• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
well, who cares who got 1000th post?

but omg, good job captain! you got 1001 posts! your game is really truly popular! great work!

ok, so it is a typing based communication, but how will you moderate people? will it be normal like certain people are selected? or will there be a whole load of set moderators from the start?

keep up the great work!

Cronos

Im Back ;)
Years
Hey Captain If The Jhoto And Kanto E4 And Champion Are The Same Then Will We Battle Lance As An E4 And As A Champion?

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
Okay, I'm back from my long weekend.

Anyway, sirwillis, there really wont have to be any moderation, but of course there will be. See, by word ban, I'll be able to make it so that if someone types a certain word, or phrase, it wont appear. Which takes away the whole cursing thing.

Second, many people will also try to hack the game, why? Because its a game, and because its online, they're gonna try to hack it even more. But the online server will have a the games script in it as well, so taht when people log on and the've hacked their scripts, the server wont let them connect. Because the server will scan the players game script, and if there is anythign that isn't right, they will not be able to log on. Which stops hackers right in their tracks.

Also, moderators will be chosen before the game even launches, which is something no one has to worry about.

Oh, and about the whole "Silver League", I just called it that because I'm pretty sure that more than half the population of Pokemon fans wouldn't know what I meant if I were to say Silver Conference. So yes, I already knew its true name, and yes, it will be called Silver Conference in the game.

Dark Wolf, I still have to do more research on the Silver Conference. I will report my disision when I come to it.

cjerian, I can not see the banner, so yeah....

Oh, and yes, the Whirl Cup will be apart of the game, I myself can't wait to implement that part and also, the whirl islands will be how they're supposed to be. If anyone actually noticed, I made all the islands. So, Johto will be very fascinating in terms of adventure.

I thin that was all the questions? O__o
If I forgot anyoens question I'm sorry, just ask it again I guess.

Oh, and last but not least. YAY!!! ^___^ 1,000 posts, *woot woot*
Thanx for the incuragement and support everyone, you are the backbone to this project.

Thank you,
Captain Arcane

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
for the anti hacking
why not use gameguard? i know its used in alot of free online games, so you could probly use it for this one

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
but the thing is if you use stuff like game guard where hackers have already had experience trying to hack into stuff like that. then you'll put yourself at more of a risk. i actually suggest havin a backup so if the hacker figures out how to deal with one part then the other will still block him out. kinda like having 2 firewalls. im just saying it may work better to have a second line of defense when your done. but thats up to you
sorry if it doesnt work like that though. im just thinkin that you can have another wall that looks after the first wall.

Years
Cool, 'cause the last thing we need is like a gameshark for Pokemon the Lost World or some **** like that. O_o
Also, how are you going to make the Pokemon contests work?
Will it be both dressups and move contests and audience judjing?

well, keep it up ^^

Years
Hey Captain I was thinking about the market and i thought to make it seem more realistic only you can only sell something to a shop which would stock what you want to sell

For Example
You could sell a Pokeball to a Pokemart
You couldnt sell a Pokeball to a Herbal Shop

Or something along those lines

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
sweet love to hear that a games finaly implementing the full whirll islands and the wirll cup, ive been waitng for someone to finaly do that. one question as it is the whirll cup are you going to have it so it only allows water pokemon.

Captain Arcane

Years
Hey Captain I was thinking about the market and i thought to make it seem more realistic only you can only sell something to a shop which would stock what you want to sell

For Example
You could sell a Pokeball to a Pokemart
You couldnt sell a Pokeball to a Herbal Shop

Or something along those lines

Thats not to bad of an idea rockyboy. But I'll look into it, if you would like to go more in-depth with this idea, feel free to PM about it. I'd like to hear what you have to say.

sweet love to hear that a games finaly implementing the full whirll islands and the wirll cup, ive been waitng for someone to finaly do that. one question as it is the whirll cup are you going to have it so it only allows water pokemon.

Well, from what I can remember about the whirl cup, I think only water pokemon were allowed. And if so, than I will most likely make only water pokemon be able to fight. But, I still have to do research on it.

Also, Route 3 is almost finished. I hope to reveal it this weekend, I going for Saturday. So, be sure to stay tuned for an update. Also, Route 3 will be the first route to incorporate a new Key Item!!! So, like I said, be sure to stay tuned, more is on the way.

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
Also, Route 3 is almost finished. I hope to reveal it this weekend, I going for Saturday. So, be sure to stay tuned for an update. Also, Route 3 will be the first route to incorporate a new Key Item!!! So, like I said, be sure to stay tuned, more is on the way.

Great to hear it, Cap'n!

Hmmm... I wonder what key item..?

Gysztaf

Event Collector
Years
I don't think this question has been asked but can you battle other online players or just NPC:s and Wild Pokémons??

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
Years
Gysztaf, I don't mean to be rude, but if you would please look through the first post before asking such questions, we would all be a bit happier and more pleased.

Oh yeah, an I have some ideas. You would be able to do things like make deals with people, like 'I'll trade you a dratini and two Leftovers for that Draco plate' or something
like that. And also, you could sell Pokemon, and hold some sort of auction for them.

And just one question, will you include the underground?

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2008
36 gym badges is way too many. Probably you need to put 8 or 10 gym badges because it will be easier to create less cities. Besides that everything else looks great. <><

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years

Wait a second...

You haven't even done Route 2 OR Pewter City yet!
So much for doing everything in order...

EDIT: Yeah, nobody's posted, and I have a update! (The big space before the Edit is to grab someone's attention...) Anyways I now know how to display HTML codes,(Lightning told me) And, you can now post the banners in your signature!

Here's a banner. :3

HTML:
[url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=96483"][img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/RosenquistC/NewBanner.png[/img][/url]
Here's another banner... :3

HTML:
[url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=96483"][img]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/548/jfkqb7.png[/img][/url]
Hope you like them!

Last edited:

Captain Arcane

Years
Wait a second...

You haven't even done Route 2 OR Pewter City yet!
So much for doing everything in order...

Excuse Me!!!
So much for doing them in order!!

Listen, you don't know what I've done do you... no, you don't. You don't know what I've made, or accomplished, no... you don't. Making a remark like was completely rude and uncalled for. Maybe a better thing to say would've been
Hmm, you haven't made Route 2, or Pewter City yet, how come?
But no, you decided to be rude and inconsiderate for what you do not know. I've made plenty of things that 99% of the community doesn't even know about. To make a remark like that is just going to bring you more rude replies, and a bad rep. And if you didn't know, I make concepts for all my maps before I construct them. Alright! The concepts for Route 2, Viridian Forest, Pewter City, and Route 3 have already been made. So in fact, I have been working in order.

You should watch what you say. Next time I wont be so nice.

This conversation is over.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
hmm another route and a new key item. nic cant wait to check it out capt. if your implementing the whirl cup are you going to do other things based on the anime. like fighting the elite four in routes and towns. other then the pokemon leuge. just asking. *thinks to self* yes i got my game running but i cant move one inch lolz

seriously, the capt has the right to keep some stuff he's already done to himself so calm down about that. he probally already has done it
edit: its fine man just calm down when you post

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back