• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversion

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
  • Oh, then the requirements to Mega Evolve your Pokémon hasn't been filled properly. You seem to have done it correctly. However, is Slaking Mega-ing to Charizard and Charizard Mega-Ing to Slaking? If so, that's your problem. Use OPEN Pokémon slots. Extend the roster or use the slots between Celebi and Treeko has the others said.

Yes, yes, I'm already noticed of this, it's only a test, but if the rival can megaevolve their Pokemon, Why I can't do it if both use the same Pokemon with the same setup? and in my bag I have the Gold Teeth and my Charizard are holding the Red Shard, but I still can't megaevolving my Pokemon, maybe is because I set the vars with the same value? (0x161)

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    But you don't psyducking understand what I'm trying to say. I get what you're TRYING to do, but instead of assuming that I'm incorrect, check the psyducking image you posted.

error2.png

You have psyducking charizard evolving into charizard.

That's maybe an error on G3HS. If you have two or many of the same names but in different indexes, the first one will register. Example: You have Charizard in slot 0x6 while your another Charizard (they share the same name) is in slot 0x1B8. If you set an evolution on the 0x6 Charizard which to Mega Evolution method to the 0x1B8 Charizard, due to the first reading of names, it will register the 0x6 instead of the 0x1B8. I just hope that the program will be fixed soon that will include the index number list while selecting the Pokemon to evolve into (the creator isn't online anymore in PC so don't expect for a new release of G3HS anymore).

I suggest name the duplicate into something else for a while. Once you are done setting the evolution on the original one, just rename the duplicate one. Example: I have the 0x1B8 as MCharizard as temporary name. I set Charizard's Mega Evolution into MCharizard. I'm done modifying and I go to the MCharizard's data and rename it as Charizard again.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Ello! Towards the end of the insertion steps for Windows users, there's a step that indicates that you must right-click some space in the root folder. However, for you're a Windows XP users (like myself), you're probably wondering, "Where is this allusive 'Command Prompt Here' command?"...

And then you flipped because you thought you couldn't complete the insertion. You probably just gave up all together. I know... I almost did too.

Well, in order to get this feature on Windows XP, you have to edit the registry and add a new button for when you right click folders. But since you probably don't want to do that, just download this file! Once the download is complete, run it, say "Yes" to the dialouge prompts and Windows will register it. This will give you a "Command Prompt Here:" button when you right click folders.

So, on that step near the end, do not right click free space inside the folder, but rather the root folder itself. Therefore, I'll be clicking on the folder "Mega" rather than anything inside of it. The button will pop up upon right clicking and you can intiate the last steps of inserting the Mega Evolution routine. HAVE FUN!

Or you can download some powerkey thing, that worked for me

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    i want to use this on expanded pokedex but i have reader,who a bug block this feature,
    on liker file i found
    ewram : ORIGIN = 0x02000000, LENGTH = 4M - 4k
    in my opinion if i expand pokedex with g3hs or other i overwrite ram code to mega evolve,can anyone tell me if my teory is right?
    Ps:excuse me for my english
    edit:this is too wrong

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    good news i found metod to expand the table:
    on clean rom expand pokedex whit gen3hs
    then open the g3hs ini for get some offset and chage on this file
    w w w. imagebam. com/imag e/bebf7d 424256856 (remove space)

;whitout this mod don't work because it point at the old blank table

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • good news i found metod to expand the table:

Your fully screenshot without spaces
    Spoiler:

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    good news i found metod to expand the table:

The new version of the code uses pointers to these tables now, instead of hardcoded offsets. This means that it should detect if you repoint any of the tables I used (items, trainers, base stats, evolutions and Pokemon names). That means you shouldn't need that fix any more.

UPDATE:

The new update includes new command line switches for insert.py. See insert.py --help for more details. In addition to this, insert.py now automatically creates uninstall.ips (IPS32 if you expanded your ROM). This allows you to remove the hack at a later stage and should ease updating to newer versions as they arrive.

Next steps will include more command line options to change the insertion location of the hack and hopefully a few more bug fixes.

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    I'm trying to update and make does its job but insert.py won't do anything. here's what my command prompt looks like:

kjhblkjhkljhkj_by_exodrake-d92ru0i.png

As you can see I ran insert.py and it did absolutely nothing.

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    how change message when mega evolving i want this on my language
    You could do that in a text editor after inserting.

That modified command also didn't work. It's not really the issue anyway since I can change the installation offset by dragging linker.lsc and insert.py over notepad and editing the offsets there. The issue is, insert.py just does nothing even if I don't mess with the offset.

leyn09

Truant Trainer
    Years
  • I managed to insert the routine but it doesn't seem to work whenever I press start. But there's a mega icon whenever I go to attack option, indicates that my input of preprequisites in the pokemon data are right. I already set var 4001 to 0x161. What should I do? Btw, I used a vanilla rom with Mrdollsteak and jpan engine patch inserted. Whether I use 0x800000 or another location for it, it still doesn't work.

Thanks for the help!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    you need to change the var in configure.h because var 4001 is Temporary/disposable variable.
    you nedd to change to a safe var which is between 4011 - 40FF
    example
    #define KEYSTONE_PLAYER_VAR 0x4011 /* Variable that holds item index for player keystone */
    #define KEYSTONE_OPPONENT_VAR 0x4012 /* Same as above but for partner */
    after in xse
    setvar 0x4011 0x(hex index of item)
    example
    setvar 0x4011 0x34
    0x34 is the frist ???????????????? after green shard
    http://www.imagebam.com/image/31dd62424367568

leyn09

Truant Trainer
    Years
  • you need to change the var in configure.h because var 4001 is Temporary/disposable variable.
    you nedd to change to a safe var which is between 4011 - 40FF
    example
    #define KEYSTONE_PLAYER_VAR 0x4011 /* Variable that holds item index for player keystone */
    #define KEYSTONE_OPPONENT_VAR 0x4012 /* Same as above but for partner */
    after in xse
    setvar 0x4011 0x(hex index of item)
    example
    setvar 0x4011 0x34
    0x34 is the frist ???????????????? after green shard
    http://www.imagebam.com/image/31dd62424367568

Oh I see. I'll try it. Thanks.

Regarding the new patch, it seems that make && ./insert.py gives errors; saying that "." is not recognizable.

leyn09

Truant Trainer
    Years
  • I'm trying to update and make does its job but insert.py won't do anything. here's what my command prompt looks like:

kjhblkjhkljhkj_by_exodrake-d92ru0i.png

As you can see I ran insert.py and it did absolutely nothing.

I'm stuck here, too. insert.py --offset 890000 doesn't do anything.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    i'm stuck here, too. insert.py --offset 890000 doesn't do anything.
    i think it is a bug
    change offset in linker.lsc and in insert.py to point your new location
    Can i change the image whic apperar on mega evolved pokemon?
    advance text give me error no pointer found

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018

That modified command also didn't work. It's not really the issue anyway since I can change the installation offset by dragging linker.lsc and insert.py over notepad and editing the offsets there. The issue is, insert.py just does nothing even if I don't mess with the offset.

I'm stuck here, too. insert.py --offset 890000 doesn't do anything.

Insert.py no longer produces the address output by default. You can turn on the debug output with insert.py --debug. Otherwise, just judge by how long it took to run. insert.py should produce the test.gba (unless you renamed it with one of those flags) and uninstall.ips (unless you ran it with the --no-patch flag). The patch takes a second or two to generate, that's why I say just judge by the time it took to run.

Choosing an offset (with --offset OFFSET) only changes the insertion location, and doesn't do anything to the "make" step. You still have to manually change the address in linker.lsc (but I'm working on that, don't worry). Also, you must prefix the offset with 0x

Maybe removing the output was a bad idea :P
    Should I add "DONE!" to indicate success?

i think it is a bug
    change offset in linker.lsc and in insert.py to point your new location
    Can i change the image whic apperar on mega evolved pokemon?

advance text give me error no pointer found

Change the image(s) in the ./assets directory and rerun make && ./insert.py
    What does advance text have to do with this though?

Back