• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Biggest disappointment you've encountered

4O4

Error 4O4
Years
  • I feel that they should of added more Pokémon. Especially some from Diamond and Pearl. Add the Legendaries from past Pokémon games aswell and have some of them Mega Evolve. They should of added more islands and places to go. I am not to crazy about the 3 new legendaries that come out on the 22nd (from the current pictures.). I feel they could make them look fierce and the fairy one a little cuter but they don't even feel like legendaries in my opinion.

Years
  • I wish there were more powerful trainers to battle (and trainer re-matches, though feel free to correct me if I missed something). I'm also a bit disappointed by lack of variety in post-game gameplay, though ironically enough I've clocked over 90 hours in this game from wonder trading, breeding, etc.

Quinn

Shall we get down to business?
    Years
  • After playing this a little bit the thing that is disappointing to me is the lack of animation of the pokemon. I was thinking they would be jumping and hitting each other.

Is there anything youve encountered that was disappointing

I know what you mean i mean i was like Whoa for tackle Baulbasaur uses its Vines! i wounder what vine wip looks like.... it doesn't even move, or the fact they will use a move like bite and they punch them with there hands.

I can live with the pore animations though, for me it was the fact that it was so easy... i mean pokemon games have never been hard but this was a step below easy, i didn't heal for the elite four, took all the gym leaders out while being 5 lvl below them, and the last gym the leader flat out tells you you'll wipe the floor with him.

Last edited:

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • No real postgame, only a little side story wich doesn't even give you anything or unlocks something new.
    Pokemon bank is december 22nd.
    Ai partner in battle maision sometimes makes huge blunders wich will cost you the match.
    AND NO hidden power fairy...

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • Now that I've finished the game, one of the biggest disappointments for me was how little there is to do after game. There aren't too many legendaries to find (Which was a shame for me after how many legends there were in BW2) and there just isn't much else to explore besides one town. After the amazing after game in BW2, I was really taken back when I finished most of the XY after game in a few hours.

Years
  • The "Haunted House" was probably the most disappointing moment for me.... I mean, really!? After there were such creepy things like N's room in Black and White as well! >.<

jollyninetails

Emperor of Scandinavia
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2014
    Not beingable to ride pokemon all over instead of bike or rollerskates, I actually beleved one could.
    One passes a ryhorn/pokemon racing track but cant race there. Nor can you enter it.
    The seemingly less number of hidden places like grottos.
    I miss the soda vendors from black and white.
    Seemingly plothooks that aint. The editor of pokemon news magazine. (It is just like Rune in skyrim all over again!)

My seven year old daugther wishes we could "LAN" pokemon togeather.xD

Less annoyansess.
    I wish there were more options in the clothes stores and heardressers and more than 2 types of facial hair. Im skinheaded with a goatee. And why cant the avatar remove his hat?

Im not a hardcore pokemon player i just picked it up during last year and got hooked.

Somma

The PokéGambler
    Years
  • The lack of fashion choices and hairstyles, especially for guys :l ... Like come on. More clothes & styles plox.

I was also disappointed about the Battle Maison and lack of things to do post-game, though everything else is perfect to me... WAIT NO! THE RIVALS! I hated them so much, they weren't as awesome as other rivals from previous games. These kids were just plain annoying.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • - The rivals are really annoying. I don't understand why we have to have four of them. And even then, the main rival is really...pretentious? It bugs me.
    - The replay value isn't there for me. I'm usually itching to restart my game to go through the region again, but XY don't have that for me. This could be a problem, since I like to do my challenges on the most recent game.
    - Wish I could use the joystick just to run, not skate. Sometimes I don't wanna skate, game. u feel me??

Other than that, I really love the games.

Years
  • AND NO hidden power fairy...

That's because they are still using the same IV mechanics from past generations to determine the type of the move, and since Fairy-type didn't exist back then it can't be a possible Hidden Power type due to the IV mechanics. The only change was they made the move always have 60 Base Power.

As for my own disappointments, the fact that it's hard to get certain evolution stones without doing the whole Super Training thing, and I heard it's kinda hard for those left-handed players out there. Also, the fact that money farming isn't as easy as it was in 5th Gen. I have to money farm a lot if I want to buy all the clothes for my character, but the only thing I could do was battling trainers hidden in Lumiose City as well as Calem in Kiloude City.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The biggest disappointment to in me in X and Y is the absolutely appaling lack of post-game content.

Game Freak, post-game content, and lots of it, is a good thing. Stop being so damn inconsistent about it! I want to have the PWT and PokeStar Studios in Gen 6.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • I found a new disappointment in the post-game... The Battle Maison is nothing but a mere copy/paste of data from the Battle Subway with the normal lines modified to replace some of the Unova Pokemon with the Pokemon available in the game and there's still not enough Pokemon in there to keep battles interesting... I want to see Pokemon such as the starters, Hypno, etc. The Super Line means nothing. They may have changed movesets and items on several Pokemon but it's still like you're doing the Battle Subway again. I noticed it when I compared the Partner AI Pokemon to the Subway Pokemon list.

But Triple/Rotation battles are cool additions and should've been at the Battle Subway in the first place.

Another disappointment, no advanced move tutors but they're the first Gen VI games so I can't expect GF to put move tutors for Iron Head, Low Kick, Seed Bomb, elemental punches etc. in X & Y. Hopefully the third version or the remake of a previous generation.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    I initially really disliked horde battles because of how tedious it was battling in them while playing through the games (since my Pokemon did not have moves such as Surf or Earthquake till later on in the game), but after finding out how useful they are for EV training, I love them! :P

One thing that I am majorly disappointed in is the lack of online co-op in the Battle Maison. Somehow I was under the impression that they brought back online co-op and was about to play it with a friend, until I found out the truth. :/ It is something that I never understood why they never brought back from the 4th gen games. One point that can think of for it being taken out is the lack of communication you have with your partner if you're not using voice chat, but I don't think that is a good enough reason to take the feature off altogether. :/

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    I'm disappointed in the lack of information displayed for each pokemon AGAIN in the GTS. Come on game freak, this is effectively your 3rd go at it. At least show us the nature and ability of the pokemon we are trading with. Plus, it'll end a lot of those scammers telling you they have desirable traits, thus resulting in happier users!

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • As for my own disappointments, the fact that it's hard to get certain evolution stones without doing the whole Super Training thing, and I heard it's kinda hard for those left-handed players out there. Also, the fact that money farming isn't as easy as it was in 5th Gen. I have to money farm a lot if I want to buy all the clothes for my character, but the only thing I could do was battling trainers hidden in Lumiose City as well as Calem in Kiloude City.
    Amulet Coin + the battle place on Route 7 (I always forget if it's the Maison or Chateu) is a great way to make money. If you remember to send a certain writ out in the morning, then affluent trainers start showing up that have even MORE money :)

I finally got a Meowth from the GTS last night. I am going to level her up to 100 and sweep the place with Pay Day, while holding Amulet Coin #livingthedream

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2017
    One thing I found a bit annoying was towards the end of the game when fighting the last couple of gym leaders and the elite four, I would choose to use a Pokemon specifically because they have a type advantage, but then the opponent always ends up using a move that is super effective against my Pokemon. Kind of defeats the object of the type advantages.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • One thing I found a bit annoying was towards the end of the game when fighting the last couple of gym leaders and the elite four, I would choose to use a Pokemon specifically because they have a type advantage, but then the opponent always ends up using a move that is super effective against my Pokemon. Kind of defeats the object of the type advantages.
    I hated that as well... Dragalge with it's Poison attacks! So much for Fairy-type :)

Back