• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Mapping Editor [Cancelled]

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
  • Bit too early for April Fools jokes, isn't it? No, this is not a joke, this project is cancelled. I don't see any reason to develop this further with another, strong editor as its opponent (plus, diegoisawesome is one of the greatest and most skilled programmers of his generation). Diego will shake this thing, I am pretty sure. So please do not worry about this and look forward to the "Awesome Map Editor"! :-)

No offense intended and I'm very sorry to say this but that's very disappointing... You took another map editor as an "opponent" while both yours and the other editor's features are different in some aspects... Though I do hope the next time you will do another project, you won't quit because of the same reason...

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    If I'm honest I was very excited for this project and I don't think the fact that someone else is doing something similar should stop you from doing your map editor.

Of course you could collaborate, but regardless it's a good learning experience at any rate and I imagine quite an interesting thing to do.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • I'd just like to point out that even if you've decided to cancel the map editor, it's usually best to not delete the source code from github. 'Cause there may come a time in the future when someone might want to look at the code and compare it to theirs, to see what kind of bugs occur in their program and not in the cancelled project.

But of course, it is your decision after all. But I'm just saying that there might be some pieces of code that work properly in your map editor and not in AME. ^^'

Back