• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2016
    Hello.
    Ive never been here before so sorry if ive put this in the wrong place.
    i was wondering if anybody had a typical idea of the value of the original 150 wizards of the coast card collection. There is printing errors galore and it features some 1st editions too. Its hard to judge elsewhere as apparently charmeleons somewhere for 3000 and 1st edition machamp upto 1000 any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Years
    Hello.
    Ive never been here before so sorry if ive put this in the wrong place.
    i was wondering if anybody had a typical idea of the value of the original 150 wizards of the coast card collection. There is printing errors galore and it features some 1st editions too. Its hard to judge elsewhere as apparently charmeleons somewhere for 3000 and 1st edition machamp upto 1000 any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

What currency are those prices in? British Pounds? US Dollars? Australian Dollars? Euros? Those numbers are dead wrong if those claimed prices in any of the 4 currencies I listed. Those all started from some people who thought it'd be funny to troll people by making videos featuring cards that were actually very common and slapping some crazy high dollar value on them.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2016
    I need to know the value of three cards , I have three japanese pocket monster full holo cards , zubat, electrode, and meowth

Attachments

• Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]
      20161104_134834.jpg
      194.8 KB · Views: 10
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    Hello,

Not sure whether I have the right thread to post on. I've just had a look through my old pokemon card collection and I came across a really strange card. It's a Jynx card that has apparently evolved from Eevee and has 850hp. I think the card is supposed to be Vaporeon as it is printed on a water card and mentions vaporeon there times - at the top, in the moves section, and at the bottom.
    I think it's part of the southern islands collection. The numbers in the bottom right are 28/64 and there's a black star there too.
    Any idea if this is rare or not and how much it's worth?
    Thanks a lot!
    Link to image

It could be fake though. I mean 850 HP?! Seems a bit odd

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    I need to know the value of three cards , I have three japanese pocket monster full holo cards , zubat, electrode, and meowth

Unfortunately, all 3 of those are counterfeits/fakes. The biggest visual giveaways are the super thick borders that are on both the top and bottom of the cards, as well as the fact that all 3 of those cards are holo all over. None of those 3 cards had a holo version at all, in fact.

Hello,

Not sure whether I have the right thread to post on. I've just had a look through my old pokemon card collection and I came across a really strange card. It's a Jynx card that has apparently evolved from Eevee and has 850hp. I think the card is supposed to be Vaporeon as it is printed on a water card and mentions vaporeon there times - at the top, in the moves section, and at the bottom.
    I think it's part of the southern islands collection. The numbers in the bottom right are 28/64 and there's a black star there too.
    Any idea if this is rare or not and how much it's worth?
    Thanks a lot!
    Link to image

Replied to the thread you had posted regarding this card already with my answer.

So probably one of the dumbest requests on here, so apologies in advance in case I wasted anyone's time. Nobody can give me a straight answer though :P

I've got a base set holofoil Charizard that's in really good condition. Super minor wear at the top (Barely noticeable) and a tiny crease in one of the corners. (Wouldn't have noticed it without a magnifying glass) It is not shadowless or first edition. Collector's number is 4/102,

Image:
    Spoiler:

You mean the crease on the top right corner that I can see in that photo?

I'd say that's worth $10 to $15, based on what the last 3 Charizard cards of that type went for on eBay (at least, the last 3 that I didn't think were overpays by the buyer), which was $25, $30, and $40.

Anyone know how much this misprint could be worth? The "Nintendo" has a misprint.Thanks.

View attachment 80444

Couldn't tell you without knowing which card it's from.

TequitoClown

Swim swim. Swim sw- Tentacool
    Years
    You mean the crease on the top right corner that I can see in that photo?

I'd say that's worth $10 to $15, based on what the last 3 Charizard cards of that type went for on eBay (at least, the last 3 that I didn't think were overpays by the buyer), which was $25, $30, and $40.

That's actually where it's in two card sleeves, not a crease lol.
    Was hoping it'd be a bit more than that haha. Thanks though!

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2016
    I have 3 more cards I need help with , 1 staryu that looks fake, and 2 slowpokes with miki takano as the illustraters name, which I think is either an error or fake but I'm not sure , also if there real how much are they worth?

Attachments

14786279199331795632886.jpg
      169.6 KB · Views: 4
      14786279922921365350127.jpg
      131.8 KB · Views: 6
      1478627973733385569646.jpg
      162.9 KB · Views: 1
    Years
    I have 3 more cards I need help with , 1 staryu that looks fake, and 2 slowpokes with miki takano as the illustraters name, which I think is either an error or fake but I'm not sure , also if there real how much are they worth?

The pictures are extremely blurry, but as best as I can tell, neither of those are fakes. They're the real deal.

Slowpoke is worth somewhere between $0.10 and $0.25, as it's a common with no errors (Miki Takano is the correct illustrator for that Slowpoke card).

Staryu isn't exactly an error or a fake, either, but it's also a bit more unique than Slowpoke. It's a Shadowless Unlimited print Base Set card. That could fetch anywhere between $0.25 and $0.50 depending on who is buying, if it's in perfect condition. However, from what I can tell, yours is not, so I'd still peg it between $0.10 and $0.25 for its value.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2017
    HEY EVERYONE,I AM NOT ALLOWED TO POST LINKS BEFORE I POST 5 TIMES SO YOU HAVE TO JUST PUT h BEFORE EVERY LINK(I WAS TOO LAZY TO POST SOMETHING 5 TIMES
    ttp://imgur.com/RDyp92h
    ttp://imgur.com/LJAf1oL
    ttp://imgur.com/qs8qYfW
    ttp://imgur.com/Pfb924d
    ttp://imgur.com/cEW3tnz
    ttp://imgur.com/YZgvdmi
    ttp://imgur.com/hAOGdws
    ttp://imgur.com/cJZg2Ag
    ttp://imgur.com/gSANmoM
    ttp://imgur.com/bpbVFMZ
    ttp://imgur.com/aYRAl0R
    Can anyone tell my how much is this deck worth and if you can value each card one by one

Years
    HEY EVERYONE,I AM NOT ALLOWED TO POST LINKS BEFORE I POST 5 TIMES SO YOU HAVE TO JUST PUT h BEFORE EVERY LINK(I WAS TOO LAZY TO POST SOMETHING 5 TIMES
    ttp://imgur.com/RDyp92h
    ttp://imgur.com/LJAf1oL
    ttp://imgur.com/qs8qYfW
    ttp://imgur.com/Pfb924d
    ttp://imgur.com/cEW3tnz
    ttp://imgur.com/YZgvdmi
    ttp://imgur.com/hAOGdws
    ttp://imgur.com/cJZg2Ag
    ttp://imgur.com/gSANmoM
    ttp://imgur.com/bpbVFMZ
    ttp://imgur.com/aYRAl0R
    Can anyone tell my how much is this deck worth and if you can value each card one by one

I'll take a look at these when it's not 12:20 in the morning, but just a glance at a couple of your pics seems to indicate that they're not in the best of condition, so don't expect many to be worth anything significant.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2016
    I'm looking for the value (in any currency, preferably in GBP) of my Pokemon Cards.

Here are the pictures:

Spoiler:

Thanks. Not that great with all the card terminology so I decided to just attach pictures. If you could point out the more valuable ones and the prices of them indivdually that would be much appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2017
    I'll take a look at these when it's not 12:20 in the morning, but just a glance at a couple of your pics seems to indicate that they're not in the best of condition, so don't expect many to be worth anything significant.
    I know that they arent really in best condition because they are quite old as you can see,most of them are pokemon from first generation,and It wasnt 12:20 in the morning where I live so sorry for that.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Hello, I don't really understand cards so here are pictures: ttp://imgur.com/t2c9jrG and ttp://imgur.com/HsmX772 thanks for every info
    Btw there is H missing in very link because of 5 months waiting time. Sorry

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    They were in british pounds though it was too good to be true.

Is it from that stupid viral video that was doing the rounds around Facebook? That video is a lie mate, they're not worth anything close to that

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2016
    Complete neo discovery set all 1st edition, complete neo revelation set all 1st edition, complete neo genesis only some 1st editions like 4/5 holos and 20 commons/uncommons!

all cards are pack fresh.

when there is time, I am trying to get a ball park idea on selling over 3,000 holo's base set - neo destiny, have all the complete sets plus tons of duplicates, also over 400 early promos and Japanese promos. if someone wants to take the time out of their busy schedule to price a list of cards I send them I would really appreciate it!

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Complete neo discovery set all 1st edition, complete neo revelation set all 1st edition, complete neo genesis only some 1st editions like 4/5 holos and 20 commons/uncommons!

all cards are pack fresh.

when there is time, I am trying to get a ball park idea on selling over 3,000 holo's base set - neo destiny, have all the complete sets plus tons of duplicates, also over 400 early promos and Japanese promos. if someone wants to take the time out of their busy schedule to price a list of cards I send them I would really appreciate it!

I don't mean to be rude but there is no way that someone here will have time to research prices for over 4,000 cards for you. Contacting a collectibles appraisal service is your best bet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back