologize.

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
Shak:

I'll put this in spoilers since you did yours for your plot.

Spoiler:

Haha, it being pokemon is no excuse, of course I have a plan for that ;) I may or may not have only got an idea for it yesterday
So my plan for that was something ridiculous, like "They were born during some war between Yyvetal and Xerneas, where Zygarde stepped in, and so "they were created(Xerneas) to destroy(Yyvetal) something that would eventually bring order(Zygarde) back to the world". It's cheesy, but it's the best I got for now. There will be a lot more to the plan of course, but thats the main idea behind why it will be them. Plus they'll have to beat the champions before they can go take them on anyway, so there's also that.

Team Cinder weren't necessarily stopped before, they were just slowed down, I guess. It took more than 9 trainers to do it, but those 9 would be the 9 main characters from the RP, since this is a sequel to that. Team Cinder are basically a much more ruthless reincarnation of Team Flare tbh

Years
[B said:
Edhea Edheart: [/B] Horn brought up a good point with dealing Ash's powers similar to Clark Kent, so that could work. One thing I'm wondering is will you have Team Rocket and/other evil teams find out about his powers too, and if so how will you approach that? Will the evil teams want to use him for their gain, that kind of thing. You don't have to answer that right away, but something to consider if you want more conflict.

I did think of Team Rocket but the comedy-kind of way. Jessie, James and Meowth has superhuman endurance and thus, they barely feel pain. Meeting Ash however, changes their lives in not only seeing a strong Pikachu but also witnessing Ash's strength.

Yeah, it sucks. I didn't think of anything to add drama or conflict for this idea because my heart can't handle intense situations. Like reading angst fanfic, for example. But it doesn't mean I will not consider, though.

Anyways, as for other evil teams... they already have the tools to control Legendary pokemon so I don't think so. And I don't think Ash's powers would reach them considering they are too busy with the Legends. Maybe Team Rocket is the only team that would do something since Ash frequently meets their members(Jessie, James, Meowth and Cassidy, Butch)

I don't know... I haven't think this deeply yet.

Bay

Years
I did think of Team Rocket but the comedy-kind of way. Jessie, James and Meowth has superhuman endurance and thus, they barely feel pain. Meeting Ash however, changes their lives in not only seeing a strong Pikachu but also witnessing Ash's strength.

Yeah, it sucks. I didn't think of anything to add drama or conflict for this idea because my heart can't handle intense situations. Like reading angst fanfic, for example. But it doesn't mean I will not consider, though.

Oh by conflict I don't mean it has to be intense. Just some challenges, particularly an antagonist or some antagonists, Ash will be dealing with along the way. Having Jessie, James, and Meowth as their comedic selves is totally fine. The anime is more or less lighthearted saved for certain situations so it should be fine. You're probably right the other teams will set their sights on the legendaries. I apologize if my mention of conflict confused you.

Back