• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype

Attract on Mark... hrm... He didn't know how that would work. He wasn't there when MacKenzie used the same tactic using Melody so he wouldn't have known that it could actually be used on other people but he wasn't so sure about using that sort of technique on Mark... though then again... it would be a great revenge scheme since Mark usually didn't step in when Snype was under attract. Heck, He asked Bri to get Thyme to do that on Snype the first time. If anything, it was all his fault, though not in a bad way. They both liked to be jerks to each other but it was all in good fun.

"Hmm... that could work. Though I dunno how it would play on humans. Their whole idea on love could be different from ours. I think Mark is taking a slow approach which seems to be working out so far. Wouldn't want Mark to scare away Val with any weird behavior. Hehehe... as fun as that would be!" Snype said. He moved around a bit to sit lay next to Thyme.

"Though, I'll keep the idea in mind. If we do need to give those two a bit of cupids touch, I'll know who to call." Snype said with a mischievous smile. "The big thing is for them, it has to be at a good time and at a good place. Somewhere private... kinda like where we were. If they go off confessing in a crowded place like this, it would all be too awkward to be memorable." Snype explained.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
[SIZE="a"]Valorie was momentarily free of her depression. Mark had admitted that she was the best trainer he knew. Ego stroke get! Unfortunately, this was only a temporary fix. Yet, a temporary fix was probably better than no fix, seeing as a permanent fix was more or less something that would need to come on it's own.

Valorie still remembered the day that Mark had told her that he wanted to be the best as well and how she had felt as if they had formed some sort of friendly rivalry. That feeling was gone now. She couldn't imagine herself losing to MacKenzie. Perhaps she still underestimated the weird girl, but she somehow felt deep inside that she could beat her if they ever battled. It never even occurred to Mark that she might be facing the same feelings he is someday, that maybe she was not designed to be the best. Such a thought would not enter her mind. Despite her depression she had not lost her pride in her prowess. Her honor, maybe, but not her strength. That was one of the few things that wasn't in doubt to her. Yet, she valued her honor more than her strength.

"...Mark, I, um..."

She wanted to say something gushy and sentimental about their friendship but thought better of it. She quickly scrambled for a plan b topic. After a moment she found one.

"I caught a new pokemon while I was out in the icy plains."

She would show Mark her new pokemon, who was also her only pokemon small enough to be appropriately let out on a train. Disregarding Frillish, who was not an option for obvious reasons. Y'know, like Frillish's past of trying to drown Mark causing him to become scared of her. Valorie pulled out one of her pokeballs and aimed it down on her lap, removing her free hand from said lap. She then let Swinub out, who promptly began sniffing around, taking in the new smells. Valorie put a hand down on Swinub and received a snort in response. Swinub looked up at her, and then at Mark before lazily settling back down, resting in Valorie's lap as she began to pet his back. Meanwhile, Valorie was looking at Mark expectantly as if to ask 'What do you think?'[/SIZE]

Megaman765

Years
Mark looked down at the little swinub. Mark was familiar with the species thankfully since Johto was close by to Kanto. That and the train to Goldenrod was only one city away so he had a little bit of access to information like that. Mark pet Swinub a little bit as well.

"Nice catch Val. I hear Swinub aren't exactly easy to find down in Johto. They're usually in one cave around there so I guess you could consider them Rare around those parts. Just be ready when it evolves. It gets really big when that happens! I heard it has a third evolution... but I don't know much about that." Mark said.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Thyme

Thyme kind of froze when she heard Mark talk about a Swinub. Great, now she may be sniffed out by the thing. That would not be good. She looked scaredly at Snype.

"What if the Swinub smells me? I'm not exactly able to hide anywhere!" she said urgently. She shook herself off. So what if she was discovered. It's not like anyone could do anything right now anyways. She was already on the way. Not like they would stop what was going on because there was one little stow away.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2012
There was no way around it, the girl was rife with insomnia since day one, with the pent up excitement of making it to the academy, it seemed there was no choice but to stay up for days. It resulted in a girl that, when she finally had the time to sit down, she had slipped off to rest; a soft, gentle thing that swept her up and cradled her to a bit of relaxation. Her form cradled as she welcomed the chance to—a P.A. announcement rang out, her eyes shot open and she gave a groan. Wait…where were they? Another place she'd just….never been that far out to!

The realization that she was going to take in the sights of a new land gave her a perk of energy! She shot up, hands neatly placed behind her back as she soon followed students off the boat. Trailing behind them, between them, her cheeks began to burn red out of a slight nervousness…so…close to teenagers. It was…new, foreign, a bit frightening. What did she say….do? Did she bow and say hello or do they laugh at that?

Security was a new thing to her, having the small bag strapped to her waist be removed, searched. She didn't mind so much that the pokeballs were out in the open, that made sense, but soon an old, broken comb was out and she froze a bit, "P-Please be gentle with that," she asked softly, but it didn't go over very well. The silliest of things, a broken comb as a good luck charm, but all in all, it was over soon enough for her to go on following the students and she could reminisce about that item, a gift from a parent, from so long ago…

In the swirl of thoughts darting about her head, she never realized that she had gotten so close to the train. Her attention snapped to it right about when she tripped on the gap from ground to train itself and she fell with a squeak. Embarrassed, cheeks red, she shot up immediately and went to usher herself in the train, eager to find a window seat if only to avoid the awkwardness of having to ask permission to sit with someone. At least she could take in the sights…if she didn't fade to sleep again…Yeah. A little nap sounded like fun…even if she'd miss the sights.

Dawn

Years
Valorie looked between Mark and Swinub, who squirmed a bit and proceeded to get comfy in Valorie's lap. Valorie watched him for a few minutes. She couldn't help but find the shaggy little pokemon somewhat adorable. Meanwhile, Swinub could smell Skype and Thyme sure, but they were not food so it didn't have a whole lot of interest in finding them.

"Believe it or not I accidentally stepped on the poor guy. Gave me a good scare."

She still recalled hearing a loud angry snort and nearly creaking the heck out. Regardless, it turned out that Swinub was a pretty friendly pokemon. He had just been in pain at the time. Valorie reached down and scratched at Swinub's underside, causing the pokemon to squirm a bit. Valorie silently wondered if he liked it. It was hard for her to tell.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
Mark happily watched the little Swinub. Mark was tempted to bring out one of his own Pokemon to show off... though she already knew about Len and Commodore. Able was rather loud at the moment and he wasn't sure what to make of Shedinja. Mark did find Swinub rather adorable himself.

"Stepped on him huh? Heh. Sure is a pretty forgiving Pokemon. Friendly too. It's nice to have a little friend like that on your side." Mark said.

Snype

"Nah I don't think he'll bug us too much... no at this rate at least." Snype said. He peeked out of the bag a little bit to peek at what was going on. Valorie seemed to be petting Swinub so there wasn't too much to worry about.

"Yeah he won't be bugging us. Hehe. So how about you? Comfy enough? I'm not so used of sitting in a bag myself. Hehehe" Snype said.

Dawn

Years
Valorie nodded, thinking back on the encounter a bit. Sometimes she missed when Dragonair was still small enough to pet out indoors. After all, out of all her pokemon she and Dragonair shared the closest bond. A thought then occurred to her. She hadn't been giving Dragonair as much attention as she had used to.because of her inability to let Dragonair out indoors. Considering Dragonair thought of Valorie as her mother Valorie immediately made a startling connection. What if Dragonair felt similar to how Valorie felt about not being able to see her parents? The realization was chilling. She did /not/ want to bruise her relationship with Dragonair. ...She had already bruised enough relationships with her closest friends. Dragonair and her shared something special that couldn't be gotten in the way of... right? Regardless, Valorie decided to admit it to Mark. Perhaps he would have something insightful to say on the matter.

"Yeah... I just realized I've been neglecting Dragonair though."

And just like that Valorie was downcast again.

"I hope I get a chance to let her out and just hang out with her soon."

She then resumed petting Swinub, who idly glanced at Snype as Snype peeked out of Mark's bag. He was very aware of their presence. He just had no idea they weren't supposed to be there. That, and being pet was a lot more interesting at that exact second.

Valorie was busy theorizing what it would be like at the HoTa building. Perhaps if wherever this was taking place was big enough she could use it as an excuse to play with Dragonair.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
when Valorie mentioned Dragonair, Mark remembered awhile ago that she claimed Mark and Valorie as her parents... due to the whole CPR scene. It seemed weird at first but Mark felt good being thought of as a fatherly figure to another pokemon. It was cute in a way. He wondered if Dragonair still thought the same way...

"Heh... well just wait till she's a Dragonite! She'll be huge! I'm sure you two will have alot of fun just flying around then. Heck, you may not even have to take the boat again if you have a ride like that. It might be a good idea to let her out when we get to the Expo though. I'm sure there will be enough room and I'm sure that Dragonair will appreciate that." Mark said happily.

He was beginning to imagine... a pokemon as huge as Dragonite thinking of both Mark and Valorie as her parents still... it was a fairly funny scene in his head... though that was best left for the future when Dragonair did evolve.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Skye twitched in discomfort as he grabbed Ciel's wrist. The taller boy was getting lost in the crowd. ANd shaking, he observed as the boy's whole body trembled through his. Way too many people indeed. Poor Ciel. He quickly saw the coach Bri had entered and all but dragged Ciel inside. Ciel saw Bri and sat on the opposite side of the coach, sitting by himself as he drew his knees to his chest. Skye gave Ciel a small, reassuring smile as he sat next to Bri. Carefully, he released Rama and Pala, the latter of whom made a cry of confusion. He lifted the Pokeballs and let a blue light wash over them. Rama let out a snort as he traveled to his human's lap. He nodded to himself and lay down. Pala was back in the boy's bag, squeaking softly.

???

The young male straightened his tie again. He sighed visibly, running his fingers through his auburn hair. "By Zekrom..."

"You shouldn't swear on the legends," yawned a female as she entered the room. Her blond hair was not its usual floating self but pulled back into long, elegant braids tied with her white ribbons. For once her blue eyes looked aware, her fully awake for a chance. "It shows bad taste. At least swear on the Kanto legends Cameron."

He turned to her and bowed, smiling obediently. "But of course. Forgive me Lady Caitlin."

She almost scoffed. She was too tranquil for that though. Cameron had been working with Lady Caitlin for a while now. Of all the Elite Four, aside from Shauntal at any rate, he got along with her the best. Grimsley was good for a couple of mind games, Marshal was unfortunately a blockhead, and he rarely saw Adler enough to actually form a relationship with the aged, wise Champion. Caitlin entered fully now, dressed in a plain, elegant dress suiting the rich woman in front of him. "Spare me your false formalities," she told him, speaking in a tone that demanded without being rude. "It will make me fall asleep."

"A lot of things make you fall asleep Cat," he told her, dropping the act. "Today definitely will."

"I'm certain," she agreed. "Will you be all right? I'm aware this isn't your kind of party."

Cameron laughed. "My kind of party is small, cheap, and full of food, with family and friends by my side."

"Sounds intriguing," the lady told him as he pulled out a Pokeball and released an Absol. She couldn't help but smile. "I'd like to see that someday." She pet the Absol politely, sensing Sol's discomfort. He was more on-edge than his human.

"You want to interact with normal society," he cracked. "What's the matter with ya Cat?" He was informal as possible now, knowing her preferences. Cameron Odell was mostly joking about the society thing so she ignored that too.

"It would be a welcoming experience," she told him. "Darach would be proud."

"He would," Cam agreed, bowing politely at the Gallade at the door. "Come now milady, I think your POkemon is impatient. I don't want him shoving carrots down my throat."

"He always is," she told him, walking out first. He followed, snickering quietly.

"Thanks for the suit by the way," he added cheerfully. "I know I'm poor, it doesn't meet I have to look it." He spun. 'it makes me look awfully official."

"Thank Moltres I know better," Caitlin stated dryly. "You are too uneducated for that to be possible."

"Get me a tutor and I'll be as smart as you," he retorted in playful fury. "Just watch!" Sol snorted.

Nideous

Years
(OOC: Hey there man. Glad to see another face for this. Follow this link:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=261389

That's where you would post your Sign Up. After that, you simply wait until Megaman or PkMnTrainer Yellow accept you or tell you what you need to fix to be accepted. :D)

Thyme

Thyme smacked Snype in the arm. She hissed at him a little bit.

"Are you trying to get us caught? Swinub may be a moron, but Val is not. What if she saw you? Don't you think she'd be a little curious as to why you are in Mark's bag? Really!" Thyme said. She shook her head, wondering why she cared. Well, she'd rather avoid the trouble. She wasn't sure how the yellow haired girl would react to Mark having her with him. She might think he stole her or something. She really didn't want to have to deal with that right now. She then thought about what Snype had asked her.

"Humph, I'm not that comfy either! There's barely enough room in here for us and all this stuff. And it was years ago when I hitch-hiked in Brian's mother's bag. I was just a little bit small then than I am now. And the bag was bigger. And I wasn't sharing the space with an idiot Sableye that could get us caught!" Thyme said. She was quite cross now. She shook her head, hoping that no one had heard her little outbirst. She doubted it.

"Sorry... Didn't mean to snap," she said quietly. She looked at Snype, a sullen expression on her face.

Brian

Bri looked across at Ciel. He seemed really stressed out. Duster got up off of Bri's lap and walked across to Ciel. She patted him on the leg and looked up at him with a worried expression on her face.

"You ok?" she asked quietly. Bri smiled at Ciel and Duster. She was so sweet. He turned to Skye, who had released Pala and Rama.

"So... I guess we are on our way? I've never been on a train before! Kind of exciting, isn't it?" Bri said, a little bit eager. Duster, who had managed to climb up into the seat next to Ciel, looked over at Bri. He was such a kid. Heh, that was adorable! She then turned back to Ciel and looked at him curiously. Was he alright?

Megaman765

Years
Snype frowned and scratched his head. "Hehe, Can't help having a huge head! Guess it does take a bit of space up... we could work around it though if we're clever enough." Snype said. "Eh... sorry Thyme. Guess curiosity did kill the cat. Just had to see what was out there. I think Swinub saw us but I doubt he was too interested at the moment... I'll try to be more careful." He added.

Snype moved around a little bit to give both himself and Thyme a bit of room in the bag. He was mostly moving around a few books so he could at least move his arms.

Dawn

Years
Valorie's Post

Valorie was busy brooding about various things not least of which were all her relationship problems. Maybe she was just doing something /wrong/! Maybe she needed to change tactics or set some rules or something? She figured that was the kind of advice her parents might give her. Yet, something was distracting her. It was an odd sound. You see, it's pretty hard to not have a human being hear you talking that much right next to them. At least, assuming they don't have hearing problems. Valorie heard some weird noises. The oddest part being they sounded close-by, and beside her even! Valorie just sort of got this paranoid look on her face and looked around for a moment before her gaze settled in the general direction of Mark's bag. Was she hearing things? She was sure she heard something, but...

"Hey Mark, do you hear something..?"

Valorie just sort of threw the question out there. Little did any of them realize, that Valorie had no reason to suspect Mark of being up to no good. 'Course, they also didn't know that Thyme's attract would... probably be capable of working on Valorie herself. They also didn't know that Valorie would probably have a pretty hard time as recognizing Thyme as specifically Brian's snivy.

Given, they really couldn't be blamed for not knowing any of this. How would they? They hadn't seen Valorie admit her feelings for Selene. Snype perhaps should know that Valorie trusts Mark by now, and Valorie had only seen Thyme a few times. Regardless, things happen, and one must suppose it's easy to get a bit paranoid when you're hiding from some sort of authority.

Nideous

Years
Thyme

Thyme sighed and shook her head. Seemed dhe had been too loud when she was fussing at Snype. Thyme wanted to throttle that yellow haired girl. After all, who listens that closely to hear sounds that aren't supposed to be there? Honestly! Bah, Thyme had no one to blame but herself.

"Humph... Looks like she heard me. I was getting sick of being stuffed in here anyways," she hissed at Snype as she climbed out of the bag. She squinted her eyes at the light. Spending the time in the bag where it was dark, her eyes were not adjusted to the light. She blinked sleepily and jumped into a seat that had no one in it. She looked over at Valorie, an expression of annoyance and slight fear on her face. But mainly annoyance. After all, it was Val's fault they had been discovered.

"God! Can't you people let a girl sleep!?" she said with a frown.

Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2011
Cory was always one to travel light. He didnt have any bag or satchel or anything of the sort to store things. Most of the places he put his stuff were his pockets, his jean cargo pants were like their own on the go satchel. Plus his jean jacket had a few other pockets as well. He kept his pokeballs on his belt, close at hand.

Of course, in this situation, he made sure to bring along a duffel bag at least for a few changes of fresh clothes, his own toothpaste and tooth brush, deoderant, and a few comics... comics he prized dearly since his childhood, and prolly wont reveal them for some time. One he didnt know who was a fan of the comics he read so it wouldnt make a good conversation starter. Secondly, he wasnt sure if it was breaking the 4th Wall if said comics were Sonic the Hedgehog comics.

Well... when it was his turn to go through the security gate, he just... looked at it... like it was a gate to a different world. He wasnt sure what to make of it, really, never been around such high security so he wasn't quite sure what to do. A few minutes of thinking and the students behind him were getting antsy, wondering what the holdup was. They tried getting his attention but he tuned them out, this guy had selective hearing if he thought too hard.

Well, impatience is one of those things where it sometimes makes people downright mean, as the student behind him gave a push on his back, making him stumble forward... oh the calamity as he fell on his face, passing through the gate, his Pokeballs and metal buttons on his jacket prolly setting off an alarm of sorts. If THAT weren't bad enough, HERE comes Seigmund through ANOTHER gate next to the one he fell through, the little Pawniard's armor also setting off the gate as a student walked through it. Two gates in the same area beeping and flashing, Cory just layed on the floor, waiting for whatever to happen next. Seigmund on the other hand just walked over to him, quirking an eye as he was unfamiliar with this, and thinking his Trainer should pick himself up already. Heck, the beeping and flashing in his mind prolly means they won something, like a random drawing and those guards were gonna give them their pri-oh.... oh no they weren't.

Cory was hauled to his feel and was being escorted to the side by one guard, the other saw the Pawniard and went to pick it up, and promply gets his hands cut slightly as Seigmund... wasn't a very nice guy to strangers, little guy might have been paranoid of strangers, especcially if they were manhandling his trainer.

Cory's eyes go wide, oh god the last thing he needs is Seigmund making a scene, "DUDE! Get back in your Pokeball! NOW!" His voice was commanding, and certainly carried above the crowd so it was clear and crisp, causing Seigmund to snap to attention and went over to return to the Duskball.

The guard who got cut was sucking his thumb and scowled at Cory as he walked by, prolly to get bandaged, but before Cory could apologise on Seig's behalf, he was being hauled again. Oh god... he was never in so much trouble before... he hopes they wouldn't do a full cavity search or anything invasive... where was a teacher when you need one?

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
When Valorie paused next to Sel's seat, it took a moment for the latter to realise that the former was attempting to get her attention, given that Sel currently had her chin propped up on her fist, elbow resting on the ledge of the coach window she was sat by and was staring out of said glass pane with an almost wistful expression. If any sound could be made to describe that moment, it would be a sigh, a long and drawn-out sigh that released all the tension from the knot in Sel's stomach.

But Sel didn't sigh. And she didn't even look round to see Valorie until her ears and eyes were drawn by the scuffle between Vince and Shade a little further down the coach...out of the corner of her eye she noticed a blonde, purple and white blur make its' way past her and she turned slightly in her seat...to see Valorie sitting down further back along the coach. Her face fell into an even more taut expression, molars clenching together slightly as she watched Mark sit beside Valorie with the welcome distraction of Vince beating Shade to the seat beside her.

Ripping her eyes from the scene behind her, Selene smiled at Vince...until he asked her what had happened between her and Valorie. With a pent-up sigh, Sel shook her head and rubbed her forehead slowly in circular motions, head bowed as she turned her head so Vince could only see the side of her face. To him or anyone else on the coach, it would look as though Sel was nursing a sore head, and that she was perhaps tired and not really in the mood for the trip. Which was the truth, to be fair. However, Sel just couldn't help withdrawing both physically and emotionally when hit over the head with the metaphorical sledgehammer that was the topic of Valorie.

"Nothing, Vince, nothing. Friends fight sometimes don't they, Valorie and myself are no exception," she said shortly, eyes turning to the window as she felt the coach jolt suddenly. Aaaaand they were off, before long the large bus picked up speed, and they were out of Vermillion in practically a heartbeat.

So perhaps Selene hadn't been completely open about what had happened between her and Valorie. But the tale she span was convincing enough, and as far as she was concerned, events between herself and Valorie were on a strictly need-to-know basis. And Vince didn't need to know.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
"Heh-he's overstih-stimulated," Skye explained quietly. How did he know this? Simple. He had a classmate like this at home. The kid was not this extreme but too much human interaction sent him to a pretty close state of quiet and fear. "Sih-hih-Ciel's juh-just not uh-u-used to peh-peh-people or gruh-groups. Heh-He's skuh-scared." He wasn't quite sure how to explain to Bri that Ciel didn't think he was safe with these people. Honestly, as far as he was concerned, the irrational paranoia had some hint of truth. There were some disturbing kids here and, well, they were going to a HoTa Expo. That alone was enough to make Skye on edge.

"I-I-I" Ciel's was still shaking, eyes wide behind his knees. He was not okay, definitely not okay. He was taking deep breaths, trying to get rid of the fear. Unfortunately, the morning's events, senses, and everything else had finally hit him, sending his fragile emotional control spiraling with him in it.

Rama decided to divert attention from the panicking kid, give him some space. "Never been on a train either. We've seen old train cars but they don't run anymore."

Megaman765

Years
Snype

Thyme jumped out... well it wasn't exactly going to be fun sitting in a bag all day. May as well go out and explore. Snype followed Suit and sat on Mark's Lap giving off his large bright smile.

"Heheh, Well I wasn't planning on sitting in the bag for that long anyways. Pretty excited myself to check out the expo! Wonder what they'll have there..." Snype wondered. His train of thought was put to a stop as he tumbled onto his back when the coach drove off.

Mark

"Uh well..." Before Mark could finish, both Snype and Thyme jumped out of the bag. Guess they were uncomfortable in there... problem was, what if Brian saw them? Well... it was mostly Snype's idea in the end and he could explain things... still, he didn't know how Bri would react to this if he was nearby.

"Um... I can explain..." Mark said nervously to Valorie.

Dawn

Years
Valorie's Post

Valorie just sort of looked down at Thyme. Wild stow-away appeared! Yet, before she could make a captain obvious comment to Mark Snype crawled out of the bag. Had their pokeballs been in that bag? Had Mark caught a Snivy? Valorie did not immediately jump to assuming Mark was up to anything less than completely allowed. After all, she knew him! He was a good guy. Yet... he reacted as if he been caught red handed doing something unspeakable! Valorie just sort of tilted her head, her expression one of concern. Well, she certainly wasn't going to deny his offer to explain. Goodness knows she was confused enough.

"Um... alright... I'm listening."

Meanwhile, Swinub turned his nose up at Thyme and Snype and sniffed in their general direction idly. He was registering the fact that they had moved. Valorie just sort of leaned back against the window of the train, waiting to hear what Mark had to say. She got the impression something was going on that she wasn't supposed to know about. Yet, what that was she had no idea. For the moment she was completely and totally distracted from recent drama by Mark, though it was once again only a temporary relief from stress and anxiety. As it happened, you really couldn't beat depression with distractions or even nice things happening. It was too persistent of a condition, so to speak.

Back