• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

Tyrunt or Amura?

• Tyrunt

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Amura

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
  • I don't see why they would need to change Braixen's design depending on gender just because it looks more feminine. Both Snivy and Chikorita's evolutionary line looks pretty feminine, but that doesn't really bother anyone. I think it's good we finally have a fire starter who isn't totally masculine. It's a nice change. Plus, if it's really based on the concept of a witch, it makes sense they head toward a design that isn't so male constructed. It's really hard to tell exactly what the three of them will look like in their final stage though. That's what I'm most interested to see, since that's the stage that usually makes it or breaks it for some people.

I guess you're right. It's just the slender legs, womanly figure and the way the fur is shaped like a dress, and a few other new gen six Pokemon have a different appearance depending on their gender. Also I didn't know it was based off a witch, so that explains it. I'll still be restarting my file on Pokemon Y if it turns out to be male, though. :P

The Leafeon

Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!
    Years
  • chespin and froakies evo name seem to have a war theme, with paladin and grenadier or bombadier respectively

Years
  • Initially, I want Chespin but when I saw the evolution...Oookay.

I'm gonna choose Froakie instead not only it looks cool, but also to eliminate my problems on getting a Water-type or Pokemon that can swim

Annataz

Master of Time and Space
    Years
  • Yep..

Does anyone have any idea where "Braixen" comes from?

This is just a guess on my part, but maybe branch and vixen? Branch because it has that stick in its tail that it uses as a wand, and vixen because it's a feminine-looking fox.

Edit: And The Leafeon gets there before I do. I guess that's what I get for going to get a drink before submitting my post >.<

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    Interesting... I would never think "vixen" cause that's pretty much exclusive to females.

The Leafeon

Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!
    Years
  • This is just a guess on my part, but maybe branch and vixen? Branch because it has that stick in its tail that it uses as a wand, and vixen because it's a feminine-looking fox.

Edit: And The Leafeon gets there before I do. I guess that's what I get for going to get a drink before submitting my post >.<
    Thats what happens when people follow good advice and try to stay hydrated. and well vixen is feminine but so is Braixens appearance

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Initially, I want Chespin but when I saw the evolution...Oookay.

Well, that's your choice but i'd rather wait 'till the final evolutions are revealed before I judge the starters entirely.

Anyways some stuff you'd like to know coming from Pokémon official facebook page:

Heads up, Trainers! We've got a surprise for you. Tune in Monday at 8 a.m. PDT for a special announcement!

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Man the info just keeps coming, I hope they finally reveal the secret requirements to be able to perform a Mega-Evolution.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • Well, that's your choice but i'd rather wait 'till the final evolutions are revealed before I judge the starters entirely.

Anyways some stuff you'd like to know coming from Pokémon official facebook page:
    Heads up, Trainers! We've got a surprise for you. Tune in Monday at 8 a.m. PDT for a special announcement!

It's awesome to see even more news spawning out of nowhere. I'm not entirely sure what will show up, 99% sure it's X and Y related though. What's unfortunate for me is that I have class during that time. I guess I'll have to hop onto serebii in between classes.

Years
  • Well, that's your choice but i'd rather wait 'till the final evolutions are revealed before I judge the starters entirely.

Great! For me its going to be on 11 p.m. so I will be able to follow the news right away.
    Really happy to how much news they feeding us with!

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Maybe even better, a earlier release date.
    ...Nah, i'm probably putting my hopes up to high.

edit: Announcement for a 'certain' remake would be fine too. *Whistle*

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Well I was very impressed with Frogadier and Braixen! I was hoping that Fennekin's evolution would stay on all fours, but Braixen's upright posotion isn't too bad. Quilladin has the best name, reminds me of Quilava, but I'm not really feeling it. Too round and short for me. It looks smaller than Chespin which IMO is awkward.

Meowstic is a cutie, and as already said I can see it having an evolution. I prefer the male version's design. Mega Mewtwo X looks like a beast, an awesome fighter.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • Interesting... I would never think "vixen" cause that's pretty much exclusive to females.

It's also designed in a manner that emphasizes feminine features, which I find quite cute. I get the feeling that most American players wouldn't like it or something, because, well, people get really stuck-up about that sort of thing. Most Fennekin will probably end up being female because of that. I know some people that even complain about male clefairy.

Other people aside though, the reason I bring up its more feminine appearance is because of that very reason - It's supposed to look feminine, and that's probably why.

Well I was very impressed with Frogadier and Braixen! I was hoping that Fennekin's evolution would stay on all fours, but Braixen's upright posotion isn't too bad. Quilladin has the best name, reminds me of Quilava, but I'm not really feeling it. Too round and short for me. It looks smaller than Chespin which IMO is awkward.

Meowstic is a cutie, and as already said I can see it having an evolution. I prefer the male version's design. Mega Mewtwo X looks like a beast, an awesome fighter.
    Frogadier is really cool, definitely in upper-middle of my favorite evolved starters.

Braixen is now one of my favorite non-Eevee related Pokémon.

I can't stand Quilladin at all. It's honestly the worst design they've very come up with, and after seeing -some- of the Pokémon in gens III and IV, that's really saying something.

For Chespin's sake, I hope these are just second forms (I haven't looked it up), but at the same time if they, are I'm scared for Fennekin and Froakie.

Back