• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your 5 favourite Unova 'mons? (I've added descriptions to my list. yay!)

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
  • Unova has introduced 156 lovely Pokemon, ranging from unique types to diverse designs. So, out of all these Pokemon, who are your top five favourites? And feel free to explain why! :)

As for me:
    1. Scrafty- A Pokemon I loathed at first glance but after using it in both Black and White and deciding to breed Dragon Dance and Zen Headbutt on it, I really enjoyed using Scrafty. Also, I really like its cute and silly design! <3 Eventually, what became one of my least favourite Pokemon is now my favourite Pokemon.
    2. Hydreigon- This guy was the main reason I wanted to get the Gen 5 games, its fierce design combined with two types I loved. When I saw it only got Dark Pulse via breeding, I was determined to get it so I got a male Ekans (with Dark Pulse) and a Modest Ditto, transferred them, hunted down that Deino (during One Acts, heh) and bred it so it had Dark Pulse and a Modest nature. Hydreigon still remains one of my favourite Pokemon today.
    3. Mienshao- Oh Mienshao, I've wanted to use you as my main Fighting type in White but I found Scrafty to fit that mold perfectly. I haven't used it in competitive yet though I used one in White 2. The design is chill yet elegant; the colour combination is nice to the eyes.
    4. Archeops-
    archeops.gif
    'nuff said.
    5. Haxorus- What happens when you combine an axe with a dinosaur? You get an epic design known as Haxorus. With a massive base stat (and no Fire Punch), Haxorus just screams "get rekt".

The top 2 never change but the rest seem to. I'll add descriptions later~ HEY LOOK DESCRIPTIONS!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2022
    I guess for me I would say that my top 5 favorites would be.

1. Hydreigon
    2. Desukarn
    3. Chandelure
    4. Excadrill
    5. Darmanitan

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • 1) Vanilluxe
    2) Whimsicott
    3) Reuniclus
    4) Liepard
    5) Crustle

I could list a few more easily, but they're probably my top five.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Unova definitely has its standouts.

1) Lillipup - the best part about it is that it is the 2nd mon one travelling Unova is more likely to see, and its a rather cute one too,

2) Lilligant - Pure grass types aren't my thing, but Lilligant is one of the more adorable Grass types out there

3) Zorua - just Zorua.

4) Excadrill - Definitely gen 5's standout in terms of awesomeness. That incredible typing made it both an offensive and defensive beast. Also, if I recall, he was one of gen 5's standouts in competitive play as well, being relegated to Uber for all the right reasons.

5) Volcarona - Unique typing and a legendary-like appearance really makes it a standout as well. In fact, its the product of toiling with that Larvesta raising.

pkmin3033

Pretty easy list for me...there are only 5 Unova Pokemon I really like! xD

1. Meloetta. I guess this one was obvious coming from me, but Meloetta in her Aria form is my all-time favourite Pokemon. I love music-themed things, and she has a wonderfully elegant design.

2. Lilligant. I've always thought of this as a prettier version of Roserade, which was a prettier version of Bellossom. I like simple, elegant designs, and Lilligant fits the bill nicely~

3. Sigilyph. This thing is just plain messed up, and it's actually one of my favourite Pokemon for its wacky design. Bronzong is still cooler, but I like the idea of a Pokemon based off Nazca lines. We need more obscure cultural references like this in Pokemon <3

4. Volcarona. It's obviously inspired by Mothra, and Mothra is awesome. I also thought it was a Legendary when I first saw it...kinda disappointed that it isn't, when it's so much cooler than the Muskedeers or the Recoloured Kami trio. Plus after all the butterflies we've had throughout the years - all of them being pretty weak and useless - it's nice to have a badass moth flitting about <3

5. Golurk, because it's a giant autobot megazord ghost. I shouldn't need to explain this one. I mean, HAVE YOU SEEN HOW IT FLIES. Golurk is just awesomeness incarnate; it's one of the best ghost types to have ever been made. You can keep your Gengars and Dusknoirs; I'll have the ghost that looks like a giant robot and propels itself through the air like a rocket.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    1. Leavanny She's just such an elegant design, and such a great one with that.

2. Excadrill He's just a badass. In my Black 2 I'm training a Drillbur called Kamina, and I can't wait for him to evolve.

3. Crustle I'm running out of things to say. He's a cool design though.

4. Beartic He's an ice bear with an ice crutch...

5. Garbodor So, I grew fond of this guy over my Black playthrough. My Totoro was a great part of my team.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    This will be my entire team!!! (Well, I actually did have 6, but I didn't actually train Victini after a certain point. So yeah)

1) Serperior
    2) Scrafty
    3) Carracosta
    4) Krookadile
    5) Haxorus

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Let's see, for me it'd be:

1) Zekrom - duh
    2) Kyurem - I like how it fits into the Tao trio legend and Black2/White2's story. I liked the fusion thing (Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are pretty good in battle too). It also has a unique Dragon/Ice typing. And Glaciate is nice in Doubles.
    3) Volcarona - Cool and unique typing in Bug/Fire, and has an elegant design imo. Wrecks shit with Quiver Dance and Fiery Dance. Fuck Stealth Rock though
    4) Hydreigon - This is again one of Unova's unique and awesome type combos, and comes with a badass cry and vicious nature.
    5) Krookodile - Krookodile's an all-around solid Pokemon for me in its design, typing, movepool, and stats. Gator Pokemon are cool.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Oh, man. I like way too many Unova Pokémon, so it'll be really hard for me to decide on five. I guess these will do:

1. Sewaddle - Too cute to handle
    2. Swadloon - Also too cute to handle
    3. Excadrill - Awesome design, and a badace Pokémon overall
    4. Darmanitan - I love both it and Darumaka, plus it's really fun to play with
    5. A tie between Krookodile, Emboar, and Scrafty - I don't know; I just really like them haha

Sorry if that's cheating (lol), but there's just no way I could decide between the last three. xD

Also, I should give an honorable mention to Tepig and Oshawott, because Ash's were just adorable. =3

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    On top of them all, for me, Volcarona is standing tall.

Volcarona is a bug- and fire-type, which is a very unique combination, if you ask me; we've never had any other Pokémon introduced before with this particular typing. Its design is pretty well-done, too; if it were up to me, I'm not sure if I would've been able to imagine anything better.

As for battling side of things, Volcarona is superbly easy to utilize. It's got access to plenty of moves which we would likely find ourselves appreciating, including (but not limited to, of course) Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Morning Sun, and much, much more.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    1 - Braviary - One of the few gen 5 designs that feels truly unique. It's outclassed by Staraptor but doesn't have the trying too hard comb-over.
    2 - Klinklang - It's like the magnemite line but with a actual coherent evolution pattern. Great in double battles with a plusle/minum and Gear Shift is such a fun thing to mess around with.
    3 - Eelektross - No weaknesses and has access to a wide range of moves. It's colour scheme is really garish but the idea of a flying electric eel is crazy enough to work.
    4 - Petilil - It looks cute (looks like a kirby character) and it's design has some actual restraint.
    5 - Tornadus Therian Forme - It's a bird with a moustache.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • I'm not sure if I can actually put an order on this but:
    1 Victini- It's very cute and I loved it when it was released. Plus, how can you tell me you didn't like Victini and his V-Wheel in Gates to Infinity?

2 Reuniclus- Another cute mon, it's also pretty good to get hits in before it faints, but only a few. Unfortunately my mom doesn't agree with me that it's cute.

3 Braviary- Only the best Flying type tied with Pidgeot. Crush Claw+Sheer Force will take you through almost anything, and Sky Drop is a nice touch for in game wins.

4 Zoroark- It's cute and cool at the same time, not to mention all the events ingame relating to one, the lady in the trailer in the forest.... The Zorua you're given by the one Sage....

5 All three starters' lines. I actually love all three and their evos, in fact it was hard to choose which one I should use for my playthroughs because all of them look so cool, the only other Gen I love all three in is Johto.

Back