• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokémon: LIFE Version

What is you favorite season? (From the 5th generation games)

• Spring

Votes: 114 20.8%
  • Summer

Votes: 106 19.3%
  • Autumn

Votes: 169 30.8%
  • Winter

Votes: 227 41.3%

• Total voters

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
  • jesus, what a waste of time
    I don't have time already, and then you make me waste it explaining shit
    i'll edit this post once I'm home

Pokémon: LIFE Version

the left one is the one I uploaded and the one on the right is the in-game version
    was all this needed? faking intro? jezz, I just uploaded the wrong one.

this is how I did it. just a lot of 16colors images indexed each one with a different palette. it's just a map with a special tileset. the font is darker because I though it would fit better, and changed in photoshop. i was going change the palette in the rom, but I changed my mind and then this screen is the only one with different font color.

and I honestly don't know what you are talking about the battle scene. here is another gif, if you want

i used to do some work as graphic designer and because of it I have the habit of using photoshop instead of paint. also, I create my gifs with photoshop.
    I must thank you guys because you game me motivation to finish the opening sequence. It's being uploaded and it will be posted today. It took a long time because I wanted new music, but it just didn't work (I compose, but inserting music is definitely not my forte)
    Thanks for making me feel important enough to be accused of fraud :pink_love:
    Yeah, I don't buy this. We proved still that some of your screenshots were fraudulent. It's more than an accusation, lol

I'm of the mind that if you had the amazing work ethic to pull off something of this magnitude you wouldn't be faking screenshots to begin with. Take what you will of that.

Dionen

deprived of sleep
    Years
  • Yeah, I don't buy this. We proved still that some of your screenshots were fraudulent. It's more than an accusation, lol

I'm of the mind that if you had the amazing work ethic to pull off something of this magnitude you wouldn't be faking screenshots to begin with. Take what you will of that.
    If you think that posting shit here will bump citrine up, i'm sorry but no. I don't need to prove you anything, I just did it because I respect TeamFail a lot. If you think that all of this is still fake, then you will have to wait and see.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    looks awesome Dionen, keep up the good work, the hacks looks so good people are actualy doubting its real hahah

it has the potential to be the best rom hack ever.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Considering there are multiple videos of gameplay, and evident proof of Dionen's skills regarding hacking: I really do not even consider the fact that there was a very minor alteration in a screenshot or two. It's certainly not enough to claim that someone is "fraudulent". A minor text colour change, is that really something to freak out about? No, it's not. An unnoticeable palette change, worth getting your knickers in a twist? Nope. Get over it.

If someone decides to "try and prove fraudulent activity" without giving them the benefit of the doubt that they're actually innovating it is both rude and immature. Dionen, if someone was truly interested in seeing their doubts put aside they would have simply asked about process and not outright just guessed at what they think is impossible. I wouldn't worry about the naysayers who think they know everything. At the end of the day, even if these minor alterations are extremely common in your hack, it would still deserve the praise it gets because they truly make the most unequivocally minor impact. If a screenshot turns out to be a mockup, but never makes it into the hack, then it's no different from pretty much every AAA game ever made. Difference here is the hack will remain free and it's not a multi-national company trying to commit false advertising for you to throw money at it without delivering. So honestly, some people need to jump down off their high horse and realise what's srs bsns and what is an alteration of a ROM.

As for the latest video, it looks sweet. It's always nice to see someone take the time to change the standard FR opening sequence and should give your hack that little bit of an extra stamp of originality to it. It all stylistically looks well put together also. Looking forward to seeing more!

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Considering there are multiple videos of gameplay, and evident proof of Dionen's skills regarding hacking: I really do not even consider the fact that there was a very minor alteration in a screenshot or two.
    Except there kinda was. GIMP doesn't lie, and neither do metadata headers. "Consider" what you want lol

It's certainly not enough to claim that someone is "fraudulent". A minor text colour change, is that really something to freak out about? No, it's not. An unnoticeable palette change, worth getting your knickers in a twist? Nope. Get over it.
    I'm not even going to go down the rabbit hole of degree with you, but I want to clarify: we haven't, at any point whatsoever, gone out to claim that this hack is fake. Ever. That is seriously the most laughable manifestation you folks have just pretended was there to begin with with this fiasco. What we have done – on the other hand – is proven the fraudulence of accompanying public media, and brought into question the general legitimacy of the hack, mainly because there's a lot of media and no release, and hey, some of that media is fake? Wait a minute here. That's what happened in the initiation.

If someone decides to "try and prove fraudulent activity" without giving them the benefit of the doubt that they're actually innovating it is both rude and immature.
    Nice one there, but we didn't "try and prove anything." We proved that those screenshots were bogus, and then brought into question the legitimacy of the project in general.

Dionen, if someone was truly interested in seeing their doubts put aside they would have simply asked about process and not outright just guessed at what they think is impossible. I wouldn't worry about the naysayers who think they know everything.
    No, we were interested in having our doubts put aside. I'm surprised you'd stretch the truth so far as to call a gosh darned Colourcube analysis "guessing!" That's so out there, man. About naysaying, don't you recall? I did nothing of the sort.
    I do want to stress that there isn't really a clear say as to whether or not this hack is fake.

At the end of the day, even if these minor alterations are extremely common in your hack, it would still deserve the praise it gets because they truly make the most unequivocally minor impact. If a screenshot turns out to be a mockup, but never makes it into the hack, then it's no different from pretty much every AAA game ever made.
    Except, you know, the whole thing about it being made clear up-front that they're mockups, and not implying that they're legitimate and from source by putting them in presentation. When they're a mockup, major-league developers tend to let fans know that.

Difference here is the hack will remain free and it's not a multi-national company trying to commit false advertising for you to throw money at it without delivering.
    wat lol

So honestly, some people need to jump down off their high horse and realise what's srs bsns and what is an alteration of a ROM.
    I don't know if you realize how bad this sounds.

All in all, I am skeptical. Team Fail and some others have caved. Everyone will really believe what they want, but hey – this was brought up. If the hack gets cancelled and never makes release, alright then – maybe this had something to do with it after all. If it comes out and is great and wonderful as you folks want so bad to believe, great. I'd love to see a real, legitimate hack of this quality, for sure. In the end I honestly can't really lean too far in either direction but I am by no means sold on it's legitimacy. And I'm not the only one in that position. In layman's terms, that means I'm largely neutral. But day to day I can't care all that much, so whatever. I'm just a bit bugged at the absurd reactions to our uncoverings. :\

Jaypz

Cool Trainer
    Years
  • too much criticism lol you guys just calm your (insert) and wait for the release
    Dionen is doing all he can to make this rom the most unique and great game ever
    I don't care how long but I sure I'm excited for since day 1 ;)

Years
  • Dionen is doing all he can to make this rom the most unique and great game ever
    I don't believe that that was part of the specification, nonetheless if it's permissible to overstate things in such a direction in this case, which is presumably a question of presentation and reputation in this case, it should also presumably be permissible to claim as they have. Considering that the only responses seem to be assertions of the hack's quality and frequently ignoring or just repositioning the claims, there might be a degree of annoyance. Perhaps you should consult amongst yourselves vis-a-vis what constitutes 'serious bsns' - in the context mentioned. That said, at this point it seems likely that at least 'Nick' might have some reason for continuing in this thread, notwithstanding people talking to the ROM's creator as if they were the only one being targeted.

To continue the discussion of this hack in that vein, though, perhaps Okami might have some reasons to be reluctant about such a scenario?

juzzRizard

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    why not release a demo patch, that would clear assumptions if it's real or not.

i guess they think that the hack is too good to be true

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2015
    Please release the first beta or demo, :( Jebal ! Jebal ! Can't wait to play it.

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    The graphics in this look so good. Wow you are so talented. The tiles look 3D like the newer games and the intro backgrounds/bidoof eveolving background (Battle background) are amazing. What more can I say? It just looks really professional, my eyes are loving this.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2016
    This hack is one of the best looking ones that I've ever seen! Keep up the good work!

Back