• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

Tyrunt or Amura?

• Tyrunt

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Amura

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters
    Years
    I think the floodgates have been opened, information wise. I'd be willing to bet a lot of stuff is going to come out or leak out in the next week or so. Which is great, I'm tired of waiting for stuff like what the Starter's final evolutions are, the gyms and Elite Four, the rest of the Kalos Dex, etc.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
    Now, I've got a question for you guys but I'm not sure there's even an answer for it...

It was officially stated that the Kalos region will feature 121 new Pokemon, but does that feature the MegaEvolutions? Or is 121 + Megas?

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2018
    I have to admit I'm a little disappointed with the designs for Braixen and Quilladin - especially given that Fennekin and Chespin were my favorites from the three starters. Like some others here I was hoping Fennekin's evolutions would remain on all fours, but perhaps there is still hope with her final stage. Frogadier has a really look design to me, and I initially felt Froakie was the weak link in terms of starter designs. Fingers crossed they will all end up with some really great final stages.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Guys it's clearly gonna be Pokken fighters. Get your arcade sticks and ready and start practicing if you don't want to get bodied.
    I can't stand Quilladin at all. It's honestly the worst design they've very come up with, and after seeing -some- of the Pokémon in gens III and IV, that's really saying something.
    what is this. dissing Quilladin and Gen 3 and 4 pokemon at the same time?

we will NOT get a long.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Now, I've got a question for you guys but I'm not sure there's even an answer for it...

It was officially stated that the Kalos region will feature 121 new Pokemon, but does that feature the MegaEvolutions? Or is 121 + Megas?

Actually the 121 is just a rumor...there's been no official number.

@ Livewire I really doubt they'll reveal all that...likely it'll be something in the same scope as last week.

I'm guessing it'll be more Megas as they haven't had enough time to show case many.

Years
    So much hype.

Chespins evolution looked pretty bad/boring in the art, but in game it looks sweet.
    I saw a lot of hate for Braixen, because she looked humanoid or something like that. With her design now I feel her second type( if she has any) will be Ghost.
    Frogadier kinda looks like a white knight Croagunk/Toxicroak.

I was surprised that both fossil Pokemon looked pretty good. But most likely Tyrunt will be picked more compared to Amaura.

I was like 80% sure that I would get Y , but I wanted to know the exclusives. I just saw the X Mewtwo and was like "Definitely gettin Y" . I'm liking all the Kanto Mega Evolutions.

The hype is getting HUGE.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
    Guys it's clearly gonna be Pokken fighters. Get your arcade sticks and ready and start practicing if you don't want to get bodied.

what is this. dissing Quilladin and Gen 3 and 4 pokemon at the same time?

we will NOT get a long.

I believe you did not read this properly.

and after seeing -some- of the Pokémon in gens III and IV, that's really saying something.

I like all Generations of Pokémon as whole I believe, but ever generation had a share of designs that shouldn't have left the drawing board. Gen III and IV are just the most notorious. I'm not saying either gen was was all bad, nor did I imply that, as I said "some".

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
    @ Magmaruby: Oh, the 121 was just a rumor? ...oops.

Well then, time to discuss Starters!

LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE Braixen. The twig in her tail isn't a broomstick handle, it's a wand! That is just too awesome! I think witches are cool, anyways. I can't wait to see her final evolution! And if I don't like it I'll just keep her in the middle stage.

Quilladin, I'm not so fond of. I feel it's just a tad overdesigned. It's cute, I don't think it's horrible or anything. I like big, heavy, tanker Pokemon so I have good feelings about his final evolution.

Froakie just got a heck of a lot cooler now that he becomes Frogadier. I thought he was going to get bigger and bulkier, like a sumo wrestler or something, but I love the route they took.

So yeah, I'm pleasantly please with Gen 6's starters.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Actually the 121 is just a rumor...there's been no official number.

I'm still convinced that they'll introduce a much smaller amount of Pokémon than previous generations, something around the 80 mark would sit right with me. That would bring the total upto 730 which is a reasonable amount, they don't always have to introduce such a high volume of Pokémon into the game every new generation.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Gen 3 had some of the most creative Pokemon in its roster. The legndaries were based on mythological creature but also represent hot vs cold. We have a dancing mexican pineapple duck thing, a cool ass sumo wrestler, a posses doll based on an actual thing, Trapinch evolving into a dragon being a reference to the actual thing, Lileep and Anorith being the most creative fossil yet considering their origins, a clever idea to represent cicada shells, a compass that looks like a maoi head, a mongoose vs snake rivalry, a MUAY THAI BOXER, among other things. Luvdisc is the only bad thing about that gen.

I am glad Gen 6 is finally bringing designs that rival the brilliance of gen 3's creativity. It's about time. Gen 4 was fine, but a lot of them were very plain. Gen 5 tried too hard. (Although Scrafty is god-tier.)

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm still convinced that they'll introduce a much smaller amount of Pokémon than previous generations, something around the 80 mark would sit right with me. That would bring the total upto 730 which is a reasonable amount, they don't always have to introduce such a high volume of Pokémon into the game every new generation.

I doubt they do 80... If they are do a few it'll likely be somewhere around Johto's numbers like 98 for the lowest and around Sinnoh's for the highest as those regions had a great deal both old Pokémon like Kalos is looking to have.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    Gen 3 had some of the most creative Pokemon in its roster. The legndaries were based on mythological creature but also represent hot vs cold. We have a dancing mexican pineapple duck thing, a cool ass sumo wrestler, a posses doll based on an actual thing, Trapinch evolving into a dragon being a reference to the actual thing, Lileep and Anorith being the most creative fossil yet considering their origins, a clever idea to represent cicada shells, a compass that looks like a maoi head, a mongoose vs snake rivalry, a MUAY THAI BOXER, among other things. Luvdisc is the only bad thing about that gen.

I am glad Gen 6 is finally bringing designs that rival the brilliance of gen 3's creativity. It's about time. Gen 4 was fine, but a lot of them were very plain. Gen 5 tried too hard. (Although Scrafty is god-tier.)

Most of them forgettable since they have bad stat distribution and/or learn crap moves by leveling.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Most of them forgettable since they have bad stat distribution and/or learn crap moves by leveling.
    You can say this to pretty much 90% of the Pokemon. :/ Charizard is loved but he's ass in battles.

Besides, I rocked with a Hariyama/Ludicolo/Tropius/Crawdaunt/Weezing/Flygon team in Emerald with the battle setting on set and not much grinding. (I'll admit I had some difficulty and it was glorious, but not because of my Pokemon choices.) **** like EV and all that doesn't matter in-game. Crawdaunt destroyed...in a GEN 3 game. :/

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Psst! We're sorta heading off topic here, so let's put this back on track and talk about the new info from this month's issue of Corocoro.

This isn't the thread to talk about older generation and Pokémon. It's to talk about the new ones instead!

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I would like to have 151 new pokemons including old pokemons evo, for now only Sylveon can be considered an evo and not Mega evolution.

Back