• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen E3 Discussion Thread!

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Haunter can't learn fly.

Though I wonder now if there are any limitations. Flying type and Levitate seem to be part of the stipulation to being in it if the picture is any clue, but what about those that can fly without levitate and aren't part flying like Beedrill or Dustox or Volcarona?

Then you have some who's pokedex hints to being able to fly like Garchomp and Whimseecott (in a way). Then again what if they don't limit it....Sky Battle with Graveller seems kinda dumb.
    I'd like it if Pokemon like Dustox and Garchomp could compete in Sky Battles, too. Instead of basing it entirely off of type and ability, add a hidden stat that's checked for Pokemon that can either obviously fly or whose Pokedex entries say they can so they can compete too. On the other hand, only Levitate Bronzongs being able to enter would be interesting.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Haunter can't learn fly.

Though I wonder now if there are any limitations. Flying type and Levitate seem to be part of the stipulation to being in it if the picture is any clue, but what about those that can fly without levitate and aren't part flying like Beedrill or Dustox or Volcarona?

Then you have some who's pokedex hints to being able to fly like Garchomp and Whimseecott (in a way). Then again what if they don't limit it....Sky Battle with Graveller seems kinda dumb.

I think it will just be air borne Pokemon and those with the ability Levitate, otherwise we would have Pokemon such as Reshiram and Golurk being in the air which wouldn't look right.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I mentioned it in another thread but do you think the seahorse pokemon is Inkay? (the one you have to turn upside down when it levels up to evolve into Malimar)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I mentioned it in another thread but do you think the seahorse pokemon is Inkay? (the one you have to turn upside down when it levels up to evolve into Malimar)

It's quite possible, it fits the criteria with the name Inkay you'd associate with Poison and iirc the Seahorse Pokemon was using a Poison type attack.

Edit: Oh, and here's a clearer image of the Sky Battle in action, which you can clearly see takes place waaaay above the ground. Just wondering what happens to the trainers during this battle now...

E3 Discussion Thread!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It's quite possible, it fits the criteria with the name Inkay you'd associate with Poison and iirc the Seahorse Pokemon was using a Poison type attack.

The only issue is I don't think Inkay is a poison type. I think the guy (who's now turned out to be legit) said it evolved into Malimar who is a Dark/Psychic type.

Do we know this seahorse pokemon is poison type, just because it used a poison type move doesn't mean anything.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Pokémon-amie sounds...interesting. Like a mix of the Wii Shop title with the main game.

The image with four Houndour - is that in battle? Maybe you battle one at a time? Notice Froakie is the opponent; maybe you get a quartet of something you are strong against (Grass/Fire/Water).

E3 Discussion Thread!

I have to admit this looks weird. I hope we get more info on strengths and weaknesses so it can get into all the charts before the game comes out.

Pacific Time basically, so 6PM Pacific Time.
    PT? I thought I missed it! Sweet, I can tune in while playing another game.

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Thirty minutes left.
    The North American twitter page makes it sound like we can expect more news "Just a reminder, Trainers! We're live-tweeting the Nintendo Developer Roundtable tonight at 6 p.m. PT. Who's ready for more #PokemonXY news?"

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2013
    the anime reminds me of when I was a kid (which was not that long ago). At the time people were really into those little digital animals you carried in your pocket on a digital screen. They hardly did anything back then but this looks like a way more advanced version of it. Also, fairy pokemon make me happy. It seemed to me the marill was part of this type now? which I thought was kind of weird however I do really like marill so no worries, but thought it was strange.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • "He is very excited for Pokémon players all over the world to begin their adventures at the same time."

I actually really like how they've decided to commence the release date globally on the same day, I thought it would be on different days but in October.

Years
  • I was using a GBA when I first played pokemon (answer to the latest tweet).

According to Pokebeach the pictures they've shown earlier may have been shown by accident and were meant for this event...hopefully that'll not be all.
    I always expected it to be a same day release as that's what worldwide release usually implies.

Years
  • "There are over 800,000 Japanese characters in the game, which translates to 1.4 million words in English!" Is this their way of saying that this will be a long game? Sure hope so.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Updates:

"Players will be able to choose 1 of 7 languages to play the game (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, or Korean)"
    "The new PSS (Player Search System) will allow players to search for others locally or globally (via Wi-Fi) to battle and trade."

pedrito3_poke

Banana
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    From Pokébeach:
    "It communicates via local StreetPass and Wi-Fi to track even people you pass by."

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    It looks like the seahorse is Poison/Water and the lobster is plain Water.

I hope you can change your language at any time in-game!

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2019
    Hey guys! Right now: Mr. Masuda is demoing a battle via the PSS. The two opposing Pokémon are new for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y!

New Pokemon Skrelp is a Poison- and Water-type Pokémon. Clauncher is a Water-type Pokémon.

via Pokemon twitter page https://twitter.com/Pokemon

Back