• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Lysandre... [SPOILERS]

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
  • [STORYLINE SPOILER WARNING] What happened to Lysandre?

If this is not the correct place, feel free to move it, admins/mods/whoever you are
    ==

I will leave this as a spoiler, so feel free if you want to view the page or not.

Spoiler:

Discuss about your own opinion.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I know that in Y, his death is heavily implied.

I have heard, however, that in X, it's implied that he's become effectively immortal from long-term exposure to Xerneas and he's simply trapped with no way out.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • Well they may have had other methods to capture them. Maybe using apricorn balls, as they were used long before the industrial version of the Pokeball according a woman in Azalea town. Or using less powerful versions of the red chain.

Or maybe Pokémon trainers were more Pokémon Rangers back in the day? They couldn't have had Capture Stylers, but they could still have developed relationships with wild Pokémon to the point that these Pokémon would do battle for their cause.

there are rarely sequels, the only one in a passage of time is black and white 2. all others: yellow, crystal, emerald, and platinum are all the same timeline.

You're forgetting that Generation II was a direct sequel to Generation I, dude.

i meant of the same generation

Ah, point taken. Thanks for clearing that up.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • If you're wondering what Lysandre would be like in the hands of a good writer, look no further than Amon from the Legend of Korra. His motives actually make sense within the established universe (i.e. we actually see examples of Benders abusing non-Benders), his followers are actually intimidating and he actually has a complex, multi-part plan that almost worked in the end, intead of just saying "hey, let's just kill everyone we don't like and then the world will be a better place... somehow."

Wouldn't it make sense to compare Amon to Ghetsis instead of Lysandre? Both are truly evil antagonists who manipulated people for equality, only to be secretly one of the sources they formed an organization to turn against, so they can be the only ones to hold such power. Besides, LoK wasn't all too well-liked by the fans, so I wouldn't call the writers "good."

Redingard

The Rider Breeds Pokemon
    Years
  • Wouldn't it make sense to compare Amon to Ghetsis instead of Lysandre? Both are truly evil antagonists who manipulated people for equality, only to be secretly one of the sources they formed an organization to turn against, so they can be the only ones to hold such power. Besides, LoK wasn't all too well-liked by the fans, so I wouldn't call the writers "good."

Liked Show ≠ Good Writers. Plenty of examples (like the first Doctor Who part and then the first couple seasons of its reboot). The writers are fine, it was just how rushed it was.

On topic, however, Ghetsis hardly manipulated people. The only one he really manipulated was N, who was raised to think that way from the start, and maybe N's followers. Other than that, I'm pretty sure he was acting as N's awkward father-figure that would swoop down and claim all the glory. Amon and Lysandre are much better comparisons. While one really did feel for their cause, they were much better and well-written antagonists that had more similarities.

Back