• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Lysandre... [SPOILERS]

Years
  • The story was rather dark, but not in any way bland. Most of his team has disappeared (possibly from explosion/implied deaths), but you can see a few around. One is in a house in Kiloude City, saying he has lost his ways as a Team Flare member (but wanted to keep his snazzy suit :3)
    which one is kiloude city?

Years
  • i was so confused about it... but what concerned me even more was how nobody seemed to really care?

when we all left his secret base there was like one person outside all of those flipped houses and the huge gaping hole and all he had to say was
    "haha! we might have just had a bunch of rocks before but now we have a huge ol' hole!"

?!?!?!??!

where are all the concerned adults and police and firemen and grieving families i dONT UNDERSTAND

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    i was so confused about it... but what concerned me even more was how nobody seemed to really care?

when we all left his secret base there was like one person outside all of those flipped houses and the huge gaping hole and all he had to say was
    "haha! we might have just had a bunch of rocks before but now we have a huge ol' hole!"

?!?!?!??!

where are all the concerned adults and police and firemen and grieving families i dONT UNDERSTAND

Why is ash still 10 year old. we never know lol

Years
  • Why is ash still 10 year old. we never know lol
    at least that i can understand to an extent because in the tv series children like continuity and it would be complicated to age him each season i guess?

but. but.

i don't know, think what you want, but i'm pretty sure he killed himself and took down whoever else was in that HQ base with him. nobody could've survived an explosion like that.

but y'know, instead of screaming and crying and worrying about the charred bodies under the wreckage in the middle of what used to be a town, we just go to the next town to celebrate and the NPC villagers are the same as ever.

like. your friends were in those houses. why are you not concerned?!

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    at least that i can understand to an extent because in the tv series children like continuity and it would be complicated to age him each season i guess?

but. but.

i don't know, think what you want, but i'm pretty sure he killed himself and took down whoever else was in that HQ base with him. nobody could've survived an explosion like that.

but y'know, instead of screaming and crying and worrying about the charred bodies under the wreckage in the middle of what used to be a town, we just go to the next town to celebrate and the NPC villagers are the same as ever.

like. your friends were in those houses. why are you not concerned?!

Possible them build were own by the Team Flare npc.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    That was suicide?
    From what I gathered, I thought he was cursing you with eternal life.

How would he go about doing that? The player has already caught/defeated Xerneas and I thought you needed it in the machine to do that. I know I'm missing something. Someone please explain because I have a feeling that this is true.

Years
  • i think his goal was to grant all of you with eternal life?
    but when we ran out of the base he kind of freaked out, right?
    and don't forget that some people view death as an "eternal resting/eternal afterlife".

i mean. i dunno.
    if you've watched legend of korra at all, he kind of pulls a tarrlok.
    he gets so angry that he just kind of uses the machine but it backfires?
    and it explodes. in the cut-scene it shows that it was clearly a huuuuge blast.
    and in the end he's trapped under a pile of rubble in the middle of a huge hole.

so even if he is still alive, he's doomed to be trapped down there
    alone. forever. in the dark.

but i doubt he lived. i doubt anyone else on the weapon lived, either.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    How would he go about doing that? The player has already caught/defeated Xerneas and I thought you needed it in the machine to do that. I know I'm missing something. Someone please explain because I have a feeling that this is true.

Here is what happens: he promises eternal life and you and your friends run away immediately but he sets the device off thinking he can curse you with it before you escape. The machine has a little power left so it fires but it's to weak to go full purpose and flies back down into the machine blowing everything in the town up. The end....

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    Here is what happens: he promises eternal life and you and your friends run away immediately but he sets the device off thinking he can curse you with it before you escape. The machine has a little power left so it fires but it's to weak to go full purpose and flies back down into the machine blowing everything in the town up. The end....

I see. Thank you! Imagine if we get to see our player end up like AZ in Gen 16 :P I know this is off-topic but the inhabitants of Geosenge are probably deranged. The town blew up, houses got overturned and all they have to say is that there's now a huge hole in the ground.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
    Years
  • Lysandre never died. You may have interpreted that he died, but there's no actual proof that he did. It's your personal headcanon.

But I sure hope he didn't! He's very, very close to being my favorite main villain, Cyrus beating him by a hair. He's the most in-depth character in the entire game. No other character has as much personality as him.

And Team Flare is based both on fashion and fire.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I see. Thank you! Imagine if we get to see our player end up like AZ in Gen 16 :P I know this is off-topic but the inhabitants of Geosenge are probably deranged. The town blew up, houses got overturned and all they have to say is that there's now a huge hole in the ground.

Lol, although it could be PDSD, where they sorta pretend it never happened.

Years
  • Lysandre never died. You may have interpreted that he died, but there's no actual proof that he did. It's your personal headcanon.

there's no actual proof that he lived, either.
    i mean. i personally think he's done for?
    and i'm not saying that you're wrong or anything
    but what makes you think he's still alive?

i'm just curious because i don't think anyone could've survived an explosion like that.
    and if by some miracle he survived that explosion, he would've been crushed by debris.

zoroarkrules25 said:
    ... PDSD, where they sorta pretend it never happened.
    ... do you mean PTSD?
    people with PTSD don't pretend a traumatic event never took place.
    that's psychological repression. [ and even then, that's not pretending, that's the brain protecting itself ]
    pretending something never happened is just denial.
    people with PTSD have flashbacks and severe bouts of terror and nightmares about the event.
    :/ sorry for off topic.

Last edited:

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
    Years
  • Hold on a second, I couldn't remember/fully interpret what happened at the end of the game. Unicorn, I agree, he did die.

I finally remember now! The explosion of the ultimate machine took the secret base with it, so Shauna, Calem/Serena and the player have to run out just in time before it collapses. Everyone else inside dies.

But anyways, the worst thing about the death of Team Flare is that nobody gives a crap. Sycamore is just like "so sorry about Lysandre's behavior" like he's his babysitter or something. Everyone else is just happy they're gone. I don't care if they were trying to destroy the world! A lot of people knew that their goal wasn't all bad, it's just what they were doing wasn't right! And Lysandre even learned his lesson at the end!

THE ENTIRE KALOS POPULATION IS MADE UP OF COLDHEARTED FREAKS!

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    I could see a situation where he actually survives and trys something else in sequels, which would be pretty awesome as he was a very interesting character, but was very underused. It is most likely that he did die though... He wouldn't really be able to survive that unless he was helped by something.

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
  • I never actually noticed a direct implication of death to anyone, but even if it's true, hasn't death been a theme since day 1? Remember Cubone's mother and the graveyard etc.? And the first movie when Mewtwo escapes the lab?

Years
  • Hold on a second, I couldn't remember/fully interpret what happened at the end of the game. Unicorn, I agree, he did die.

I finally remember now! The explosion of the ultimate machine took the secret base with it, so Shauna, Calem/Serena and the player have to run out just in time before it collapses. Everyone else inside dies.

But anyways, the worst thing about the death of Team Flare is that nobody gives a crap. Sycamore is just like "so sorry about Lysandre's behavior" like he's his babysitter or something. Everyone else is just happy they're gone. I don't care if they were trying to destroy the world! A lot of people knew that their goal wasn't all bad, it's just what they were doing wasn't right! And Lysandre even learned his lesson at the end!

THE ENTIRE KALOS POPULATION IS MADE UP OF COLDHEARTED FREAKS!

hahaha!! that's exactly what i was freaked out by!!
    nobody seemed to notice and/or care about it!
    even the townspeople!

and all of the houses that were overturned--nobody checked up on them!!
    no one went to see if their friends were okay!! and they're STILL laying over!
    i'm so, so, so confused by the lack of panic.

CyanideEspeon

Strange Woman
    Years
  • I just couldn't not feel sorry for Lysandre. He was trying to do what he believed was right, even though what he wanted to do was wrong. Also, we get a huge parade and Lysandre doesn't even get a tiny bit of something remotely funerary. In an attempt to fix this injustice, I named my male Litleo (now a Pyroar) after him. I also like to think that your four friends and Professor Sycamore feel awful, but keep it a secret. Also, did Lysandre's Pokémon die? If they did, shouldn't the NPCs at least feel sad about them?

Years
  • hahaha!! that's exactly what i was freaked out by!!
    nobody seemed to notice and/or care about it!
    even the townspeople!

and all of the houses that were overturned--nobody checked up on them!!
    no one went to see if their friends were okay!! and they're STILL laying over!
    i'm so, so, so confused by the lack of panic.
    well what do you expect in a world where team rocket can put on a mustache and trick people with more than 15 years of experience identifying them.

Back