• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruom

Wee! Holidays! I'll get a Wii!
Years
  • well i think there should be, from times to times, events for the most rare ones, like celebi and jirachi, so they would be really very rare

about the map, i think something like the pokenav, where you could see the world map AND the city map, but the city map more detailed

will there be various setting for battles, like monotype battle, no ubers, time limit, etc?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    will there be various setting for battles, like monotype battle, no ubers, time limit, etc?

You'll most likely define those when you challenge someone.

And I was wondering, how will the game look like, I mean, when you play it? Will there only be a map, or also another window with quick start options, for example? No need to answer if you don't want to, I was just wondering. ^^

EDIT: I forgot to say, street names would be fun! ^^
    1. Most likely it will be as it is in the normal Pokemon games. The sphere engine also allows clicking with a mouse, so we could probably include more.
    2. Street names would probably take to much time, and if you think about big the game actually is, a waste of time.

Last edited:

bruom

Years
  • Street names would probably take to much time, and if you think about big the game actually is, a waste of time.

agreed. with many huge cities and towns, all of them with at least 10 streets, that would be too much time consuming, i think a map board would be better, it would be like in real life

about toasterking2000 idea: thats not a bad idea, as those HMs really are a waste of move slot, but if you have a HM slave, just deposit it before important or hard battles; altough i still prefer to have them as an item

Years
  • I've been following this thread for a while now, and I finally decided to post.
    This is probably the best looking game I've seen in a looooong time. Words cannot describe it's epicness. You have my full support and again, this is to incredible to describe.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2010
    You'll most likely define those when you challenge someone.

1. Most likely it will be as it is in the normal Pokemon games. The sphere engine also allows clicking with a mouse, so we could probably include more.
    2. Street names would probably take to much time, and if you think about big the game actually is, a waste of time.

I cannot see how that would be to much work. All it is is a sign post that reads a streetname. But whatever. I edited my post with more answered questions and an alternative to street names.

Just quoting... But indeed, a map board would be great too ^^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Just quoting... But indeed, a map board would be great too ^^
    Street names would have no point at all, as the entire point of Street names is for Mail services.
    You pitiful attempt to try and dislocate what I said has failed :p

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • Yes, I have decided not to incorporate street names, a Map Bulliton Board would be a much better idea. I think that I will go with that. ^_^

I'm almost done creating the whole concetp for the battle system. Which when it is finsihed, I will reveal how it will work.

But for the time being everyone, please don't ask questions about it, just wait. I really don't want to have to keep answering "Please wait till I release the concept". Its just going to be a waste of yours and my time.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
  • cool capt. cant wait to see what youve changed in the battle system. *thinkz to self*now its time to start working on my game again after a week of scouts. damn my arm hurts from tennis in summer pe. won every gamesorry went on a little rant there. lolz well street names would have been a good idea lazy lolz kiddin ;P

Years
  • 2-3 GB's? well, that's about the size of Halo 2, so i shall manage.
    In other aspects, thanks for your criticism [and you know what i am talking about].
    you have propelled me work it harder make it better and do it faster.

anyways, it's good to see that you're still making progress, and i hope things are looking up for you.

just a quick question, and i don't mind if you don't answer it, but how is the player to player interaction going to work? is it going to be like D/P where you have a certain number of options or are we talking runescape where you can say what you want [excluding swears etc.] when you want? because if it's going to be like the latter one then how are you going to moderate people's behaviour and whether they should get a ban or something?

i can't wait to see how the 4-6-8 attack system will be incorporated into the battle system. will it be something like the contests in R/S where you can perform combos for higher damage?

cheers, and keep up the fantastic work,
    SirWillis04

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    if it is that size ... then wouldn't it make more sense to download a 2-3 megabyte installer and then have that download and instsall the rest? that way it can run in the background, and if something goes wrong the installer can just resume the download from where it was easily

Years
  • if it is that size ... then wouldn't it make more sense to download a 2-3 megabyte installer and then have that download and instsall the rest? that way it can run in the background, and if something goes wrong the installer can just resume the download from where it was easily
    that's a very clever idea actually, and also that means that it won't take up too much internet speed as it's an external client. but meh, cool idea. reminds me of limewire :P

joeloa

booklover88
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2010
    Will you be able to choose between different surf sprites like you can choose your character sprite?(Blastoist, Fraligater, Swampert, Empoleon, Lapras, Wailmer, Kyogre, ect.)
    Will you be able to fly between regions? (Besides by airplanes)
    Will you have to pay to use transportation such as airplanes, taxi, boat, and train?
    Will you make both headbutting trees and honey trees?
    Which berry system will you use? (GSC or RSE)
    No one answered my questions.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Will you be able to choose between different surf sprites like you can choose your character sprite?(Blastoist, Fraligater, Swampert, Empoleon, Lapras, Wailmer, Kyogre, ect.) Probably not
    Will you be able to fly between regions? (Besides by airplanes)No
    Will you have to pay to use transportation such as airplanes, taxi, boat, and train? Yes
    Will you make both headbutting trees and honey trees? Yes
    Which berry system will you use? (GSC or RSE) Both

bruom

Years
  • And also there will be at least 100 TM's, and 12 HM's. Depending on how much moves there will be in this game, I will decide a correct number for the amount of TM's

well, i think those 12 HM's are:

1.cut
    2.fly
    3.surf
    4.strenght
    5.flash
    6.rock smash
    7.rock climb
    8.dive
    9.waterfall
    10.defog
    11.whirpool
    12.god cant remmber another one...

but i think both flash and defog will be included, their effects may be almost the same, but there are some differences

Sounds

Attrapez les tous!
    Years
  • So if the pkmn centers was redone,does that mean that the pokemarts r gonna be redone as well?

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
    Years
  • I recoded the banner for Pokemon:TLW. I don't know how to display it on the forums in code, so here it is... as a poster...

EDIT: If you want to post it in your sig, just tell me how to display it in code, or copy and paste the poster into your sig. Hope this helps! ^_^

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • Here is the list of HMs that are going to appear in the game. So this should settle some debate.
    HMs

01 - Cut
    02 - Fly
    03 - Surf
    04 - Strength
    05 - Flash
    06 - Rock Smash
    07 - Waterfall
    08 - Dive
    09 - Whirlpool
    10 - Headbut
    11 - Defog
    12 - Rock Climb

There also has been talk about having items that will act like HMs, but they aren't. And to answer any pondering questions about the subject, the answer is no, this game will not feature items that do the work of HM. But there wil be certain items that can be used at "certain" locations, but they do not remove the use of any HM.

Oh, and the depate againt the difference between Flash, and Defog; for those of you who think not, there is "big" difference between Flash, and Defog. Apparently some of you think that if its foggy, you can just get a light and your problems will be solved...well, you wrong. If there is a thick fog somwhere, light will not cut it. And if you can't notice the difference, then you shouldn't be talking about it.

Flash:
    Type: Normal
    Description: Lights up dark caves outside of battle

Defog:
    Type: Flying
    Description: Clears fog on field

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back