• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Pokémon Challenge!

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
  • Day 06 - First Pokémon Experience

I actually can't remember! When I was around 5 I must have gotten involved with Pokémon. Pokémon was popular when I just started school at 5, and I'm sure I had Blue by the time I was 6, or maybe before that. I'm pretty sure I would have started with the anime and then gotten the games, but I actually have no clue. Regardless, it's been a while. :P

Years
  • Day 06: First Pokémon experience

I can hardly remember, but being exposed to it at school was a fond memory for me. I had just moved to the US from Russia and couldn't speak English so watching the anime/playing the games (along with help from classmates of course) I quickly grasped the language. Been over 15 years now since I got into Pokémon when I was 8. Back then I'd have sticker and card collections, order Pokémon books from our biweekly book magazines, obsessively replay the games, rewatch episodes/buy casettes (that was a thing!), etc. <3

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years

I started to know Pokémon when one of the magazines did some cover about Pokémon in the first place. That time I didn't quite know much about its anime or games yet, and it took months before I knew that its anime is booming that I started to watch it and like it, whenever via rental videos, or via watching along with my neighbor and relatives.

Years

I believe it was when people at school were talking about Pokemon and I jumped into the craze, since Pokemon was starting to blow up internationally when I was young. I had also been watching the anime on a regular basis, and given I didn't start Pokemon gaming until 2003 it was definitely the anime that led me to the fan I am today.

pkmin3033

I still remember this! My next door neighbour brought over one of the original Pokemon Master Guides the Nintendo Official Magazine had published, plus some figures - Gengar, Meowth, and I think Venusaur and Blastoise as well. I didn't really go much on them at the time, honestly. He was very disappointed in this, because he'd gotten the figurines early and thought I'd be impressed, but I had absolutely no idea what the hell he was going on about and was more interested in going out and going fishing. I do remember thinking the Gengar was pretty cool though, it was one of these ones and if you held it up to the light just right it looked kinda spooky. xD

I'd count my first proper Pokemon experience as watching the first episode of the anime on SMTV a few days later, really. It was pretty damn exciting, and everyone was talking about it in school on Monday morning. Pokemon Red followed not long after that, for my birthday that year. That was what got me into the franchise. The figures were a lot more interesting after that...

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Day 06 - First Pokémon Experience
    30 Days of Pokémon Challenge!

As time continues to pass and memories become more fragmented, one memory regarding Pokemon remains: the time when I received my very first game. I remember receiving a clear Game Boy Color for Christmas at the age of 9, it was one of the first presents I opened and I had no accompanying games yet. That was until I unwrapped Pokemon Red (I believe it was a gift from my uncle?) and beheld that beautiful red box with Charizard in all its glory. I pretty much began to play straight away, using Charmander to commence my very first Pokemon journey.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Day 06 - First Pokémon Experience

Ah, yes. My first experience with Pokémon was when I was six or seven. I don't know how I got into it in the first place, but they were fun times, when I was playing Pokémon Ruby on my GBA and one time even trying to beat Drake before the school bus arrived.

On another note, I used to love watching the anime. When I went to my grandmother's house, there would air the Pokémon GS anime. Good times.

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
    Years
  • Day 06: First Pokémon Experience

Well I don't know anymore how it was like. But I still remember, I was roughly 5 or 6 when I took the gameboy of my sibling and the Pokémon Blue. Didn't know what I was doing playing it ^ ^; And it would take 6 more years before I came back to Pokémon. heh.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Day 05 - Favourite Legendary Pokémon

Normally I'm not too keen on legendaries, unless they're birds, I love birds. That's Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres, but also Ho-Oh, Lugia (technically not a bird, but still awesome) and Yveltal.

Whil it's design is not super impressive, I'm also really fond of Zekrom, because of this card. If it wasn't for that card I would have a tough time facing my friend's decks with my relatively old cards. Also, Zekrom who dance uncontrollably are a thing at Pokémon Trivia. :D

Day 06: First Pokémon Experience

My first contact with the Pokémon franchise was when I watched a bit of the anime as a kid. We had two videotapes with three episodes from the end of the Indigo League era each, that I watched a lot, like an incredibly lot. The two episodes in Blaine's Gym were truly epic back then, but I remember missing some of the references. (Like Misty shouting Ash still owned her a bike. I never understood why until I saw the first episodes much, much later.)

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • 5. Favourite legendary
    It's either Rayquaza or Yveltal. For the former, Pokémon Emerald was my first handheld Pokémon game and before I even got it, I saw Rayquaza in XD (from Free Play I believe, haven't played it in a good while) and I really wanted it. It's green (favourite colour) and it's a sky dragon with a cool design. Having a broken Mega evolution is actually hilarious. As for the latter, I wanted to get Y (though I preordered both) because Yveltal has such a cool design; it's not just a bird, it's a horned bird of destruction (I also like birds). Also, can't wait to get its shiny bacon form!
    That Moon bat looks amazing too, I need to use it before I can fully judge it. It might join in my favourite legendary if I'm impressed with it.

6. First Pokémon experience
    I remember getting into the cards, anime, and watched the movies when I was in first grade. I later dropped it next year because it wasn't cool anymore.

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
  • Day 06: First Pokemon Experience

My first Pokemon experience started with the Pokemon DP Anime about 6-7 years ago. I remember really enjoying it. Then, after I saw the TGC commercials on TV, I decided to beg my mom for the cards. So my brothers and I started playing the card game (but we didn't know anything about energies or evolution, so my brother just kept owning me with a Raichu XD). About a couple of months (I think) later, I begged my mom for one of the games. So, we went to GameStop and bought Pokemon HeartGold for myself, and Pokemon SoulSilver for my brother; before this, I rarely played video games, so this was a huge experience for me.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Day 05 - Favorite Legendary Pokémon

Probably the Vast White Pokemon, Reshiram. I think it has a pretty regal appearance, and I love it's lore surrounding truth and ideals.

Day 06: First Pokemon Experience

Watching one of my friends older brothers play Pokemon I think. I remember he wouldn't let me try it out so I begged my mom to go out and by me a copy; I think that was October of 98'. Got my copy of Red not too long after, and then came the TV show and card frenzy too.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Day 4 - Favorite Eeveelution:

Jolteon is my favorite. I never used any of the Eeveelutions in any of the games, but I did used to carry around a Jolteon plushie.

Day 5 - Favorite Legendary Pokemon:

I like a lot of the legendary Pokemon, but I think my favorite is Lugia. I like its design and the mythology behind it. Johto is home to my other favorite legendaries, like Ho-Oh and Suicune, and I like how they're all inter-connected with each other. And I do like the real world legend that was the basis of Lugia's design.

Day 6 - First Pokemon Experience:

Getting ready for school one day, I was watching the news and they ran a story about some anime in Japan causing children to have seizures. While the story was running, the news channel was showing scenes from the fifth episode of the first season, where Pikachu battles Onix.

It wasn't until later, when Toys "R" Us sent a promotion video tape in the mail that I remembered what it was I saw that morning.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Day 07 - Most Memorable Pokémon Experience

For me, I can't narrow it down to one specific experience but a set of experiences. I have fond memories of playing Pokémon Stadium 2 with my brother and cousins when we were younger, battling with all of our favourite Pokémon and giving them all random names and personalities, pretending to by Gym Leaders, etc. It was lots of fun because we had no other way to battle each other, given our Link Cable sucked :P

I also have fond memories of playing Crystal while my brother played Silver, and watching the Pokémon movies with my cousins as well.

I think overall though my favourite Pokémon experiences have been when I've experienced Pokémon with other people and had shared experiences with them and formed memories around that.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Day 07 - Most Memorable Pokémon Experience

Let's see...

OK.

I was awake at day. It was a weekend, and I decided to do what a normal eight-year-old would do: play some games. This particular game was Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team. I would walk to the living room and sit on a couch just to play that thing. Every weekend after that I would've woken up just the same, trying to finish the game.

Years
  • Day 07: Most memorable Pokémon experience

Being so excited when my Skiploom evolved into Jumpluff (after beating Morty) at age 9 that I threw my GBC into the air. Luckily it didn't break when it fell but the batteries popped out and game progress was thrown back to right after the first gym.

I then played in quiet sadness, hating myself for being so irresponsible. ;(

pkmin3033

Day 07 - Most Memorable Pokémon Experience

Going to the cinema to see Pokemon: The First Movie. It was a huge craze by this point, so getting to watch the film was beyond exciting for child me. Not only that, but you got a free card out of it! I got the Dragonite. I remember the cinema being ridiculously packed with hyperactive kids, and even my dad enjoyed it. I don't think I had Mewtwo in my game at that point either, and I'd only heard weird rumours about Mew. Everyone was REALLY excited about Donphan at the beginning...and there was this one kid that literally screamed at the top of his lungs "But that's Scyther!" during that infamous Team Rocket silhouette scene. xD

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Day 07 - Most Memorable Pokémon Experience
    Regarding in game memories, I always remember Piplup defeating Cynthia's Milotic to make me the Champion after around 150+ hours of gameplay.

However, my most memorable Pokémon experience IRL would be going to see the first movie in the cinemas with my Burger King Mewtwo figure in hand (and my family reluctantly dragging behind). I received a ridiculously cute Dragonite promo when we went, although I was disappointed because Mewtwo was life for me at that age. That opening sequence was seriously exciting, especially with Donphan vs Bulbasaur (I was like "WHO IS THAT POKEMON?!!!) and the remixed theme song was perfection.

Another fond memory was skipping uni and taking a 3 hour train back home just so I could go to the Arceus GAME event which coincided with the preview play of HeartGold/SoulSilver. When I returned to uni the next day and told others why I wasn't there, let's just say they never forgot that for the next 2 years we studied together :D

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Day 7 - Most Memorable Pokemon Experience

When it comes to my most memorable Pokemon experience, it might have been the first time I ever caught a Legendary Pokemon. I recall it was when I first played Blue, I had gone to the Power Plant to look for more Pokemon. That was where I encountered Zapdos. I don't remember much of the battle, but I do know I did not use a Master Ball to catch it. (That was because I did not know about the Missingno glitch at the time.)

Back