• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Mapping Editor [Cancelled]

BLAx501!

Pokemon Flux
Years
Notification

Due to missing implementations, real-life stress and other things concerning the GUI and the editor itself, I will not be able to release an alpha this week and maybe also not next week. I could release one but dislike this idea because I do not want to share unfinished and maybe buggy things. So please be patient a week or two. :-)

Dude, please don't rush with this project. I prefer to wait a couple of week to get a more stable release than having it now. If there are any bugs, make sure some people will start complaining about it and you may loose interest on doing this, so take it easy as we all count on you :P

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Notification

Due to missing implementations, real-life stress and other things concerning the GUI and the editor itself, I will not be able to release an alpha this week and maybe also not next week. I could release one but dislike this idea because I do not want to share unfinished and maybe buggy things. So please be patient a week or two. :-)
The majority of the community has been using A-Map for over 5 years. We can wait a few more weeks for a stable map editor :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 30, 2016
Thanks for your support guys, you are amazing! :-)
Just if you're wondering, I am currently trying to redesign the GUI in special terms: motivation. The user is going to spend quite a lot of time with a mapping editor, thus the GUI should be designed to motivate and refresh the user. I've tried designing something (this probably takes longer than the actual map-loading-logic itself, haha) and want to give you an insight:

Spoiler:

As you can see, it is not completely finished, but most of the main GUI is finished. I chose blue because it always had a motivating effect on me. :-)

Mueez

Currently Working on "" POKEMON :MYSTERIES OF LEGE
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2023
Just asking.
Does this Map editor support only FIRE RED uptil now.
or it supports Ruby and Emerald too?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 30, 2016
Nope, the editor will support all major ROM types and support for all the features will be maintained for all of them!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 30, 2016
Working on the user interface!

Small update guys! Here are some GUI screens, from the map itself, the movement permissions and from the first design of the NPC event page. A big "thank you" goes to daniilS who let me use the movement-permission pieces for my editor. Note: The event-loading has not yet been implemented, I need to finish the design first!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I was a bit skeptical at first but you've been making some amazing progress with this! It's really shaping up to be an amazing new map editor.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Things here that will make me call you Big Daddy:
  • Support for expanded ROM offsets
  • Actually showing the correct pallets of certain NPCs correctly (I think this is an Emerald-only problem)
  • Allow us to edit the World Map on the program
  • Allow us to import our own World Map image (I realize that this might be hard asf, since that'd mean a tilemap and tileset, just a suggestion though)
  • Automatically index and fix colors for images (really time-saving) when inserting tilesets
  • Allow us to import various map/world map-related ASM routines, such as expanding the amount of flight spots
  • A quick reference tab of movement permissions

This map editor is looking REALLY nice, I'm really looking forward to using it. Thank you for dedicating your time to such an awesome tool.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
This really is looking awesome, I'm excited for it. I'd like to see a start map editor built in, as well as a zoom feature (which will make life infinitely easier when this is ported to other devices :D)

Keep up the awesome work!

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
This really is looking awesome, I'm excited for it. I'd like to see a start map editor built in, as well as a zoom feature (which will make life infinitely easier when this is ported to other devices :D)

Keep up the awesome work!
Zooming out would be awesome when making big maps.

Mueez

Currently Working on "" POKEMON :MYSTERIES OF LEGE
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2023
@~Pokedude~
IDK if anyone has mentioned it before but...
Have you seen the alpha release of Shiny Quagsire's MEH ?
It has a connection editor type thingy
. Like to move maps with mouse rather than typing offsets like in Advance Map.
Can you implement that?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 30, 2016
Bit too early for April Fools jokes, isn't it? No, this is not a joke, this project is cancelled. I don't see any reason to develop this further with another, strong editor as its opponent (plus, diegoisawesome is one of the greatest and most skilled programmers of his generation). Diego will shake this thing, I am pretty sure. So please do not worry about this and look forward to the "Awesome Map Editor"! :-)

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
Plus the features you were going to have were epic :( I hope Diego will take some of the ideas you were going to implement and will use them in his project.

Last edited:
Back