• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Version 6 {PROTAGONIST OVERWORLD SPRITES RELEASED}

Do you like my newly-presented fakemons?

• Yes, I do! They are awesome! You are a true genius! I'll start worshipping you from now on <3

Votes: 53 48.2%
  • Yes. I want to see more to be sure though...

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • NO! This is fucking shit! kill yourself! (the last part is only optionnal :x)

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • No. I am not into fakemons at all...

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • Don't care. You left us. You and your hack are DEAD TO ME!

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicBlazer

Batman
Years
  • To answer every question:

1) I will probably do a demo, don't know when though considering that as a lunatic person I can decide to wipe an entire area I don't like it anymore out and it can be as time consuming as unexpected, so I won't give you a deadline for now.

2) I don't think I will have a need for beta testers, sorry. ^^ (not yet at least)

3) Ok, I heard some of you! My maps are cramped, I will try to somewhat restrain myself (just added a new map which btw is less "baroque"... To compensate, I made it more huge as f*ck though :P)

4) I will be away for a week without access to the internet, so dont expect any update until then.

Nevertheless, as I am generous, here is a new map:

Spoiler:

For a better look, I recommend you to check it out on my Deviantart page though, where it can reduced.

Finally, once again thanks for the support (me saying that start becoming redundant ^^) and merry christmas!

Can you give a link to your page I cant find it. Please. Also the hack is looking amazing. I like the tiles and your mapping.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Fun Size:As I said in my starter thread, any help is appreciated :D
    What can you do?

Dedenne1: 1)Thanks a lot for the kind words!
    2) Most of your question are answered in my post, but np, i will precise ;)
    a) there will be fakemons and pokemons FROM ALL 6 generations, but only selected ones, considering that I don't know how to increase the max number but if someone has a good tutorial about going beyond 386 pokes (+25), I'm interested!

b) Yes, there is mega evolutions (official and invented), but they are treated as regular evolutions, which means there will be only one evolutionnary stone of this kind in the game, to keep the limit from 6th gen of 1 mega per party.

c) Yes, Fairy type is here as well as another custom type, with VERY limited distribution.

d) No nuzlocke mode, because I don't know if it's possible on GBA, but if it is I WANT A TUTORIAL, BECAUSE IT WOULD BE A DREAM COME TRUE!

e) I will add that to the feature paragraph ;)

f) thanks for adding my hack to your list of support. means a lot to me!

Itari: As I said, the esthetics part is what i like most about hacking, so it's always a pleasure to read that ;)
    As far as scripting goes, I will have to learn it more extensively, but I'm rather confident so far... so far...

G0ld: a) a pentagram for bad guys, seems legit!
    b) I actually wanted to change the tiles for the Pkmn center and the shop, but my tilesets were already filled to the brim, so, I guess it will have to remain this way, sorry!
    c) With a ghost type being the main legendary of my game, it felt appropriate. Moreover, I like when the menus, etc... are coherent color-wise. makes me think of Persona ^^

Actually, here is an artwork i just finished of the foresaid legendary. It's not great, but I will work on it ;)

677299bigbigamphoetus.gif

"Korean-named person": I actually did a lot of planning!It had been a long time I wanted to do my own hack, so I had time to think about it and HERE IT IS!

Joltjolteon: Thanks (sorry not to be more original here ~_~)!

Also love your pokemon saiken hack btw.

I did look into this and depending upon what your base rom is u can have the player take the national pokedex at the beginning instead of just giving them the regional and that can increase the amount of available pokes plus i looked online and theyre are several hacks that have over that number idk how but you can ask spherical ice or Christos they most likely will have an idea :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Don't post in threads that haven't been posted in for over a month, please. MrMacBeth, if you ever want this thread re-opened just send me or Spherical Ice a message.

:t363: closed

Years
  • It's not because I can't post because of personal reasons, that I'm not lurking around ^^

For those still interested, I'm going to send a Big update and Apologies for my absence this WE

See you then ;)

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen today
    Nice man. Glad to see this hack back. Good luck with it & everything else man.

Years
  • I didn't even knew this hack existed till today and from the screens and maps you posted it looks like a interesting hack that I could see playing when the final version is released even though it would probably be a few years.

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
    Years
  • I didn't even knew this hack existed till today and from the screens and maps you posted it looks like a interesting hack that I could see playing when the final version is released even though it would probably be a few years.

Wth would make you think it would take a few years for the final version?

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Wth would make you think it would take a few years for the final version?
    Well, there's no beta yet and the OP hasn't been edited since pretty much the beggining (+3). I assume it'll take at least a year or two for the final version. That being said, I think it's a beautiful hack (sadly with fakemons which I hope won't seem to fake ingame) and I wish nobody would have revived this thread cause now I'm looking forward to play it.

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
    Years
  • Well, there's no beta yet and the OP hasn't been edited since pretty much the beggining (+3). I assume it'll take at least a year or two for the final version. That being said, I think it's a beautiful hack and I wish nobody would have revived this thread cause now I'm looking forward to play it.

He said he wasn't able to post because of personal reason. Which probably means he couldn't work on the hack. If anything it should take a year. And what do you mean by, '(sadly with fakemons which I hope won't seem to fake ingame,)' Which you hope won't seem to fake...?

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    He said he wasn't able to post because of personal reason. Which probably means he couldn't work on the hack. If anything it should take a year. And what do you mean by, '(sadly with fakemons which I hope won't seem to fake ingame,)' Which you hope won't seem to fake...?
    Well, I meant ''too fake''. But isn't it clear enough though? Like I mean I hope they will look like pokemons and not digimons. Pokemons all have the same look.

Anyway, he just sent me a pm with the dex and now my concerns are gone. Most of them actually look like a more mature version of pokemons lol, should be fine.

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
    Years
  • Well, I meant ''too fake''. But isn't it clear enough though? Like I mean I hope they will look like pokemons and not digimons. Pokemons all have the same look.

Anyway, he just sent me a pm with the dex and now my concerns are gone. Most of them actually look like a more mature version of pokemons lol, should be fine.

LOL DIGIMON. He sent you a PM of the dex? WTH, he might as well post the dex, that's so unfair. lol

Years
  • state_of_pokemon_6_adress___hack_thread_update_by_dragon_du_22-d8lt8e1.png

State of Pokemon 6 Address

My Fellow Pokecommunity Citizens,

After several months away from this thread (Check the addendum for more information on that), I came back in order to inform all of you still interested by the Pokemon 6 project of its neverending evolution. Indeed, my dear friends, Even though We were set apart by fate (Check addendum again), I never stopped thinking of all of you and never gave up. I kept my work going.

And believe me when I say that a lot of progress was made!

Plan of this presentation:
    I) Methora Region mapping
    II) Character spriting
    a) Trainers
    b) Fakemons

III) What to expect in the near future?
    Addendum
    I) Methora Region Mapping

Mapping is going swiftly! Please take a lot at this Map of my beloved region:

map_mapping_by_dragon_du_22-d8ltcjp.gif

As you can see, most of the map exteriors have already been finished, even though some places are still somewhat being tweaked. As far as the main adventure goes, its path has almost been finalized, minus the areas which need some reworking and the North-East part of the world. I also finished interiors up to the 4th badge out of ten.

By the way, be sure that I didn't trade quality for quatity. Please, take a look at the 20th route (beware! It's huge):

Spoiler:

II) Character Spriting

A) Trainers Battle Sprites

Even though the concepts of each important character had been ready for quite some time now, It took me many hours to finalize the ingame sprites. Nevertheless, I can finally say with pride that every major character got their sprite started from scratch, finished and implemented in the rom! In order to avoid spoilers, I won't upload any of them as of now (unless you ask kindly...) and I ask you to trust me on this one as you trusted me (I'm sure) on the quality of the previously-stated maps.

Regarding generic trainers, I plan on implementing lightly-altered 4th and 5th gen sprites to give them some uniquesness and improve the immersion feeling of the region. However, this isn't near ready yet. Please be patient!

B) Fakemon Sprites

Let's continue with the main focus of this update presentation!

Back in december, when I originally showcased the first fakemons designed for the game, the main focus was stolen by the Mapping which I won't let happen this time again. Believe me on that! I actually spent hours and hours in order to improve my spriting skills and I finally achieved results I'm not afraid of saying I'm proud of (For some reason, I think there is something really wrong with this sentence grammar :x )

But for such a subject, words are never enough, especially when I know many people are sceptical regarding the entire concept of fakemon!

BEHOLD! (... It might be a little bit too much hype ^^')

Pokemon 6 starters: (their evolution are hidden under "spoiler boxes" (?) for those fearing said spoilers

pys1_by_dragon_du_22-d8lthzl.png

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

pys4_by_dragon_du_22-d8ltily.png

Finally, For the most eager of you, here is my entire fakedex, which is still in progress, but should be finished by the end of next month:
    Spoiler:

I REALLY hope you got convinced by those lovely creatures, because they were definitely the main focus while I was living as an internet hermit (Check Addendum for more information again. Again.) and showcasing them was the main objective of this update!

As a bonus, you can check those fanarts made by my newly-found friend on Deviantart, GothicRift, representing the first two stages of my grass starter:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

II) What to expect next?

Trust me the next few months will be worth looking forward to regarding the evolution of Pokemon 6! After finishing my Fakedex, which should take me a few weeks, I plan on completely revisting the overworld sprites by changing all of them to 4th-gen looking ones (NO, NOT 5TH GEN!). And then, things will start getting exciting as my focus will turn to releasing a demo which will go up to the 3rd gym and a crucial plot-changing event.

I hope you are now looking forward to it, because I sure am!

II) Addendum
    Well... Here is the last and most awkward part of this entire update. Why was I away for so long when I made it clear I was supposed to leave for only one week? I previously said it was because of personal reasons. Let me be more specific without getting into too much details. Right after coming back from holidays, someone close to me died (I neither expect nor want any kind of pity) and after doing what needed to be done in those cases, I had to go straight to my midterms (which I aced, of course, being myself ^^) and then go back to university for an extremely heavy semester (What did I expect from Law School?),actually much more heavy than what I anticipated.

So I had to make a choice between communicating about this hack or working on it on the remains of my free time. I chose the latter and have remained adamant about it, fastening on Deviantart because it was way less time-consuming (to start off... because now I have way too many watchers :,( )
    Btw, here is a link to my DA page, where I will keep updating regurlarly: http://dragon-du-22.deviantart.com/

Don't misunderstand me either: I'm coming back on Pokecommunity TO STAY, but don't expect seeing me here everyday ;)

I hope, my fellow Pokecommunity citizens, I don't risk impeachment for that ^^ (Yes, I am shamelessly going back to the presidential theme of this comeback presentation just at the end to remind you of how awesome the introduction picture was)

Frenchly yours,

Self-proclaimed President MacBeth

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back