• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your 5 favourite Unova 'mons? (I've added descriptions to my list. yay!)

Years
  • My favorites:

1. Samurott - He's so handsome and cool ^_^
    2. Serperior - He's regal and noble
    3. Joltik - Wicked cute ^_^
    4. Sewaddle - Also wicked cute :)
    5. Reshiram - Beautiful and inspiring

Nakala Pri

TASTE MY SUPER POWERFUL ULTRA FIFTH GEN NO LIST JUTSU!

1- Dwebble 8D
    2- Axew 8D
    3- Deerling 8D
    4- Minccino 8D
    5- Keldeo 8D

I would add more but that'd be breaking the thread making wishers, thus making me liable to Erza's wrath. *bows humbly*

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • 1. Seismitoad - He looked badass so I had to pick him

2. Trubbish - He is just so derpy I love him ( some people will hate me for the this)

3. Zoroark - I just like him

4. Scolipede - Just like Seismitoad, he looks badass.

5. Beeheyem - I just liked his design so I picked him.

Years
  • 612.png
    547.png
    635.png
    584.png
    649.png

Those are my favourites (in no particular order) due to their appearances, honourable mentions have to go to Volcarona, Samurott, Zoroark and Victini though.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • The cool thing is that my 3 favourite Pokemon of all time are from Unova. It's a region with a really cool spread of Pokemon.

1. Chandelure. Its typing and stats are amazing, and I really like its appearance - especially as a shiny.

2. Hydreigon. It's...a dark hydra with a German numeral in its name, and a Dark/Dragon typing. What more to like?

3. Reuniclus. Adorable and strong at the same time, this little jelly thing soared to the top of my list when I got into competitive battling in Gen 5...unfortunately, other things have taken over.

4. Krookodile. It's the ghetto reptile of the Pokeverse. Nuff said.

5. Jellicent. Pimp jellyfish thing, with a Pringles moustache, it's great at taking hits. I love it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • 541.png

5. Swadloon
    I haven't really expressed it enough, but I really like Swadloon. I think it's adorable and it's the best sad cabbage ever! I like that it's an introvert kind of Pokemon and to evolve it, you need to have a high friendship with it. Makes sense and very clever!

646-b.png

4. Black Kyurem
    It's a fusion, but whatever, I love this thing. It's strange though, because I hated it at first and preferred the White Kyurem to the black one. I don't know where the love stemmed from. It really did come from no where, but Black Kyurem is great. I love the big guy, clunky arms and all.

501.png

3. Oshawott
    I have a hard time evolving this little guy! He's so cute and Samurott is so bland to me. Oshawott got a lot of heat when it was revealed, but I always thought it was the cutest of the starter bunch for gen V. Oshawott also helped me when I was sick. I got really sick on our Arkansas trip one year in marching band and when we go on these trips, we get money for it. I think we got $70 each that trip. I was so sick, I didn't even want to eat. I just wanted to buy a pillow when we stopped at a mall. I couldn't find anywhere that sold pillow pets, but I did find this huge plushie Oshawott backpack and he soothed my sickness and helped me get much needed rest. <3 For that, I have to love him and give him a higher spot in my Unova favorites!

494.png

2. Victini
    I've always thought this little babe was the cutest of the "tiny" legendaries. Plus it's a Fire type and I love that! It's also super strong in competitive play, something that most of my favorite Pokemon aren't usually good in, haha. I have always been a big fan of Victini, but I owe it to my good friend Larry for being such a big fan with me and causing me to love it even more! He always sent me cute fan arts of it that he found and I couldn't get enough. I have a plush Victini myself. n__n

548.png

1. Petilil
    If any of you know me, you know I think Petilil is a goddess. I spent the pre-BW hype avoiding spoilers!! But Kaori had an avatar of Lilligant that I saw and it was so gorgeous! I needed to know what it evolved from so that I could look out for it when I played the game and have one for myself. So I asked her brother, Guy, to send me a picture of what it evolved from. And the rest is history. I instantly fell in love and exclaimed, "Oh!!! It's like a lil seed bby!" So if you follow me on Twitter, now you know what that is if you didn't know before lol. The name caught on pretty well though, if any of y'all recall. ;) Anyway, I love Petilil because it's just so simple and cute. It makes me cry. It's that cute, y'all. Every time I play a Unova game, even if it's a challenge, I find some way to get Petilil on my team. I have beaten games without evolving it as well. Works just fine with an Eviolite. I love it. It's one of my favorite Pokemon of all time. :)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I don't have a particular order:

- Excadrill
    I mostly grew attached to it because of my latest White playthrough where it easily is my MVP. So powerful and it takes so many hits, itr ridiculous

- Lilligant
    It certainly is better than you'd think it is. I used it a couple of times during my playthroughs and it never was a burden. Also it's gen 5's generic human-like Pokemon.

- Galvantula
    It's one of these Pokemon that I didn't care much at first, but started liking when I first used it.

- Ferrothorn
    I've yet to use one during one of my playthroughs, but something about it is quite intriguing and I can't put my finger on what it is.

- Bisharp
    It's one of these Pokemon I started liking when I started playing a little bit competitive.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • As others have said, I don't really have an order.

Braviary-
    I always wanted an Eagle Pokemon and we finally got one.
    (Now only if we can get a Dolphin and a Moose.)

Krookodile-
    When Sandile was first reveled in Corocoro, I loved the pokemon's design. I even liked it more once it got to Krookodile. And liked it eve more when Ash's wore sunglasses.

Reuniclus-
    I don't know why, but I loved this pokemon. It is my favorite Psychic type.

Bisharp-
    I love swords and I have always liked middle ages. So this pokemon was perfect.
    (Now just imagine it wielding a Duoblade or Honedge.)

Gigalith-
    This pokemon has always just made me love it, possibly because of the anime? But the shining form is amazing. I hope once it finally gets a Mega, that it will be Steel/Dragon or Rock/Dragon.

Years
  • I have a lot of favorites! Unova introduced some of the best new Pokemon. Here's my list, in no particular order (and yes, I included 7 because I couldn't leave any of these out!!!):

1)
    547.gif
    I'm very biased towards Whimsicott and it'll always be a favorite with how cute it is. Only got cuter in its sixth generation 3D model but I adore its cry and design overall.

2)
    497.gif
    Or the entire Snivy line. :') Movepool isn't the best and it's arguably the hardest of the three fifth gen starters to use but I had a lot of fun using mine with Swords Dance + Leaf Blade before Contrary Serperior was released. Plus it looks awesome!

3)
    494.gif
    It's cute. Why is it so cute. Cutest small legendary overall and I'm really happy to own two myself.

4)
    573.gif
    I love this Pokemon so very much. Skill Link is a great ability that I had a lot of fun messing with and there's no argument that it's just.. really adorable, hahaha. I focus a lot more on looks than I do movesets or stats.

5)
    648.gif
    Meloetta is a new favorite of mine thanks to the wonderful one I got from Alli. ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ I trained one to lv. 100 and realized just how pretty of a Pokemon she is, plus she's really sweet in the anime episodes that featured her.

6)
    620.gif
    My MVP throughout both White and Black 2. It's really awesome-looking and a very solid attacker with great speed. Fragile but that doesn't take away from my love for Mienshao. Love!

7)
    587.gif
    Emolga gets too much hate.. but can anyone deny its adorableness? You've heard that so many times by now in this post ahaha but it really is too cute. I never did complete my goal of getting a shiny version but maybe someday.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • 5. Drillbur- so cute, I love having Drillbur in the musicals even cuter
    4. Emolga- Sure they are not fun to fight , but they are great Pokemon and super cute
    3.Meloetta- I am so happy I got one through a trade. A Pokemon who is both cute and Beautiful at the same time
    2. Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour- I cant chose either one, all three of them are so cute
    1. drum roll please, Osowott(sorry for the typo, I dont know how to spell it right now) The cutest out of all the starters and the anime

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    495.png
    snivy
    587.png
    emolga
    609.png
    chandelure
    623.png
    golurk
    518.png
    musharna

honorable mentions: cinccino, zorua, gothitelle and elgyem

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    In no particular order~~

Musharna - The design def weirds me out a little, but I still find it cute in a way. Has a cute cry and I enjoyed the bulk.

Maractus - I love grass types and I loved this design so I will admit I'm kinda bias towards it. I wish it had an evolution though

Golurk - I have a thing for robots. This embodied that thing perfectly.

Mandibuzz - Prob the most badass bird we've ever seen imo. Too bad it got overshadowed by its counterpart.

Bisharp - It's got that robot thing going on again

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    My top 5 would be:
    1) Sawk and SHINY emboar
    2) Hydreigon
    3) Scrafty
    4)Basculin
    5)Cubbachoo ( SO CUTE LIKE AWWW)

Pryze

Straight chillin
    Years
  • 1.) Chandelure
    2.) Victini
    3.) Samurott
    4.) Excadrill
    5.) Meloetta

Chandy and Victini just hit so hard, and that's usually what I look for in Pokemon. Samurott, I just like, I don't know why. Excadrill looks badass, and Meloetta, once again, I just like.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Braviary!
    I know it's a little bit questionable (native american stereotype much?) but as a design for a bird, it is REALLY, REALLY cool.

I'm also a fan of Emboar because it reminds me of Ganon from the legend of Zelda series!

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2015
    In Dex order.

1. Serperior.
    Definitely solidified my choice for starter (especially when Tepig didn't turn into the massive fire/steel Hellhog I was dreaming of) but I love the whole line; it was wonderfully done.
    2. Unfezant. I LOVE the gender differences, even if it means the female version is kind of eh, just because it reflects the differences in many species of bird. Also, male Unfezant looks amazing.
    3. Conkeldurr. Purely because it is hilarious. I just laugh every time I see it in my box.
    4. Scoliopede/Leavanny. I love their designs equally and for different reasons and they're definitely my favourite of all generation's starter bugs.
    5. Frillish. I just very clearly remember thinking "this thing looks amazing, I must have it" when I came across it.

Honourable mentions:
    Lillipup, Liepard, Zebstrika, Krokorok, Dwebble, Deerling, Cubchoo.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    1-3. Starters Of Course :D
    4. Hydregion. Don't Ask Why
    5. Stoutland. Great Strength

Years
  • I love basically all of the Unova pokemon, but I think my top favorites in no particular order are:

1:
    Spr_5b_623.png
    I've always loved Golurk in it's design, typing, and its awesomeness in general.

Spr_5b_595.png
    I just really like Joltik's simple design, its typing and the general idea behind it. I think it's a really cool/cute pokemon.

Spr_5b_516.png
    I think a lot of people hate Simipour, but I think it's super fun to use in game, and I enjoy how happy it is.

Spr_5b_606.png
    Beeheeyem is a pokemon I wish was better outside of trick room because it (and Elgyem) are really well designed

Spr_5b_562.png
    Yamask and Cofagrigus have always been really cool pokemon. Their basis is neat and their theme is well done. Yamask is just cuter than Cofagrigus imo.

Back