• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite Starters

AeroMaxx

Tanzanite Pokedex Coordinator
Years
  • I chose Torchic because it evolves into Blaziken, which in my opinion is one of the best Fire-type starters out there.

Years
  • I alwase thought blazikin was kinda lame. siriously, it's a big fighting chicken. of corse, that might just be why people like him.

Nintendo's makeing the starters weirder and weirder with each generation, and I don't know what to think of it. Emploion wat a definate hit, though. !!!super cool!!!

I voted bulbasar, caus' I loved all the grass types so far (not so much tortera. first of all he's a turtle, and second he's a ground type, witch kinda clashes with his grass side.) but he takes the cake. First he's all adorible with a bit of tuffness to him, then he evolves and you can tell he's all bissness.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • SO I HERD YOU LIEK

TURTWIGS

LAWL.

Turtwig FTW.
    I love Mudkip and Chimchar because of how useful their evolutions are, but for the most part, a lot of the starters are useless.

Years
  • The omitting of Pikachu from this list is unaccetable. He was a starter once, you know. =P

Mudkip has to be the best, since it has the best evolution. For as much fun that people like to make at Mudkip, he is undoubtably the best starter in that R/S/E group (Treeko is basically an average Grass Pokemon, and Torchic's evolutions do it more harm than good), and probably the best in all the games combined.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I can't choose just one....I really like Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil and Charmander. They're all pretty darn awesome =P

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
  • I can never pass up Cyndaquil.
    It stole my heart the very first time I played Silver, and I've never had the urge to use a different fire type when I had the opportunity to get it.

Years
  • These are my favorite starters:
    Bulbasaur
    Charmander
    Squirtle
    Cyndaquil

Though I like all the starters very much :]

Back