• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 3DS Information/Discussion Thread

Years
  • I have a quick question... is Gamestop having one of those offers where you can sell your current DS and get like $70 or whatever for it towards a purchase of a 3DS? I really want to do that...

Here are deals for trade-ins towards 3DS

U.S.
    3DS Trade Up Offer

Trade your DSi XL and get $100 in-store credit toward the reservation of a 3DS, trade in your DSi and get $75 or trade in your DS lite and get $50.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the pre-order of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net savings is after trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 01/24/11 - 04/03/11.

Canada
    SAVE $125 ON A NEW NINTENDO 3DS WHEN YOU TRADE IN YOUR DSi XL!*
    OR GET $125 TRADE CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE 5 GAMES TOWARDS YOUR PREORDER** *See in store for complete details. Offer valid through April 02, 2011

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I have to say...all my hype for the 3DS drained when I saw the launch lineup. I wasn't even that turned off by the price, but the fact that there are no good games at launch (even OoT might have persuaded me to jump at launch, and I've played that game multiple times) makes me want to wait until some other games like Zelda/Star Fox/Kid Icarus come out before jumping on the 3DS. Plus they'll have all the online infrastructure and eShop set up at that point.

Years
  • About time you showed up, Morkula! XD

I do agree. The release titles, IMO and for my personal gaming taste, aren't the best that could be released. The only reason I am getting the 3DS on release date, is because that is the only time I can get the discount and I am not even buying ANY games with it! XD.
    But I can't pass off £100 for it.​

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • Yeah, I agree with Morkula, there don't seem to be any good games out on the release date. All of the great games that got me really excited about the 3DS are out later in the year. Hopefully something will be brought forward, or else there better be some good stuff on the download shop.

By the way Captain Fabio, the wikipedia page seems to have a lot of release dates on it which you could add to the first page.

Years
  • If you'd actually looked at the article, you'd have seen that you don't. But whatever, I was just trying to help.

No no, don't take my comment the wrong way. Please don't.
    If I seemed short, sorry, I am just rather stressed at the moment! :P

Which parts did you mean? Thank you for the input.​

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I'm more hyped for the hardware and AR games than I am for the launch games. Preordered a while back, and I'm following through with that, but I'm not sure whether I'll get a game right off the bat. I may simply have to play Pokemon until Paper Mario comes out! Admittedly Pilotwings, that samurai thingie and Steel Diver seem interesting. SSFIV and Nintendogs don't appeal to me much. The rest seems to be proof that shovelware will indeed exist for this system.

Japanese release in 10 hours. :D AR Graffiti looks really amusing.

Last edited:

Togakiss

Stay calm and collective.
    Years
  • Being able to play Street Fighter on the go is one of my life long dreams. /Tears of joy

I'm crying tears of joy with you! (;
    I remember playing Street Fighter at a hockey rink that I use to go to and just played for hours straight. It's definitely the first game that I'm going to get when I purchase my 3DS!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I changed my mind and decided to go for Cosmos Black when I saw Aqua Blue when I saw some videos people did of the Japanese Aqua blue console a few days ago. It kinda looks like a plastic toy IMO. xD

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 12, 2013
    I'd go for black, but I think I'll hold on to see if they release a white version, as that is the quintessential DS colour for me.

Back