• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
  • Are there any known restrictions or preventive measures which prevents clones (or the originals) from being transfered through Pokebank?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    And in reply to the comment below :P it's pretty useless to use statistics or "test" for.. since it's always 1 out of 1024 or whatever.. so that means one individual may encounter 1 shiny out of every 3 eggs, while another individual can hatch 10,000+ eggs and still never hatch a shiny, as for each individual egg, the odds are still 1 out of 1024 chance.

Sorry, I have to correct this. It is a well-known fact in statistics that the more data you collect, the closer you can approximate the actual probability. So even though a small set of data tells you nothing, the thousands of results in the Google Docs spreadsheet are actually likely to give a pretty accurate probability.

Spoiler:

In fact, they even have a standard error value included there, which shows the degree of accuracy of the estimation. At the moment the estimated value of the shiny rate is 1/472 with a standard error of 27.81, meaning the actual rate is highly likely to be between 1/444 and 1/500.

Last edited:

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Sorry, I have to correct this. It is a well-known fact in statistics that the more data you collect, the closer you can approximate the actual probability. So even though a small set of data tells you nothing, the thousands of results in the Google Docs spreadsheet are actually likely to give a pretty accurate probability.

Spoiler:

However in the end the statistics just tell you the odds are 1 out of 1024 regardless of how many test/surveys you take as that's still set in stone by the RNG (Programmed).

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    However in the end the statistics just tell you the odds are 1 out of 1024 regardless of how many test/surveys you take as that's still set in stone by the RNG (Programmed).

Well yeah, but you can hardly say that's useless. The whole point of the testing was to find out those odds in order to determine whether the Shiny Charm affects the Masuda Method this generation (and how much it affects it).

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    In pokemon-amie, is it possible to rub a pokemon that takes both 3DS screens?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    How do you get a reset bag for Super Training?
    You punch the ever-loving **** outta the blank (default) bag in Super Training until one appears, and pray to Arceus that the RNG doesn't hate you today.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • In pokemon-amie, is it possible to rub a pokemon that takes both 3DS screens?

Yes it is, you just have to get their top part to lower onto the bottom screen, like feeding them a Poke Puff.

or you can hold your finger/stylus on the upper part of your lower screen against the background(without touching the Pokemon), this will also cause the screen to shift to the upper part of the Pokemon :) and vice versa with the bottom of the screen to get back to their lower 1/2.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2014
    Does anyone know anything about the maintenance schedule; or when ratings battle is likely to be back up?

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Does anyone know anything about the maintenance schedule; or when ratings battle is likely to be back up?

When the Online Services are ever in maintenance, you just simply have to go to the Pokemon Global Link website:
    http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/

This time around, it looks like a Major update is underway, down until tomorrow.

Last time we had long maintenance like this, was when Pokemon Bank was re-released O:!

so maybe some patches to the game and services will follow..

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    When the Online Services are ever in maintenance, you just simply have to go to the Pokemon Global Link website:
    http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/

This time around, it looks like a Major update is underway, down until tomorrow.

Last time we had long maintenance like this, was when Pokemon Bank was re-released O:!

so maybe some patches to the game and services will follow..

The maintenance period when Pokebank came out was like 2-3 hours. They shortened the estimated update because they didn't do anything with the PGL like they intended to do. It had nothing to do with the Bank at all.

We may be switching battle seasons so they are resetting the online servers to get ready for the new online tournament season.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    We may be switching battle seasons so they are resetting the online servers to get ready for the new online tournament season.

Yeah, this is possible, although the current season ends on Sunday, so it seems a little premature. I want to believe that a patch is being introduced to improve the Pokemon Bank filter for hacked Pokemon, but I think this is a bit too much to hope for :P

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Yeah, this is possible, although the current season ends on Sunday, so it seems a little premature. I want to believe that a patch is being introduced to improve the Pokemon Bank filter for hacked Pokemon, but I think this is a bit too much to hope for :P

The Bank Server isn't part of the PGL. Its through a different system set up which is why its not linked to specific games and uses your Nintendo network ID while the PGL does not.

When there is PGL maintenance concerning Pokémon: A new mini game is being added, they are updating the general PGL site, or doing Site database to Game database information mergers and or improving the connection between games and the online servers.

Bank is ran through a separate cloud server that is updated through the general Nintendo Services. As far as I'm aware, the Bank is operational despite the downtime and battle spot ranking matches not being available. ( I did access mine this morning to transfer over another box.)

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    The Bank Server isn't part of the PGL. Its through a different system set up which is why its not linked to specific games and uses your Nintendo network ID while the PGL does not.

When there is PGL maintenance concerning Pokémon: A new mini game is being added, they are updating the general PGL site, or doing Site database to Game database information mergers and or improving the connection between games and the online servers.

Bank is ran through a separate cloud server that is updated through the general Nintendo Services. As far as I'm aware, the Bank is operational despite the downtime and battle spot ranking matches not being available. ( I did access mine this morning to transfer over another box.)

Ah yes, I forgot about that. I knew it was too good to be true :P

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • The maintenance period when Pokebank came out was like 2-3 hours. They shortened the estimated update because they didn't do anything with the PGL like they intended to do. It had nothing to do with the Bank at all.

Actually it was down for a whole day and 1/2.

and I wasn't talking about the European/US release, but in prep for the Japanese release/re-release.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • for reset bag I find its easiest to bin all yours other bags and put a fully trained Pokémon on the screen and leave the DS open overnight. It does 1 hit per minute for some time. Often gets me one reset bag. But often a crappy team flare bag...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Question: Is it possible to meet passers-by while playing PKMN X/Y even though you are not connected to the internet (but your wi-fi on 3DS is still enabled) ?
    Last night, while on a bus heading home, one random icon suddenly appeared on my once-empty Passer-by list. o.0
    I can battle/trade/give a nice to him, but after a minute, his icon grayed-out. =/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back