• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Exotic Pets?

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    What kind of exotic pet(s) do you have?

I've known plenty of people before who've had snakes and lizards, even crazy stuff like curtain types of monkeys. O__O" No joke! But personally I've never had anything like that. DDD: I always wanted something, but never really got around to it. >:

Recently, though, I've become obsessed with hedgehogs and I fully intend to buy one soon. =D Then I'll have my own exotic pet. ^^"

So what about you?

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • I have an albino corn snake. Her name is Nagini. ^-^
    I don't feel like typing a long description though. xD

Remember to be grateful to me since I introduced you to hedgehogs. :>

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Yes, I have an invisible dog and love it to bits.
    Here is me walking my invisible dog.
    Exotic Pets?

It's even better since I never have to feed Abdul Fakir Jabark(my name for him) and he never makes a mess.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Just in case you haven't read up, hedgehogs need a lot of space so that they can exercise. Obesity is life threatening for them. (As it is for humans. YEAH AMERICANS, I SAID IT)

I want a Chinchilla :>

Bay

Years
  • The closest exotic pet I had was two tiny turtles. They're cute, but they bite. XD My mom had to give them away though because they're starting to grow and we can't really take care of the turtles at the time.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years

• It's even better since I never have to feed Abdul Fakir Jabark(my name for him) and he never makes a mess.
    Lol, Abdul means slave and Fakir means a poor person in Arabic....

Back to the point, I once had two blue and yellow-green budgies. XD

Nich'ya

Navsegda
    Years
  • What kind of exotic pet(s) do you have?

I've known plenty of people before who've had snakes and lizards, even crazy stuff like curtain types of monkeys. O__O" No joke! But personally I've never had anything like that. DDD: I always wanted something, but never really got around to it. >:

Recently, though, I've become obsessed with hedgehogs and I fully intend to buy one soon. =D Then I'll have my own exotic pet. ^^"

So what about you?
    Snakes and Lizards aren't exotic. Not where you live anywhere. And I guarantee that anyone who is a member on this forum can go outside and find both of those if they look hard enough. They aren't exotic unless you have a King Cobra (or another rare/dangerous snake), or a rare Lizard.

The most exotic pet (and it's not) I have seen anyone own was a hedgehog. o.o;

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I took care of a Chinchilla for awhile, until I found someone who wanted to adopt it. It was antisocial anyway >3>...

Years
  • I have a corn snake, a blue tongued skink and a couple of giant african land snails. Don't own any exotic mammals though, have a feeling the rents don't really share my love for skunks.

BJ088

It's been so long!
    Years
  • Not sure if it's "exotic", but people have referred to it as that in the past....

The Ashera Cat. No I don't have one but it HAS to be the best pet ever!

Price for one is $22,000-$28,000

Look it up on youtube, you'll be amazed

Years
  • Not sure if it's "exotic", but people have referred to it as that in the past....

The Ashera Cat. No I don't have one but it HAS to be the best pet ever!

Price for one is $22,000-$28,000

Look it up on youtube, you'll be amazed

Arn't they proven to actually be Savannah cats? Either way, they are lovely for a hybrid cat.
    You have to worry with animals like that though, how many people own then because they can offer them the correct living conditions, diet, exersize, time and so on.. and how many own them because they have more money then sense and want a status symbol.

BJ088

It's been so long!
    Years
  • You have to worry with animals like that though, how many people own then because they can offer them the correct living conditions, diet, exersize, time and so on.. and how many own them because they have more money then sense and want a status symbol.

You're spot on there.
    There's a few videos on youtube of people who have them. There's a family that explains their story behind buying one. I love the narrator's voice on one of the clips though, it's quite funny...

The mother in the family says something along the lines of "we've always wanted a dog, so I guess this is our dog." To which the narrator says "still no word from the family as to why they didn't just purchase a dog." HAHAHAHA

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    You're lucky you can even get a hedgehog Dean, I've always wanted one but they are illegal to have as pets in Pennsylvania

shu

so alone so lost inside
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2017
    when ya get your hedgehog you should name it sonic.(Does anybody know what kind of animal tails is?)

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • Yes, I have an invisible dog and love it to bits.
    Here is me walking my invisible dog.
    Exotic Pets?

It's even better since I never have to feed Abdul Fakir Jabark(my name for him) and he never makes a mess.
    Just like Luck I have an Invisidog!
    Mines Called Pingu. I'm a fan of Pingu Okay??
    Really my Nan had a Chinchilla called "Chilli" and My uncle had a horse and a wild species of cat, he called him Chester! <3

Back