• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Emerald Green(RM2K3 Style!)

Latios184

Sonic/Pokemon Lover
Years
  • I'm making a new game called Pokemon Emerald Green. It's in its early stages, so don't ask if it's up yet. I need a screenshot program if I'm gonna show you the game a bit. I am giving credit to Darkmage 31(Since I'm using chipsets and stuff, including the character (Hiro) he made off of his game, Pokemon Lunar and Solar Editions) Oh, and if someone could tell me how to make a character in the party not battle, I'd be thankful.

Progress Report:

Battling: 1%, Added Pikachu, need a battling pic
    Maps: 5%, added about half the first town
    Events: 10%, made a day/night program

I will post this on my website. It hasn't been updated in a while, but it's www.freewebs.com/latios184

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    You should try and make a CBS.
    Like Darkmage's one. Unless you're
    trying to make it look like the official one.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Custom Battle System. Go to gamingw.net
    to find out how to make them.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I'll rather wait a couple of days,
    until you make it a bit longer, and
    feel better about releasing a beta for it.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    (How do you attach thumbnails?)

And I like the new screenshots Latios 184.
    But the rooms too big. Fill the map with some
    black spots.

Latios184

Sonic/Pokemon Lover
    Years
  • Ok. *Scribbles down notes* You attach thumbnails by going under the "Submit reply" button and clicking attach. upload the file. It will show up if it is an image. OR it might need to be a certain type. I used JPEGs.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Yes, in lower mode editing use the pink tile to create a black outline for your rooms to make them smaller. If you pay close attention, you will see the rooms shouldn't take up the whole screen. It may look pink in editing mode, but it'll look black while playing.

Also, for Bulbasaur, you have it set as "Step towards hero" right? You're not using a catepillar system? With a catepillar system Bulbasaur will follow you step for step without fail. Interested?

Latios184

Sonic/Pokemon Lover
    Years
  • I'm sorry. The caterpillar thingie... Lost me. :D I got enter hero name to work, but the battling system is dismantled. I can't figure it out... I know how to start a battle, but the rest... Is dog crap to me... :D

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Never mind, I figured it out.

And for your battle system, you just need to add monsters. Refer to the help file if you need help with the basics.

So, I downloaded and played your game. And I have some critique. First off, make the rooms smaller like I explained earlier. Then you might want to add more story. It's a little wierd kinda walking into a pokeball and having three more appear. But it's a good start learning about switches. Then comes the town. I liked the map design, but all the houses had the same interrior. Try making more maps for each house. On to the route. First of all, the battles didn't work. Second of all, I noticed you set each region of grass to an "area." Though simple and effective, there's a much more efficient way to do this. Start by going into your database and clicking the tab "Terrain." Make a new terrain and call it "Appearence Grass." The most important thing here is setting the "Enc. Multiplier" to 250 or something. From there you can add more features like sound effects for whenever your character steps on a tile with that terrain and various other effects. Now go to your 'tileset' tab, or chipsets. Find your grass tile and select the terrain "Appearance Grass" from the list to the right. When selected, click the grass tile. Voila! You grass is not its own terrain! To get appearences, just right click your map and set "Enemy Appearances" in your Map Preferences. Let me know if you have any questions.

Years
  • uh yea.. one more thing DarkMage31 forgot.. in the teleports from maps.. you forgot to make it "on hero touch" instead of "push key" other than that pretty good start

Back