• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Really? $700-800 for a non 1st edition? The only reason I went with Beckett is because they're local and didn't have to deal with shipping and insurance. I do like their sub grades though. According to their population report it's the only shadowless charizard they've graded a 9.5

Well it's more a matter that a lot of sold auctions on eBay showed up for non-PSA graded cards that went for anywhere between $180 and $350, with a couple lower graded ones slotting in both the range you stated and slightly higher than that. It's also a best guess as I'm doing this as a hobbyist who wants to keep in tune with card values rather than as a professional (my day job that pays all my bills is an IT job).

Charizard is also an INSANELY popular Pokémon. Most of its cards are overvalued on the market compared to similar cards featuring different Pokemon, no matter which era the Charizard card is from, simply because Charizard is the Pokémon on the card.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    Thanks for the replies! I'll be putting it up for auction on eBay soon, excited to see how it does!

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    Just found these cards?

Just found these old cards I have and was wondering if they're worth anything as a job lot? You guys seem to be pretty knowledgable on all things Pokemon related and I was hoping I could maybe get a figure on all of these? Thanks

If this is im the wrong thread then please move to the right one, thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0906.jpg
      IMG_0906.jpg
      951.5 KB · Views: 7
    • IMG_0907.jpg
      IMG_0907.jpg
      968.2 KB · Views: 8
    • IMG_0908.jpg
      IMG_0908.jpg
      1,000.3 KB · Views: 6
    • IMG_0909.jpg
      IMG_0909.jpg
      928.1 KB · Views: 4
    • IMG_0905.jpg
      IMG_0905.jpg
      919.4 KB · Views: 12
    • IMG_0910.jpg
      IMG_0910.jpg
      976.3 KB · Views: 4
    • IMG_0911.jpg
      IMG_0911.jpg
      961.4 KB · Views: 5
    • IMG_0912.jpg
      IMG_0912.jpg
      977.5 KB · Views: 3
    • IMG_0913.jpg
      IMG_0913.jpg
      1,010.6 KB · Views: 3
    • IMG_0915.jpg
      IMG_0915.jpg
      1,007.4 KB · Views: 2
    • IMG_0918.jpg
      IMG_0918.jpg
      996.3 KB · Views: 3
    • IMG_0916.jpg
      IMG_0916.jpg
      984.6 KB · Views: 3
    • IMG_0917.jpg
      IMG_0917.jpg
      943.1 KB · Views: 2
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2016
    ebay.co.uk/itm/191948734308?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

How much should I at least get 50 dollars? or should i sell for less? :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2016
    Hi, a friend gave me this card 10+ years ago for my birthday. I don't know much about it, besides the fact that the card, a Shining Charizard 1st Edition, is in French. I'm not sure of its rarity or value but they seem to be going for a good amount of money on eBay in some cases.
    From my research it is part of the Neo Destiny expansion. It has a number 107/105. Anyone know value/if it is worth sending to a grading company? Thanks!

Attachments

• THsQ0JS.jpg
      THsQ0JS.jpg
      553.9 KB · Views: 10
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2016
    Wheezing it is a black dot and the number is 109 hp 50 Lviv 13 attack 10 and then slowpoke black dot 079 double star?? And hp 50 and Lviv 20 and normal attack ten and special attack ten plus

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2024
    Hey, got about 700 cards all together and a few that have caught my eye that I need help pricing with -

Top and Bottom Kyogre + Groudon Legends
    Bottom of the Suicune and Raikou Legend
    Bottom of the Suicune and Entei Legend
    Holo 6/165 Charizard
    84/95 Crobat
    Holo 14/102 Raichu
    Holo 10/105 Dark Typhlosion
    Holo 12/105 Light Arcanine
    Holo 3/64 Flareon
    Holo 6/100 Jolteon
    2 Holo 12/64 Vaporeons
    A 5/100 Glaceon that doesn't look Holo but I can't find any non holo versions of the card
    A like double holo eevee? Art is holo but parts of outside are holo. 54/144
    Holo 22/109 Sharpedo
    Reverse Holo 37/106 Floatzel
    Reverse Holo/Foil 36/110 Arcanine
    A Holo Steel Energy with no collector's number or symbols
    110/123 Typhlosion
    106/110 Gallade X
    85/95 Kingdra
    144/146 Mewtwo X
    And a Holo 116/123 Fire Energy
    Yeah, that's about it for all the cards that really catch my eye, thinking of selling all the other cheaper ones in bulk. Thanks for anyone who can help me out with pricing :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Hey i was wondering what is the most i could get for my japanese holofoil blaines charizard pocket monster card in mint condition? Its also encased in a very thick, solid and quite heavy hard plastic case. Imgoing to try to attach a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_20160901_021938.jpg
      IMG_20160901_021938.jpg
      201.1 KB · Views: 4
    • IMG_20160901_022002.jpg
      IMG_20160901_022002.jpg
      177 KB · Views: 1
    • IMG_20160901_021854.jpg
      IMG_20160901_021854.jpg
      185.7 KB · Views: 1
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016
    20160901_062821.jpg

Hi all!
    Does anyone what my MCharizard EX is worth?
    Also, it seems to be a misprint. It says evolves from Gyarados EX.

Trainer Roux

The next champion of Alola
    Years
  • M3EiRh9.jpg

I have these two misprint cards and I have successfully found information regarding the Vaporeon one, but I have no idea about the Lapras one from the platinum expansion set, #79/127. It's Ice Beam is misspelled, making it "Lce Beam" and the description for the move spells Pokémon "Pok é mon". I have found nothing about the card except a single forum post on a different site, but no one knew anything there either, so I'll try my luck here.

Years
  • Hello! I found my old collection of pokemon cards recently while moving and (after closely reviewing the info already in this thread, which was extremely helpful) was wondering if I could get someone's opinion about two of them.

Both are in Japanese, which has made finding info a bit harder.

1. Mew
    Fossil set
    There is no collector's number, only "No.151"
    It appears to be this card, although the image has shiny holofoil on it: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mew_(Wizards_Promo_8)
    There is a weird Zubat symbol in a square on the back, although it honestly looks like a sticker someone stuck on there (which I'm sure would only add to the value lol)

2. Charizard
    No set that I can find? I think it might be from the Base set.
    There is no collector's number, only "No. 006"
    If it is from the base set, it has a shadow around the box.
    I THINK it's this card with the redrawn art by Mitsuhiro Arita: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Charizard_(Base_Set_4)

I have some photos of the front and backs:
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/d25d9a94322fbfe0d79388f1165e82b6/tumblr_oda468Pvzy1s5q521o1_1280.jpg
    https://67.media.tumblr.com/63624e1955148117a8f31b2bbc35ae16/tumblr_oda468Pvzy1s5q521o2_1280.jpg

Thank you very much!

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
    Years

• Both are fake I'm afraid. Whilst spelling mistakes are known, the fact the printing quality is low and energy symbols are blown on both cards give it away.

Hello! I found my old collection of pokemon cards recently while moving and (after closely reviewing the info already in this thread, which was extremely helpful) was wondering if I could get someone's opinion about two of them.

Both are in Japanese, which has made finding info a bit harder.

1. Mew
    Fossil set
    There is no collector's number, only "No.151"
    It appears to be this card, although the image has shiny holofoil on it: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mew_(Wizards_Promo_8)
    There is a weird Zubat symbol in a square on the back, although it honestly looks like a sticker someone stuck on there (which I'm sure would only add to the value lol)

2. Charizard
    No set that I can find? I think it might be from the Base set.
    There is no collector's number, only "No. 006"
    If it is from the base set, it has a shadow around the box.
    I THINK it's this card with the redrawn art by Mitsuhiro Arita: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Charizard_(Base_Set_4)

I have some photos of the front and backs:
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/d25d9a94322fbfe0d79388f1165e82b6/tumblr_oda468Pvzy1s5q521o1_1280.jpg
    https://67.media.tumblr.com/63624e1955148117a8f31b2bbc35ae16/tumblr_oda468Pvzy1s5q521o2_1280.jpg

Thank you very much!

There's nothing special about the cards-the numbers are how they are printed on older Japanese cards, they don't have what English ones have such as 34/106.

Though interesting if that Charizard had no rarity (so no star) it'd be worth almost double of it's value

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2016
    Hi. I'm new here and was just wondering about this one card that seems a bit odd from the regular ones that look just like it. It is Shiny when it is not supposed to be. I've searched the web for the exact same card but I can't find it. I can only find the common version of it. Now that I have said this I can tell what card it is and maybe even upload a pic here if possible?

1. Pikachu Lv.12
    2. Supreme victors - Platinum 2009
    3. 120/147 and a black circle like the common one
    4. I call it half holo. Since it doesn't have the stars in it's holo only the shininess of a mirror in the background of the landscape in Pikachus cheeks and mouth.

Finally I can put some pic links here:

So I don't know if this card is like the rest of them but as far as I have seen the other cards on the internet don't have this shininess on the drawing(not reverse), they all seem as a matte drawing. Can someone please help. Maybe this is some kind of a misprint? I bought the booster pack from a Toys'R'Us store and those probably aren't fake then.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2016
    Shadowless
    Sandshrew base set 62/102
    Pikachu red cheek base set 58/102
    Caterpie base set 45/102
    Kadabra base set 32/102
    Gastly base set 50/102

Holos
    Snorlax jungle set(flower?)
    Kangaskhan jungle?
    Raichu fossil
    Mew two base set
    Alakazam base set
    Dark slowbro big capital R?
    Zapdos fossil
    Magneton base set
    Kabutops fossil
    Hitmonchan base set
    1st edition Mac champ base set
    Gyarados base
    Vaporeon jungle?
    Scyther jungle
    Nidoking base set
    Nine tails base set
    Moltres fossil

1st editions
    Paris jungle
    Butterfree jungle
    Bellsprout jungle
    Venomoth jungle
    Elans R
    Goldeen jungle
    Mankey jungle
    Primeape jingle
    Rhydon jungle
    Diglett R
    Spearow jungle
    Jihglypuff jungle
    Persian jingle
    Meowth jungle

Odd to me
    Reverse holiday onyx trainer?
    Various promo cards

I understand most of these are worthless and it takes time to share knowledge. If you know a card is worthless feel free to skip.

Also how do would I begin accessing value of trainer cards. I assumed those were worthless until i read something here.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2016
    Hi everyone! I was pricing my cards on the Pokemon Prices site, and I came across several of my cards that may be misprints. They're listed as "holo" or "rare holo," but my cards are not holographic. I'm wondering if this means they are either misprints worth more, or fakes (I'm not willing to ruin their mint conditions by trying to rip one and see the card quality -- they've been sitting in a binder untouched in card sleeves since the early 2000s and all are entirely mint). Cards are as follows:

Pidgeot - Jungle 26/64
    Gengar - Fossil 20/62 - First Edition
    Hitmonlee - Fossil 22/62 - First Edition
    Mr. Mime - Basic Set 2 27/130
    Flareon - Jungle 19/64

I've got a couple more questions but I'll wait for an answer on these before overloading those of you superstars willing to do all the research I don't know how to do. Thanks so much!!

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2016
    Hey, I was looking through my old Pokemon cards and I found...
    three Charmeleon - Base Set 24/102 - 1995 cards.

I'm not sure if it's shadowless or not, but the copyright is 1995, 96, 98 Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK. 1999 Wizards. Next to the 24/102 is a filled in black diamond. How much is this worth in good quality? Thanks!

Years
  • Hi. I'm new here and was just wondering about this one card that seems a bit odd from the regular ones that look just like it. It is Shiny when it is not supposed to be. I've searched the web for the exact same card but I can't find it. I can only find the common version of it. Now that I have said this I can tell what card it is and maybe even upload a pic here if possible?

1. Pikachu Lv.12
    2. Supreme victors - Platinum 2009
    3. 120/147 and a black circle like the common one
    4. I call it half holo. Since it doesn't have the stars in it's holo only the shininess of a mirror in the background of the landscape in Pikachus cheeks and mouth.

Finally I can put some pic links here:

So I don't know if this card is like the rest of them but as far as I have seen the other cards on the internet don't have this shininess on the drawing(not reverse), they all seem as a matte drawing. Can someone please help. Maybe this is some kind of a misprint? I bought the booster pack from a Toys'R'Us store and those probably aren't fake then.

That particular copy looks like a fake to me. "Pokemon" in the info bar below the picture lacks the "é" that it's supposed to have on every Pokémon card. Oh, and the HP and the attack damage numbers aren't bolded. That's just the stuff that stands out to me at a glance.

Shadowless
    Sandshrew base set 62/102
    Pikachu red cheek base set 58/102
    Caterpie base set 45/102
    Kadabra base set 32/102
    Gastly base set 50/102

Holos
    Snorlax jungle set(flower?)
    Kangaskhan jungle?
    Raichu fossil
    Mew two base set
    Alakazam base set
    Dark slowbro big capital R?
    Zapdos fossil
    Magneton base set
    Kabutops fossil
    Hitmonchan base set
    1st edition Mac champ base set
    Gyarados base
    Vaporeon jungle?
    Scyther jungle
    Nidoking base set
    Nine tails base set
    Moltres fossil

1st editions
    Paris jungle
    Butterfree jungle
    Bellsprout jungle
    Venomoth jungle
    Elans R
    Goldeen jungle
    Mankey jungle
    Primeape jingle
    Rhydon jungle
    Diglett R
    Spearow jungle
    Jihglypuff jungle
    Persian jingle
    Meowth jungle

Odd to me
    Reverse holiday onyx trainer?
    Various promo cards

I understand most of these are worthless and it takes time to share knowledge. If you know a card is worthless feel free to skip.

Also how do would I begin accessing value of trainer cards. I assumed those were worthless until i read something here.

Too many cards at once, man. Limit is 4 or 5.

Hi everyone! I was pricing my cards on the Pokemon Prices site, and I came across several of my cards that may be misprints. They're listed as "holo" or "rare holo," but my cards are not holographic. I'm wondering if this means they are either misprints worth more, or fakes (I'm not willing to ruin their mint conditions by trying to rip one and see the card quality -- they've been sitting in a binder untouched in card sleeves since the early 2000s and all are entirely mint). Cards are as follows:

Pidgeot - Jungle 26/64
    Gengar - Fossil 20/62 - First Edition
    Hitmonlee - Fossil 22/62 - First Edition
    Mr. Mime - Basic Set 2 27/130
    Flareon - Jungle 19/64

I've got a couple more questions but I'll wait for an answer on these before overloading those of you superstars willing to do all the research I don't know how to do. Thanks so much!!

Pidgeot: $1 to $3.
    Gengar: $5 to $7.
    Hitmonlee $3 to $5.
    Mr. Mime $1 to $3.
    Flareon $1 to $3.

Hey, I was looking through my old Pokemon cards and I found...
    three Charmeleon - Base Set 24/102 - 1995 cards.

I'm not sure if it's shadowless or not, but the copyright is 1995, 96, 98 Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK. 1999 Wizards. Next to the 24/102 is a filled in black diamond. How much is this worth in good quality? Thanks!

Probably $0.50 to $1.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    Hi there,
    Ive kept all of my pokemon sets from since i was a kid and was wondering if you could help me. I want to sell them as they are just taking up space in my room and should be appreciated by someone who collects. I have a 1st edition machamp in original packet never opened and there is 2 cards in it. Also ihave full sets of the originals and a few more things. Where would i look at finding a buyer?
    Thanks

AleXShi1

Keep it real
    Years
  • Hey so I was checking my old pokemon cards and I came across my 1st pokemon card at perfect condition and i was wondering what is worth.

180px-NidokingAquapolis24.jpg

Also got a perfect condition raikou and suicune legend

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back