• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Exotic Pets?

Halfwit

Super Monk
    Years
    I own a veiled chameleon named Jealous*.. he might count.. don't think that there are many wild chameleons wandering around the UK.. perhaps.
    He'll be two years old this november, daw c:
    and he still hates everyone and everything, bless.
    *yes a death-note-related name how sad am i :D

er.. my mother keeps tropical fish.. which again aren't unusual or rare, but would count as exotic with a bit of imagination D:
    yo-yo & clown loaches, otos, plecs, angelfish, red-tailed shark.. had a royal panaque but it suddenly died, poor thing.

in regards to another pet.. i'm researching giant african millipedes right now. the thing is, i've never kept an arthropod as a pet before [not counting the crickets for Jealous :v]..
    If anyone here owns bugs/insects/etc, do you have any advice on keeping them?
    and.. i'm not sensitive to toxins as far as I know, but is there a way to find out whether I'd be okay handling a giant millipede without getting an irritation? xD would be a bit of a bummer if I found out afterwards that i did.

I've read somewhere that hissing cockroaches are good for people who've never kept arthropods, due to being docile and easy to care for, but i don't know how difficult a millipede would be to look after compared to that.. from what i've read they're not particularly complicated to care for.
    i do love roaches as well, so if I ended up choosing them instead, they wouldn't just be some sort of filler practice pet- i just want to be able to look after the pet I do get properly x3

though i should add that i've planned nothing in regards to getting one [or more, if it's better to keep more than one].. I haven't even checked for where I might find them, but then again it'll probably be some time in the future [once i have more cash.. and time! D:].

..okay that somehow turned into a massive "heeeelp mee" post o.o;

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I have a corn snake, a blue tongued skink and a couple of giant african land snails. Don't own any exotic mammals though, have a feeling the rents don't really share my love for skunks.
    omg I want snails :o

I just remembered that my dad had an alligator (BABY) when he was a kid. After the 3 or 4 months of it being small I'm not sure what he did with it though haha.

LEXAcide

That 1 Guy
    Years
    this seems interesting... well back when I lived in Mexico City, I managed to get my hands on a Sloth somehow. yes a Sloth! lolque?
    Also, I would have been able to "rent" a Lion Cub for a few month's but it was a bit outrageous. These mexicans and their ways. While I was strolling down that market thing, I saw many strange animals. A few Monkey's and apes, skunk's, and some strange sealife. It's like the blackmarket. but yes, a SLOTH!!! Now that I live in California, it seems crazy to imagine owning a Sloth in a personal residence...

https://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/set/1478/slothpict.html
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

when ya get your hedgehog you should name it sonic.(Does anybody know what kind of animal tails is?)

just a totally random guess here... a fox?

here is a theory. Fox's, for some reason, have this thing with multi-tails.
    examples are... Vulpix (pokemon), Ninetails (pokemon), and the Nine Tailed Fox(naruto). I see a chain...

Last edited:

Shem

Bored...
    Years

Snakes and Lizards aren't exotic. Not where you live anywhere. And I guarantee that anyone who is a member on this forum can go outside and find both of those if they look hard enough. They aren't exotic unless you have a King Cobra (or another rare/dangerous snake), or a rare Lizard.

The most exotic pet (and it's not) I have seen anyone own was a hedgehog. o.o;

All reptiles and amphibians are considered exotic. I dislike that though, it makes them sound like it's something people shouldn't have to the average Joe.

But yes, I have 3 leopard geckos (native to middle east and India) and an unkown number of Dubia Cockroaches, I started with 50, there's more than that now, I'm breeding them for gecko food so I don't have to buy crickets and mealworms anymore, so they're not really pets, but they are exotic and in a glass cage under my computer desk.

I would have more reptiles and what-not but I can't pay for more than I have and I'll be in college soon so it would be a poor choice to invest in tons of animals that I'll more than likely have to get rid of in a few years because I can't pay or can't have them where I'm living. I guess dorm rooms don't like reptiles =/

LEXAcide

That 1 Guy
    Years
    All reptiles and amphibians are considered exotic. I dislike that though, it makes them sound like it's something people shouldn't have to the average Joe.

But yes, I have 3 leopard geckos (native to middle east and India) and an unkown number of Dubia Cockroaches, I started with 50, there's more than that now, I'm breeding them for gecko food so I don't have to buy crickets and mealworms anymore, so they're not really pets, but they are exotic and in a glass cage under my computer desk.

I would have more reptiles and what-not but I can't pay for more than I have and I'll be in college soon so it would be a poor choice to invest in tons of animals that I'll more than likely have to get rid of in a few years because I can't pay or can't have them where I'm living. I guess dorm rooms don't like reptiles =/

what would happen if all the Roaches broke loose =O!!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    this seems interesting... well back when I lived in Mexico City, I managed to get my hands on a Sloth somehow. yes a Sloth! lolque?
    Also, I would have been able to "rent" a Lion Cub for a few month's but it was a bit outrageous. These mexicans and their ways. While I was strolling down that market thing, I saw many strange animals. A few Monkey's and apes, skunk's, and some strange sealife. It's like the blackmarket. but yes, a SLOTH!!! Now that I live in California, it seems crazy to imagine owning a Sloth in a personal residence...

https://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/set/1478/slothpict.html
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

just a totally random guess here... a fox?

here is a theory. Fox's, for some reason, have this thing with multi-tails.
    examples are... Vulpix (pokemon), Ninetails (pokemon), and the Nine Tailed Fox(naruto). I see a chain...
    I now know what my life has been missing o_o

A SLOTH!

((omg omg omg I want one.))

Ayselipera

Well I did have a box turtle which isn't really exotic around here... but I did have two leopard geckos if that counts.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    What kind of exotic pet(s) do you have?

I've known plenty of people before who've had snakes and lizards, even crazy stuff like curtain types of monkeys. O__O" No joke! But personally I've never had anything like that. DDD: I always wanted something, but never really got around to it. >:

Recently, though, I've become obsessed with hedgehogs and I fully intend to buy one soon. =D Then I'll have my own exotic pet. ^^"

So what about you?

I have a lesbian, does that count?

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I've never owned one and I'm not really looking forward to any either. I'm not much of a per person.

The invisible dog would make a great match with me though.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years

I laughed pretty hard about that one :p

But seriously, I have one too.

For serious, Man. Aren't lesbians like the best pets? They're entertaining and they don't shed and they look so darn adorable when you put 'em on a leash.

Back