• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Pokémon Challenge!

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
  • Day 1. Favorite Pokemon,
    Well I am sure there will be no surprise with this answer, My favorite Pokemon is Poliwhirl, I love everything about this Pokemon from the color to the design and the fact that I get to choose if it want a Poliwrath or Politoed.

Day 2: Least Favorite Pokemon
    Wow this is hard I go through periods of time where I hate a type of Pokemon but I usually get over it force myself to use it and then they grow on me. But the rules state I have to pick a Pokemon so I am going to go with Serperior I actually dislike the entire line but I have a special dislike for Serperior. I actually like nothing about this Pokemon it is do date the only starter type Pokemon which I have put in the PC during a regular play of the game.

pkmin3033

Spoiler:

Years
  • Day 02 - Least Favourite Pokémon

I know I had a fair share of Pokemon I don't like as much as others, but my absolute least fave title has to go to none other than Unown. It seems to only exist as a gimmick of being based on letters in the alphabet, and being unable to learn anything other than Hidden Power makes it nothing but completely useless.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Day 2: Least Favourite Pokémon

Spoiler:

I can relate. I prefer Riolu. I especially dislike Mega Lucario due to its terrible color scheme, and the fact that they're just giving a "universally loved" Pokémon more love. Remember what they did to Charizard in Gen VI?

Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 20, 2017
    Day 2: Least Favourite
    Magmortar. They had a chance to make Magmar useful. I loved Magmar, and ended up with that for an evolution? Ugh.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Well Day 3's topic sure is fitting given the recent reveal!

Day 03: Favourite Starter Pokémon

Without a doubt it's Squirtle. It's my favourite Pokémon so it follows that it would in turn be my favourite Starter Pokémon :P It's quite useful in RBY in dealing with Brock. That said I haven't done a playthrough of Kanto in ages (haven't really gotten far in my e-shop version of Blue) so I can't comment much on its usefulness past Brock, at least not from my own experience.

Apart from that, Totodile and Turtwig are my two other favourite Starter Pokémon (though I do love a lot of them). My love for Totodile again stems primarily from the anime, in which Ash's Totodile was very playful, energetic, and mischievous, and I do remember some cool scenes in which Ash used Totodile's Water Gun to dig ditches to trap and defeat Whitney's Miltank. I love the Water-type and Totodile fits the bill there as well, and has a pretty cool design too.

Spoiler:

Turtwig is another of my favourite starters. Really cool design for the line and I love the concept, particularly that of Torterra. It's also quite powerful and served me well in Platinum. I know some character in the anime had a Torterra (can't remember if it was Ash or Paul, or both) but I don't remember much about it then.

I also adore Rowlet. Obviously early days but it's adorable and has a really cool concept as well. Hopefully its evolutions are just as good!

Years
  • Day 03: Favourite Starter Pokémon

It's Oshawott, duh, who I already covered a lot for Day 1 so I figured I shall mention some other starters I love. My fave trios collectively seem to be Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos, and likely the new Alola trio are fast growing on me. Especially Popplio because he deserves justice and besides, he's the unloved derp like Oshawott once was.

Froakie is my second fave starter, and it initially started as my least fave of the Kalos bunch but its evolutions ended up being its saving grace to me, and I was definitely not let down by Greninja.

Mudkip is also a cutie, because you knew I liek Mudkipz. Water seems to often be my starter of choice if you may notice, but I still love all the differences with every starter.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Day 3 - Favorite Starter Pokemon:

It's a really tough choice, because I like pretty much all the starters. So I'll try to narrow it down to one.

Pikachu

I'm going to go with Charmander for my answer. It was my starter when I first played through Blue, and my starter when I first played through FireRed. I explored Kanto so many times with a Charmander by my side.

My only completed time playing through any Mystery Dungeon game was when one of the characters was a Charmander.

But most of all, Charmander is my favorite because it reminds me of someone that means a lot to me. Someone who started as a small salamander, then grew up to become a mighty dragon and spread his wings. Whenever I see a Charmander or a Charizard, I'm reminded of this person.

Spoiler:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Day 1 Favorite Pokemon:
    - This is easily the Sea Weasel, the amazing Buizel. Lots of this has to do with the anime and the guts Buizel had in battle no matter the odds. Though he may have lost a lot, I really appreciated the effort it put in. Secondly, I just find it absolutely adorable and I love its signature move, Aqua Jet.

Day 2 Least favorite Pokemon:
    - Hmmm lets see, there's Zubat, the Slowpoke line, and Heatran to name the first few to come to mind. I'm just really not a fan of any of those Pokemon at all.

Day 3 Favorite Starter:
    - This is an easy one, Chimchar! Its cute, fast and has great attack. My perfect Pokemon! The lack of fire types in the Sinnoh makes it that much better. Chimchar was also my first character in PMD: EoD, further linking us together.

A couple other starters I like a lot are Treecko, due to its awesome Mega with Sceptile and general, overall usefulness in Hoenn and Totodile which was my first starter ever and also due to the anime where it was purest of comic relief in the Johto saga but still an above average battler.

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
    Years

Well my favourite Pokémon is also my favourite starter, Totodile. I also have a deep liking for Bulbasaur in the first gen, just for the usefulness. Even though my very first starter was Squirtle if I remember correctly as a little kid. But yeah Totodile is always my pick and favourite starter ^ ^

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Day 2: Least favorite Pokemon

Never was a fan of most of those 4th Gen evolutions to previous pokemon. Some of them seemed unnecessary to me (Dusknoir) and others I just flat out hated the design (Rhyperior, Magmortar).

Day 3: Favorite Starter

Pretty fond of most of the starters aside from maybe Torchic. If I had to pick one, it'd probably be Snivy. I think it's pretty damn cute, and despite it's evolved forms not being my favorites, they're still cool in my book.

Years
  • Day 02 - Least Favourite Pokémon

Probably Budew tbh. When Platinum came out, I was exploring Eterna Forest and teamed up with Cheryl, that NPC with a Chansey. I was training some of my Pokémon (a Bidoof at this point) when Cheryl and I encountered a shiny Budew (and a Buneary). Since it was a double battle and you need to defeat one Pokémon to catch the other, I had to defeat Buneary with my weak Bidoof. We almost beat it, and then Cheryl decided it would be a fine idea to use Egg Bomb on the Budew, and it fainted pretty quickly.

I've played Pokémon since Gen I and that Budew is still the only Shiny I've seen (apart from events and things like the Red Gyarados). Looking back it might be more rational for me to hate that Chansey, but ever since then I've had very negative feelings for Budew.

Aw, that is so sad! Stooped NPCs!

Day 02 - Least Favourite Pokémon

Hmm, either Machamp or Hoopa. It's the arms!!

pkmin3033

Spoiler:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years

If you don't count the SM ones, it's a tie between Chesnaught and Serperior for me. The former has Bulletproof and is fun to use with Leech Seed and Spiky Shield. The latter has Contrary and Leaf Storm, so I can't really pick between thw two. But if you do count the SM ones, Litten will be my most favorite starter (unless its evolved forms look and fight terribly), mostly because it's a cat and it actually has that starter feeling to it. Being based off a domestic creature pretty much makes something like Litten so plausible as a starter.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Day 02: Least favourite Pokémon
    This is probably Luvdisc. What's it supposed to be, a heart shaped fish? I can see the heart, but how does it even swim? Next to a boring design, it's also pretty weak with very limited moves and terrible base stats. Not only that, but it's not able to evolve either.

Day 03: Favourite starter Pokémon
    Fennekin! Even though I've never used the fire fox, I can say it's super adorable. As a bonus it evolves into a pyromage and turn fire/psychic! It's perfect! <3
    Rowlet has a potential to beat it though, it's adorable and a bird, making it even more adorable. I need to see what the rest of its evolution line is going to be able to make a full judgement on them.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Day 03: Favourite Starter Pokémon
    As Piplup is my favourite Pokemon and I already mentioned why in my previous post, I shall detail some honourable mentions to this particular honour.

Despite starting with the Water type most often, my other 2 favourite starters are the Fire type: Charmander and Fennekin.

Charmander was the beginning of my very first adventure in Red aged 9, and Charizard was pretty much the coolest thing ever at that age (alongside Mewtwo). Despite a tough start to the game, Charizard pretty much walked through the rest of the game on his own for me. :D

Kalos' Fennekin is another favourite of mine. I spent ages deliberating which starter I would choose when my copy of X finally arrived and my decision was Fennekin. However, based on its later evolutions, I thought I would like a female one. Unfortunately impatience and bad luck with SR meant I decided to go with Chespin instead. I then later restarted as I regretted not sticking with my original choice. Fennekin and Braixen are my favourite Kalos Pokemon, and both are so adorable in the anime! :3

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Day 04: Favourite Eeveelution

This is a tough one! I do like them all (except for Sylveon, which hasn't really grown on me).

197.gif

Umbreon is probably my favourite though. I love its design - particularly its shiny design. It's very sleek and dark and exciting. I haven't used it in battle much but its defensive style isn't really my preference, but it's still a really cool Pokémon.

Runners-up would be Vaporeon and Flareon. I really like Vaporeon's design, it's quite elegant but also pretty relaxed. Plus it being a Water-type earns brownie points from me. Flareon isn't a very strong Pokémon but I've always been fond of its design as well.

Back